How do I find the BCID after I've registered a book?

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
It's been awhile since I've engaged on Bookcrossing, but thanks to COVID-19, I'm purging my bookshelves & looking forward to releasing some titles I've enjoyed & want to share. However... I'm stumped and can't figure out how to get help. I just registered a book but did not get a BCID and it's not showing up in my profile. Was following the "How to BookCross" guidelines so am not sure what I might have done wrong... is the registration not automatic/immediate? Do I need to check back? Will I receive it by email? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Hi, and welcome back! I don't see any newly-registered books on your shelf, so apparently it didn't take. Did you see any error messages at any point in the process? If you left out a field, or if the site was just being flaky, that could prevent the registration from completing. I'd suggest starting the process again, going step by step, and if it still doesn't work let us know what steps you took and what if any messages you saw. If you filled in all the fields and clicked the final "register book" button, but did not get the screen showing your new BCID, what did happen? [I registered some books just an hour or so ago, so if it's a site problem it isn't a widespread one.]

The process shouldn't be this tricky, but sometimes the "you missed a field" messages can be hard to spot, especially on small-screen devices. Hope it works for you this time!

It's been awhile since I've engaged on Bookcrossing, but thanks to COVID-19, I'm purging my bookshelves & looking forward to releasing some titles I've enjoyed & want to share. However... I'm stumped and can't figure out how to get help. I just registered a book but did not get a BCID and it's not showing up in my profile. Was following the "How to BookCross" guidelines so am not sure what I might have done wrong... is the registration not automatic/immediate? Do I need to check back? Will I receive it by email? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

In you recent book activity on your profile page I see a lot of books registered 20 september 2020!

Go to Home > My profile > Click on the book under Recent Book Activity.
Or go to Home > My bookshelf > Click on the book.

Then you will be able to see the BCID, like shown on this screenshot: https://snipboard.io/ZJy34w.jpg

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.