Shipping time?

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
What sort of shipping time is everyone experiencing to the US? I ordered a big lot of spine labels October 10, and I got an e-mail that they shipped October 23, but I still haven't gotten them. I know they're coming from Germany, and mail is screwed up in the US right now, but still, doesn't this look like it's gone missing? I did contact customer service about 10 days ago, and I got a response that "it can definitely take a month," but no mention of how much longer to expect. So how long should I wait?

UPDATE December 19: I got my labels today! So the shipping time (to Colorado) was just short of two months, for anyone else wondering what to expect for shipping times.

The problem is, shipping times to the US are super unpredictable recently. I did not give you any hard and fast information before, because I don't have any to give. We've simply never been in these circumstances before and things keep changing all the time.
Some people get their stuff in ten days, some get it in two months. Some never get it at all. So I'm having a hard time giving you a useful answer here. I hope some US members can chime in and tell me what shipping times were like for them, these months.

If it really does not show up (and please note that I currently don't know how to meaningfully define that) we will of course resend, at our cost.

Thanks for commenting! I just thought I'd try to get a feel for if this is what others are experiencing, too. If someone else said, "Oh, yeah, it took two months," then I'd feel better. But if everyone else says, "No, I just got my order and it took two weeks, tops," then I'd kind of start feeling like...it ain't comin'.

Yeah, I've noticed it's been taking longer. My last order was shipped on Nov. 10 and hasn't arrived yet - will update here when it turns up, just for the anecdotal evidence.

Thanks! If you get yours before I get mine, I'm declaring mine lost.

Thanks! If you get yours before I get mine, I'm declaring mine lost.

I wouldn’t assume that. Things are just taking much longer once they are shipped. Mine shipped in October and it arrived yesterday, in December.

Yeah, I've noticed it's been taking longer. My last order was shipped on Nov. 10 and hasn't arrived yet - will update here when it turns up, just for the anecdotal evidence.

So, yeah - after two months I gave up and submitted a supply-store issue - and two days later the package showed up, all in good order, at a robust 65 calendar days from the shipping date that I was notified of. (I was able to cancel the re-order, so as not to tax the supply-store folk too much!) The package is quite neat and tidy, so I'm guessing it spent most of that time in quarantine somewhere, and/or in a backlog of packages-to-be-dealt-with.

I'm very glad to have the goods in hand, even if it did tax my patience a bit. And I'm glad to be able to provide a metric of some kind, in hopes that it'll help others. And thanks to the supply-store folk (hi, Moem!) for their ongoing efforts in this challenging time!

A parcel I sent from Greece to US on 7th September arrived only three days ago. A non-BC envelope took nearly two months to come from Germany to Greece last spring, I have other similar examples during 2020 where post takes months to travel when it used to take only a few days or a couple of weeks at most.

I don't think mail is lost, but it does take a really looooong time right now. I try not to overthink about it. (It's not easy, I know) It will arrive when it'll arrive...

Ok so not really but there is another BCer that just received a package that was sent from Spain 6yrs ago!!

The US mail has been hit hard with all this covid.... some packages/mail arrive quick some take forever... guess we just need to adjust to the "flexibility" ;)

I mailed 2 book packages on December 12. One was going to Indiana and one to Hawaii. Both of them were received in the last week. I think I could have walked to Indiana in that length of time!

This is good to know - thank you for sharing.

Got the "order was sent" notice on Feb. 1, and the package arrived today (Feb. 16)! I don't know if the mail-in-general has loosened up or if this was a fluke, but I'm glad to have the order - and I hope everyone else's orders are as prompt!

That's very good news, let's hope that is a good sign!

A book I sent from Germany took 10 weeks to get to the US (Idaho). Well, the German postal service did warn me it could take "more than 30 days" so they were not wrong ;-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.