corner corner Profile book pictures tell a story

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Profile book pictures tell a story

My home profile page now shows the latest six books registered/read/new entried by myself. Four pirate books, a Titanic book and a Darren Shan Zombie book.

Now THAT gives a good idea for a new book story!!! Zombie pirates on board the Titanic!!!!

What's yours?!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My home profile page now shows the latest six books registered/read/new entried by myself. Four pirate books, a Titanic book and a Darren Shan Zombie book.

Now THAT gives a good idea for a new book story!!! Zombie pirates on board the Titanic!!!!

What's yours?!
Profile Image
Becoming Bobbie - cover art shows a girl apparently leaning on a stick
The Coffee Trader
A Cruel Fate
The Surgeon of Crowthorne
The Tea Planter's Wife
The Constant Queen - cover art shows a woman who looks like a Hollywood-style Native American but is actually meant to be a Viking

I suppose Bobbie would have needed a Surgeon after a Cruel Fate left her lame . . . and, if you ignore geography and likelihood, the Tea Planter's Wife could herself be a Coffee Trader . . . but I don't know how the Queen gets in on the act, Constant or otherwise . . . .
Profile Image
Becoming Bobbie - cover art shows a girl apparently leaning on a stick
The Coffee Trader
A Cruel Fate
The Surgeon of Crowthorne
The Tea Planter's Wife
The Constant Queen - cover art shows a woman who looks like a Hollywood-style Native American but is actually meant to be a Viking

I suppose Bobbie would have needed a Surgeon after a Cruel Fate left her lame . . . and, if you ignore geography and likelihood, the Tea Planter's Wife could herself be a Coffee Trader . . . but I don't know how the Queen gets in on the act, Constant or otherwise . . . .

Perhaps Bobbie required a surgeon after becoming involved in the trade wars between the coffee and tea plantations and hid out with the Queen whilst recovering???! And if the queen was nasty, that could be a cruel fate in itself.....

Profile Image
Perhaps Bobbie required a surgeon after becoming involved in the trade wars between the coffee and tea plantations and hid out with the Queen whilst recovering???! And if the queen was nasty, that could be a cruel fate in itself.....

Well done! Your imagination works better than mine :-)
Profile Image

Oh, I like this, but had to translate some titles first.
This is what I have:
The horror bus
Two sides
Valhalla rising
Up the downstairs cace
police killer
four foreign friends.
What can I make of that?

The policekiller took The horror bus to meet Four foreign friends. They took Two sides to the Up the downstairs case and saw Valhalla rising.

Something like that ;-)
Profile Image
Blushing after the Getting of Wisdom, following The Affair, coming out of the Shadow of Night and a visit to the Mesmerist. Better go to the Russia House.

See what I mean :)
Profile Image
... by registering books in a premeditated order.
Profile Image
... by registering books in a premeditated order.

Heh! Over the years I've actually arranged my books-to-be-registered so that the last three would be the most attractive/interesting when they showed on my bookshelf page. Didn't try to form a narrative, just wanted to avoid having the goofier or just plain boring covers show up - though the site sometimes shows older titles when it's first loading my (rather large) bookshelf, so "best laid plans gang aft a-gley".

I do love having six pictures, and will undoubtedly spend more time arranging my books-to-be-registered to take advantage of that!
Profile Image
Over the years I've actually arranged my books-to-be-registered so that the last three would be the most attractive/interesting when they showed on my bookshelf page.

Same here. Will be more of a challenge now with more books :)
Profile Image
firstly, Thank you for making me look and see the pretty covers are back.
(I haven't got to the announcement forum yet) and that we now see 6 books.

so, reading left to right

Christmas Cookie Club
Walking back to happiness
Dancing in the dark
Two for Joy
Love and Laughter
the puppy that came for Christmas

Profile Image
firstly, Thank you for making me look and see the pretty covers are back.
(I haven't got to the announcement forum yet) and that we now see 6 books.

so, reading left to right

Christmas Cookie Club
Walking back to happiness
Dancing in the dark
Two for Joy
Love and Laughter
the puppy that came for Christmas

Oh this is a slushie romcom story!!!! You got a puppy for Christmas that you walked to the happy Christmas cookie selection, who then romped all over the cookies in the dark which was so funny you HAD to join in!!!! I like that one!

Profile Image
Oh this is a slushie romcom story!!!! You got a puppy for Christmas that you walked to the happy Christmas cookie selection, who then romped all over the cookies in the dark which was so funny you HAD to join in!!!! I like that one!

:)
Profile Image

Hmm...

I've got:

Don't Monkey With Murder
Wilders Walk Away
Please Don't Eat the Daisies
The Monkey King
Lament for a Lady Laird
Turn of the Screw

Bit of "wild kingdom" trouble here with all those monkeys. So:

The monkeys, led by the Monkey King, walked away and ate all the daisies, which caused the lady laird to lament as she turned the screws on their cage to keep them from escaping again.
Profile Image

RE: Hmm...

The monkeys, led by the Monkey King, walked away and ate all the daisies, which caused the lady laird to lament as she turned the screws on their cage to keep them from escaping again.

Brilliant .
Profile Image
Thanks, camperfan! It took me a while to think of a "story" but then it started to come together :o)
Profile Image
As I mentioned above, my shelf is large enough that the site often displays older books when it first loads the shelf, both on my profile page and on the full bookshelf-view. A "refresh" usually updates things. Just now, my random-older-books are displaying:

Get on the Ball (cover shows guy exercising)
Barchester Towers (cover: guy sitting and reading)
Sleep Demons (cover: guy having nightmares)
Doomdate: I Spy (cover: lurid red, with the I-Spy actors)
The Art of Discworld (cover: Discworld's grinning Mona Lisa)
Fool's Errand (cover: guy dreaming of That Special Guy)

In this case the covers make a more entertaining narrative than the titles, though the whole thing tends to look like a serious attempt at preparing one's self for a big date while fearing the worst!

The actual most-recent titles, visible after refreshing my shelf:

Birdsong
Erebus
Johannes Cabal & the Fear Institute
Goldclimbers
Speak
Screening Party

That one totally sounds like spy-speak - which ties in to the "Doomdate" book from the previous set. Hmmm...
Profile Image
My titles:
Quand vous serez en France - When you arrive in France
La chambre des dames - The Ladies Room
Nora
Non coupable - No guilty
Le secret- The secret
Romance viennoise - Viennese romance

Nora, quand vous serez en France dans la chambre des dames, le secret de votre romance viennoise est bien gardé, et vous êtes non coupable!

Nora, when you arrive in France in the ladies room, the secret of your Viennese romance is well protected, an you are not guilty

By the way, I took this idea for the french forum!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/539304
Hope you don't mind Andrea99
Profile Image
By the way, I took this idea for the french forum!http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/539304Hope you don't mind Andrea99

And I took it to the Dutch Forum
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/539299
You're going to be famous Andrea99 :-)
Profile Image
By the way, I took this idea for the french forum!http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/539304Hope you don't mind Andrea99

And I took it to the Dutch Forum
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/539299
You're going to be famous Andrea99 :-)

Hahaa!!! Oh I don't mind - the more joining in the better! - and all because my six struck me as a good storyline!!! Hope it all raises as much smiling as I've had reading these ones!!!
Profile Image
This is fun! My books:

The Wooden Sea
Orange is the new black
The Ladies of Beverly Hills
Wish upon a star
Zoo
Veil of night

The ladies of Beverly Hills, dressed in orange (as it is the new black), crossed the wooden sea under the veil of night to wish upon a star at the zoo.
Profile Image
What's yours?!

Wild swans in their last hour read a gospel and had to talk to god. But we do not know if that took place because than a murder happend which only the Quarkbeast could resovle by singing a song.

-Wilde Schwäne
-Die Wahrheit der letzten Stunde
-Das Evangelium nach Pilates
-Und Gott sprach: Wir müssen reden
-Ein Mord von bessrer Qualität
- Das Lied des Quarktiers

Nice new game :-)
Profile Image
My books are:

Outpost
The Lady's Maid
Hunted
Precipice
Atlantis
The Highest Tide

The Lady's Maid stood on the Precipice of the Outpost while she Hunted for Atlantis at The Highest Tide.

Great game!
Profile Image
What's yours?!

This story is a trashy pulp ficton novel, with lots of love, passion, secrets, the insight of the secret life of santaclaus and it ends with a death.

- Der Ruf der Trommel
- Schundroman
- Löcher, die Geheimnisse von Green Lake
- Ohje Du Fröhliche
- Was macht der Weihnachtsmann im Juli?
-Death of a salesman
Profile Image
Hah! Everybody else said the butler did it, but I've always suspected der Weinachtsmann!!
Profile Image
East-West
Heart and Soul
The Kabul Beauty School
Alexander the Great
How to Walk on High Heels
Breaking the Rules
!
Profile Image
East-West
Heart and Soul
The Kabul Beauty School
Alexander the Great
How to Walk on High Heels
Breaking the Rules
!

Alexander the Great broke all the rules by putting his heart and soul into learning to walk in high heels while attending the Kabul Beauty school after travelling from the east to get there (thus taking his skills) to the west
Profile Image

lol

Greatly put Andrea99 : )
Profile Image
The Pearl, Mauve, Insane City, Crescent City, The Return Journey, Echoes

On my return journey from the Crescent City, where I found the mauve pearl, I heard echoes from the insane city.
Profile Image
Un anthropologue en déroute (the innocent anthropologist)
L'homme chauve-souris (the bat)
Du sang sur la glace (blood on snow)
Mary Ann in autumn
The broken road
Les frontalières (I have to paraphrase this one, it refers to a mother and daughter who live in Switzerland near the border with France and frequently cross over for shopping, picking raspberries, visiting friends...)

So: The innocent anthropologist and Mary Ann in autumn took the broken road to cross over the border, where they came upon blood on the snow, dripping from the jaws of a bat.
Profile Image
WOW!!! That's quite the thriller!!!
Profile Image
The Miniaturist
Life of Pi
A Song for Issy Bradley
Faceless Killers
Double Cross
A Judgement in Stone

The Life of Pi was ended by the Faceless Killers who were Double Crossed by a Judgement in Stone while The Miniaturist sang a Song for Issy Bradley
Profile Image
...the Evil Librarian at
84 Charing Cross Rd, heading out to
Dogtown to try and find
The Egyptologist, who just returned from
The Hall of the Mountain King with data for his latest book,
Horrible Histories: Cruel Kings and Mean Queens, which...

...the Evil Librarian plans to lock up so nobody can ever read it! [Hey, after all, he *is* an EVIL librarian.]
Profile Image
...the Evil Librarian at
84 Charing Cross Rd, heading out to
Dogtown to try and find
The Egyptologist, who just returned from
The Hall of the Mountain King with data for his latest book,
Horrible Histories: Cruel Kings and Mean Queens, which...
...the Evil Librarian plans to lock up so nobody can ever read it! [Hey, after all, he *is* an EVIL librarian.]

I like it! I'd read that novel .....
Profile Image
The Things We Do for Love
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
The Constant Queen
The Secrets of a Fire King
Warrior Queens
Princesses

The Constant Queen booked into the Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet hoping to learn The Secrets of [the] Fire King, especially The Things [He Was Prepared to] Do for Love. Meanwhile her daughters, the Princesses, were dreaming about becoming Warrior Queens!
Profile Image
avonturen in het heksenbos = adventures in the witches wood
mees Kees op kamp = master kees at camp
juffrouw Pots = miss Pots
operatie zeer ernstige ramp = Operation very serious disaster
boze tweeling = angry twins
mees Kees een pittig klasje = master kees a lively classroom

The angry twins from the lively classroom of master Kees went camping with miss Pots.This operation was a very serious disaster with adventures in witches wood.
Profile Image

Love it!

I have What Alice Forgot was a Dark Matter-An Improper Daughter who was All Bones and Lies but was Reloaded and sent onto the Paths of Destiny. Quite a story!
Profile Image

My Turn

* Wild Mountain Thyme
* I Never Knew That About Scotland
* Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop
* Angel: Monolith
* Judge and Jury
* Women and Ghosts

I Never Knew That About Scotland but according to the Women and Ghosts if you follow the Wild Mountain Thyme you will find a Monolith that was left by an Angel. It points the way to Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop where the Judge and Jury spent their Christmas.
Profile Image

my turn

Emily's reden waarom niet = Emily's reason why not
In een sluier gevangen = caught in a veil
Borderline dance
Last minute
White oleander
En toen kwam Frankie = And then came Frankie

And then came Frankie, under the white oleander and did the borderline dance. He understood Emily's reason why not. She was, at the last minute, trapped in a veil.
Profile Image
"Where'd You Go, Bernadette?"
To "Creativity Inc.", where we're brainstorming on how to spin-doctor the case of...
"The Boy in the Suitcase". While there we'll have a...
"Secret Supper" consisting of a...
"Fruits Basket" - after which we'll probably sink all the evidence in...
"Lanthan Mire".

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14427677
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14427676
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14383158
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14231649
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12675068
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14394134
Profile Image
Angela's Ashes
The Blue Zone
Fox Evil
A Sixpenny Christmas
The Partner
Ice Station Zebra

Staring at Angela's Ashes I was in the blue zone. That Evil fox! After spending a cheap Christmas, that partner iced the zebra.
Angela had been a lovely animal.
Profile Image
The unbearable lightness of being in Aberystwyth
A good writer is a dead writer (translation)
The cumbersome ones (translation; a better title would be something like What can we do with grannie? as it's about old people)
The Lollipop Shoes
A river's journey (literal translation; published in English as Tregian’s Ground: The Life and Sometimes Secret Adventures of Francis Tregian, Gentleman and Musician)
My Antonia

So maybe:
Unable to cope with the unbearable lightness of being in Aberystwyth, my Antonia put on her lollipop shoes and journeyed to Tregian's ground where she met her fate at the hands of the cumbersome ones who thought a good writer was a dead writer.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.