[Answered] Never received confirmation email

Forum » Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread

Hello need help
I haven't received my e-mail to confirm my email just tried to pm someone and kept coming up with error.
I checked my spam box and not a email in there either.
I brought some booklabels and I got an email confirming my purchase but not my email to finish my account.

Your account must be active, or you wouldn't be able to post here.

Hi, Tattoolady. I checked your profile, and it did indeed show as not yet verified. I've verified it manually, so you should be all set now, though you may have to edit your profile to activate the Private Message setting. (I believe there have been some recent problems with the automated verification emails, so while there could have been issues with spam filters it could also have been a site problem. Either way, you should be good to go!)

Okay thank you very much Will go and do it now.

I've edited my profile for private messaging like you said and I saved it but when I leave the website and come back hours later the private message setting has gone back to off even thou I saved it

I've edited my profile for private messaging like you said and I saved it but when I leave the website and come back hours later the private message setting has gone back to off even thou I saved it

That's probably only a question of cached version of the site. On Support side it looks like your private messages are activated now.
One thing you could try, log out and then log back in to see if that does the trick for you to see it. Or just send a test message to yourself (or to me if you want and I'll answer so you're sure it works) (ps. I'm on the Support team too)

I done a test message to myself and it worked I went of the website and came back on and the private message was set to off again. I've not tried to log out then back in yet

Just logged out and then back in and fingers crossed its helped the problem

I've send you a PM. So you can check if it works. ;-)

Thanks yes it works but I've tried to reply back and says I can't send you a message as private message is turned off but I saved it.

I've had the same problem today - as you see I'm still logged in from when I set up the account. But worried I won't be able to log in ever again ...

But worried I won't be able to log in ever again ...

Don't worry, I'm with Support and I verified your account. Welcome!

Many thanks !

But another mystery- why can't I send a PM to WoodenO07? I can to all my other friends but not to him. Admittedly I can talk to him over the breakfast table ....

But another mystery- why can't I send a PM to WoodenO07? I can to all my other friends but not to him. Admittedly I can talk to him over the breakfast table ....

Try again if it works now?

Not yet. But no matter. I expect it will some time.

Ah I see. It says he's chosen not to receive PMs so he needs to go into his profile and accept them.

Sometimes our verification emails get swallowed by spam-filters and don't reach the intended recipient.

If your welcome e-mail can't be found, here's a copy for your reference: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/wcm.html

Some forums you might find helpful:
Introduce Yourself : http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8
New member questions here : http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/1

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.