corner corner 1001-library (X-post in several other fora)

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

1001-library (X-post in several other fora)

With the US 1001-Library starting up, the 1001-Library administrators would like to know how the Library could work better for members outside the US.

There have been fewer requests and a number of members have gone quiet. Please PM us or reply below with your opinion on the following questions/suggestions:
1. As most of the members of the 1001-Library are in Europe, is it time for a Europe only group? This would bring down costs for postage.
2. For members outside Europe and the US, would anyone like to take on role of a continental administrator?
3. As for the books in our possession, they could belong to the Library where the current owner is.

We look forward to hearing your opninion and welcome suggestions. Please post here, send us a PM or add your comments to one of the forum posts we made outside BookCrossing.

Administrators' thoughts:
It is very sad, postage is a growing problem, but as Iwe source most of the books second hand, we haven't minded spending a bit more to get hold of and pass on hard to find books.
We also really like the sense of community.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
With the US 1001-Library starting up, the 1001-Library administrators would like to know how the Library could work better for members outside the US.

There have been fewer requests and a number of members have gone quiet. Please PM us or reply below with your opinion on the following questions/suggestions:
1. As most of the members of the 1001-Library are in Europe, is it time for a Europe only group? This would bring down costs for postage.
2. For members outside Europe and the US, would anyone like to take on role of a continental administrator?
3. As for the books in our possession, they could belong to the Library where the current owner is.

We look forward to hearing your opninion and welcome suggestions. Please post here, send us a PM or add your comments to one of the forum posts we made outside BookCrossing.

Administrators' thoughts:
It is very sad, postage is a growing problem, but as Iwe source most of the books second hand, we haven't minded spending a bit more to get hold of and pass on hard to find books.
We also really like the sense of community.
Profile Image
When I talk about Europe, I use the term in the way I was taught in school: including the part of Russia before the Ural mountains and also the islands off the cost of Africa (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're Spanish :-) Royal Dutch mail seems to think otherwise these days...

To help define I thought I'd share a link to a web page that I use to see if a country is Europe: https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/countries-of-europe.html

Could this be of use, what do you think?
Profile Image
And please, don't cross-post in multiple forums.
Profile Image
Are you here because you wish to be a part of bookcrossing?
Profile Image
...consists of books on the "1001 books you must read" lists - it's a virtual library which a number of BC'ers have contributed to. The administrators are BookCrossers who volunteered to be "librarians".

Sadly, increasing postage costs have affected the usage of the library.

Also, in my case, the books are of the "I really should read that" type - and that often translates to "I never get around to them".

I have a number of books that "belong" to the library in my hands. I'd like send them on to someone who will actually read them, although I'd definitely prefer to send them within the US due to postage costs: some of them are fairly heavy.

As for cross-posting, I'd have a hard time deciding which forum would be most appropriate: bookrays/bookboxes, maybe? I see that 1001Library-USA has been posting in the RABCK forum.
Profile Image
Thanks for the explanation.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.