[Answered] Can't Find Private Messages on Site and Message Won't Send

Forum » Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Someone sent me a message for my address to send me something on my wishlist, but I can only seem to respond to the message by clicking the link in the email I got about it. Is there not somewhere on the site I can click to see my messages without going through email? Maybe I didn't search through the webpages enough...

And when I tried to respond to this person (and another person in the past), it just keeps saying Error. I don't want to bombard someone by sending too many messages in case they ARE sending and just saying error, or not be able to give someone my address for books, aaaah! Is it standard to just keep trying over and over until it works?

Thanks for any help!

Someone sent me a message for my address to send me something on my wishlist, but I can only seem to respond to the message by clicking the link in the email I got about it. Is there not somewhere on the site I can click to see my messages without going through email? Maybe I didn't search through the webpages enough...

And when I tried to respond to this person (and another person in the past), it just keeps saying Error. I don't want to bombard someone by sending too many messages in case they ARE sending and just saying error, or not be able to give someone my address for books, aaaah! Is it standard to just keep trying over and over until it works?

Thanks for any help!

Ok so firstly, you account was not verified, which may explain the error message you were getting when trying to send PMs. I have manually verified your account for you.
This probably means you did not receive the welcome email, so here's a copy for your reference: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/wcm.html

With regards to private messages, they go through your email account, they are not stored within the BookCrossing website.

Nope. There's no point in hitting reply to the email as BookCrossing doesn't work that way; that way they would see your email address which BookCrossing keeps private. The way to respond is to click on the link in that PM. That keeps your personal email address private as it arrives from BookCrossing, not from toxxiduck@xxxxxxx.com.

You can certainly agree to correspond with someone through your private email or Facebook or whatever method you choose, after you make contact through that link, but the link is the way to do so through BookCrossing.

The message system works with e-mail. There is no messagebox on the bookcrossings site.
You can answer by the link you mentioned or you can, there is a link on the profil page of the member "send... a private message".

The error messages you recieved do sound like bad timing to me. It should not be like this every time.

Okay, thank you all for responding so fast. I didn't realize my account wasn't verified, not sure how that happened. :P

Thanks for verifying my account for me J4shaw! I was able to send the message. :D

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.