One of my books was caught more than 24 hours ago

Forum » Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
but my stats remain the same, this catch doesn't show? Every how many hours do stats get updated?
This is the book I'm talking about
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14272537/

I can see “1” under your releases caught tally

I can see “1” under your releases caught tally

Yes, but this is for another book caught within last 4 weeks, this one
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15093709/

Stats should show 2 for last 4 weeks, 5 in total.
They are not that many, so I remember them all lol

Not sure how long the update cycle is; I'd have thought 24 hours would be enough. If I view your shelf and click on the "caught" button that book does show up, so the site acknowledges it as a catch, but the stats may be on a longer update window... So, yeah, I don't know. {wry grin} But congrats on the catch!

Not sure how long the update cycle is; I'd have thought 24 hours would be enough. If I view your shelf and click on the "caught" button that book does show up, so the site acknowledges it as a catch, but the stats may be on a longer update window... So, yeah, I don't know. {wry grin} But congrats on the catch!

Yes, I checked the "caught" list. This book was caught on the 13th, it didn't show on the list till the evening of the 14th, I checked again (I think) a bit after midnight, so on the 15th and it appeared on the "caught" list by then. Still not appearing on the stats, 8AM on the 15th- my time.

Maybe the finder ticked the infamous 'left it where I found it' box.

Maybe the finder ticked the infamous 'left it where I found it' box.

Thank you Moem, that explains it, I didn't notice the running ballycumber on the top.
Still very nice to hear back from the book, this makes it 4 or 5 wild catches out of 80. Not that bad.

When you release a book, it defaults to a time, which is sometimes in the future. I read that if a book is caught or journalled before your scheduled release time, it may not show up on your stats.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.