[Resolved] Someone on Reddit unable to sign up due to technical issue

Forum » Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
https://www.reddit.com/---/failed_recaptcha_check_please_try_again_error/

Here's what they said:

~

Hola!

Been trying to join Bookcrossing for a few days but I stumble upon the error message mentioned in the title after I've filled the required fields and tried to validate.

No Captcha has showed up on my screen as far as I know.

Been using IE and Chrome (don't know if it helps).

Anyone knows a way around this? Or what it's all about?

Seems like a way to prevent new people joining in. Maybe the site is left for dead?

Cheers.

EDIT : I contacted the website to bring the issue to their attention a few days ago (last week) but no news from them.

... and it's blocking out the captcha.
They should be able to send a message to Support; that can be done even when one is not logged in. Is that what they did?

... and it's blocking out the captcha.
They should be able to send a message to Support; that can be done even when one is not logged in. Is that what they did?

Adblockers don't block out Captchas, because it results in problems like this! Although maybe there is a bug. Yes, they sent a message to support.

EDIT : I contacted the website to bring the issue to their attention a few days ago (last week) but no news from them.

I can confirm that all Support Tickets have been responded to, so if they haven't had a reply (ask them to check their Spam folder, just in case) they ought to send a message to Support again.
https://www.bookcrossing.com/contact

Cassolotl 1 yr ago
Response
I'll ask them if they've checked their spam folder. :) They just posted this:

I don't use adblock (unless Chrome has it activated by default) and I used the "Contact us" section of the website with "I need support with the website" as a reason.

Maybe I'll give IE a try at home (only tried it at work with IE and Firefox but used Chrome at home).

reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a turing test to tell human and bots apart. It is easy for humans to solve, but hard for “bots” and other malicious software to figure out.

We’re using v3, which happens in the background, so you don’t see it unless you fail.

Therefore the issue they are encountering is that Google is flagging them as a robot or an unsafe source, so the issue is down to their IP address.
Could be worth disconnecting their smartphone from wifi and trying to sign up using their data instead of through wifi - thus a different IP address.

reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a turing test to tell human and bots apart. It is easy for humans to solve, but hard for “bots” and other malicious software to figure out.

We’re using v3, which happens in the background, so you don’t see it unless you fail.

Therefore the issue they are encountering is that Google is flagging them as a robot or an unsafe source, so the issue is down to their IP address.
Could be worth disconnecting their smartphone from wifi and trying to sign up using their data instead of through wifi - thus a different IP address.

Hola!

I was the one having trouble. Still didn't manage to sign up from my computer but managed to do it from my phone. Weird. Anyway, thanks for the replies!

Cheers!

I was the one having trouble.

Nah, signing up for BookCrossing isn't making trouble. We're glad you persisted. Welcome!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.