Bookcrossers in Central Japan?

Forum » Japanese - 日本語 | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hey dear Japanese bookcrossers!

I see that there aren't that much people in the forum here, but I'd like to get in contact with some of you...if anyone reads this ;)

I'll be in central Japan for the next half year and it would be great to know a little more about bookcrossing in Japan or to meet you if you live close there. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and maybe to swapping books with you in the future :)

I suppose that a majority of bookcrossers in Japan are Japanese who prefer reading Japanese language books. I assume you're looking for someone who read English or some other languages but Japanese. I believe there are some bookcrossers who read/speak other than Japanese language. I imagine those bookcrossers may live around Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe. I hope you can reach them:)

Which area are you referring as "Central Japan"? I think it is more clear to others if you mention the name of prefecture ( http://en.wikipedia.org/---/Prefecture_of_Japan ). When someone say "Central Japan", I would think it is about "Chubu region ( http://en.wikipedia.org/---/Ch%C5%ABbu_region )", but I'm not sure that is what you mean. If you are coming Nagoya City, Aichi prefecture, I recommend you to say "I'm visiting Nagoya". If it is actually Tokyo (or somewhere else), it is better saying "I'm visiting Tokyo (or else)". I wish you good luck and have a wonderful stay in Japan!

I'm sorry for responding so late and my inaccurate first post. Now I'm in Aichi prefecture, Nagoya.

Although I will learn Japanese I think I won't be able to read a book in Japanese ;) So you're right, I'm looking for other people who can either understand German, English, Italian or Russian.

Thank you very much for your kind wishes. It's very exciting to be here :)

I think I am one of the only active Bookcrossers in Osaka. There doesn't seem to be much activity in this area. The plus side is that books tend to stay at places for a much longer time. If you visit The Blarney Stone Pub in Shinsaibashi or Hiro's Guest House in Ikuno Koreatown you can choose from a nice selection of books.

I think I am one of the only active Bookcrossers in Osaka. There doesn't seem to be much activity in this area.

I observe your activity interesting.You released a book at secondhand bookstore in Kobe.
I want to catch you released book,But I am not good reading English.

My wife and I are visiting Osaka, Kyoto, the Inland Sea, and Hiroshima for the next three weeks, so I'm taking prenumbered labels with me.

I'm used to typing in ISBNs, so I won't need to be able to read Japanese to register and release. Till any finders journal what they think, I won't know, with or without Google Translate, whether I'd released anything good!

If I tag a large number of books in one place I'll mention it here.

My wife and I are visiting Osaka, Kyoto, the Inland Sea, and Hiroshima for the next three weeks, so I'm taking prenumbered labels with me.If I tag a large number of books in one place I'll mention it here.

Hello,chefcrossing!
I have a plan visiting Osaka and Kyoto too.I want to know your schedule.
Do you have a friend of Japanese bookcorsser?
I want to meet you and do bookcrossing you and me,if you can do it.

Konnichiwa, yaroujidai. Very sorry I didn't see your reply till now. We're already back in NYC.

Konnichiwa, yaroujidai. Very sorry I didn't see your reply till now. We're already back in NYC.

Hello,chefcrossing.Do not mind!
Did you spend a pleasant days in Japan?
Will you tell Japanese bookcrossers a your japanese impression and your experience in Japan?

Not a single book found or released. My first hotel's "library"'s books were clearly for show, not meant for removal or even reading. And as for the sidewalks . . .

One night we took excellent sushi from a neverending underground mall to our hotel room, and the next morning, during my regular run, embarrassed by the big bag of takeout trash, I decided to take it with me and throw it out in a sidewalk trash can. I jogged for an hour before returning to our room, still holding the bag, because Osaka, and all of the cities and towns we visited afterward, had almost NO public trash cans.

Here in NYC, I'm resigned to at least some of my wild-released-on-sidewalks books ending up as rubbish instead of being rescued by strangers. But I when I linger, I usually see most of the books picked up, since they're inherently more valuable and interesting than litter. I wasn't going to dare leaving anything on Japan's sidewalks, where the books might be seen as more of a nuisance than an opportunity.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.