[Answered] Wishlist book cover

Forum » Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I don't know whether this is a Question or a Bug or a What but I'm trying here first anyway!
I've just added Now You See Her by Elly Griffiths to my Wish List - and it's very helpfully accompanied by the cover of a totally different Now You See Her, one by Whitney Otto, which I'm not interested in.
Unfortunately I can't see a way of deleting the cover that I don't want without also deleting the book that I do.
Help :-)

How did you add that book to your wishlist? If you found an existing registered copy and used the "add to wishlist" link from its global overview page, perhaps that's where the problem came in - the data in the global overview can differ from that in an individual book, and it can be tricky to work around that when adding a wish. If you can find a different copy of the same title, possibly with a different ISBN, you might be able to add a wish that at least has the correct title/author on the cover - or one that has no cover-pic at all, which would be a bit less confusing!

Or you can leave it as is, and hope that anyone offering to fill the list will go by the text and not the cover!

Thanks for the response. I'll just ignore it for now!
The book's not yet published (due October '19) and is marked on Fantastic Fiction as 'Cover Coming Soon' so I was hoping that it would be left blank!!! It wasn't :-)
Yes, I know I'm a bit (ok, a lot!) early - but I regularly use my Wishlist as a reminder to myself.

I don't know whether this is a Question or a Bug or a What but I'm trying here first anyway!
I've just added Now You See Her by Elly Griffiths to my Wish List - and it's very helpfully accompanied by the cover of a totally different Now You See Her, one by Whitney Otto, which I'm not interested in.
Unfortunately I can't see a way of deleting the cover that I don't want without also deleting the book that I do.
Help :-)

Currently it is not possible to edit a book on your Wishlist. You have the delete it completely, and start over.
This is something that we have added to the list of things to look into, after it was highlighted in this forum thread:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/555220

Currently it is not possible to edit a book on your Wishlist. You have the delete it completely, and start over.
This is something that we have added to the list of things to look into, after it was highlighted in this forum thread:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/555220

Thank you

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.