How are we going to celebrate Bookcrossingday april 21st?

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Now wild releasing is more or less out of the question? Ideas?

We've made a day of it the last few years, driving through several towns hitting release spots in each one and eating out along the way.

I have no ideas sorry

Yeah, even under the best circumstances I doubt a road-trip will be in the cards. I have some of the new BC-day release supplies and hope to use them to register books for the occasion, but actual release opportunities may be limited to controlled releases and perhaps a couple of the local LFLs - if conditions in my area permit.

I expect I'll post book reviews with "happy BC day" info on social media; I don't do a lot of that, but it'd be a way to share the books virtually. And I can prepare a stash to release more broadly when it's safe to do so. And maybe offer to mail books to BCers in far-flung places (postage-budget permitting), to be enjoyed and then wild-released there when conditions allow...

Not that that's any different from any other day.

be creative!
So many special days and events will have to be transformed, if they are not to be called off altogether.
Celebrate with reading challenges?
Maybe the 24Hr readathon on the 18th of April is our celebration this year.

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/567229/
It happens on Sat 18th, which I will consider as part of the BC Day celebration.

While there is no BC con in Aus this year, I plan to open a bottle of Australian wine on Friday night. If someone has the know how and interest to get a virtual gathering going on... we can call it an opening night party to the BC Con weekend.

As for releasing books - I can't access LFLs located in parks as the parks are closed, and I don't know if stewardess of residential LFLs will like me dropping of books. Wild releases will be out as there are so few viable spots and people are unlike to pick up something without wearing a hazmat suit... But maybe I can mail some books for RABCK?

wingCamperfanwing 11 mos ago
I did this :
Popped a note for a free book in every letterbox at the appartment complex where I live.
Asking people if they would like a book and if so, write their name, appnr and what type of book they liked on it and put it in my letterbox. I will then bring the book to their doorstep.
So far I have had 4 reponses.

Great idea! I’m just not sure I could cater to all the potential answers. ^^’ I need to think about how to do this.

I’m just not sure I could cater to all the potential answers.

I was kind of disappointed , 5 out of 33, so I'm thinking of giving them 3 books each :-)

I’m just not sure I could cater to all the potential answers.

I was kind of disappointed , 4 out of 33, so I'm thinking of giving them 3 books each :-)

Sounds like a good idea. I’m sure they’ll be very pleased.

Still time for some more responses - I know here the postal services are less frequent so people might not check their letter box as often.
I might put up a note in the entry hall, still hesitating.

Note up. We’ll see what happens next.

Good luck. Enjoy :-)

Good luck. Enjoy :-)

So far nothing. Literally 0.

So far nothing. Literally 0.

That's too bad. I have 5 now so 15 books out of the house :-)

I’m still waiting to see whether someone just needs more time to drop a note. If not, it will be a wild release party some time soon. ;)

Someone has undone my note and I didn’t have any requests. Too bad, but as I enjoy wild releases, wild release party at the end of confinement it will be. :D

Someone has undone my note and I didn’t have any requests.

Bummer ;-(
I enjoy wild releases, wild release party at the end of confinement it will be. :D

They are the best I still think. That's were I get the most JE's from ;-)

My partner & I have carried on releasing books to Little Free Libraries. I do wipe them down well, while wearing gloves, before adding them. Still completely practicing social distancing. But I think this might be a nice way to celebrate this year?

P.S. I’m not sure how Bookcrossing Day is usually celebrated, so I do apologize if my answer is an absolute no fit. 🙂

I’m not sure how Bookcrossing Day is usually celebrated,

Well you can celebrate any way you like, we're just comparing ideas, to see what is still possible this year.

I may send a (disinfected) book or two that are on people's wishlists via the mail.

I was also thinking that many of the LFLs in our area have started serving as Little Free Pantries instead of/in addition to libraries, where people donate nonperishable food items they can spare for those who might not have enough. I will visit the few LFLs closest to me and leave (disinfected) books in those that remain open and some nonperishables as well. Might as well nourish bodies and minds where we can.

because I thought 21st is today :D Well, that happens when there's little need to keep an eye on the calendar these days... Was planning to release a couple of books on my way home from work, but I think I'll postpone that to the weekend now to find better spots.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.