The Kensington International Day of the Book Festival has been canceled.

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I'm posting this message here for those kind BookCrossers who in the past have sent me books to release at this festival. Sadly, it will not be held this year.
https://dayofthebook.com/

wingethereawing 11 mos ago
Sad!
So much work and planning goes into events that cannot be held!

wingSqueakyChuwing 11 mos ago
RE: Sad!
So much work and planning goes into events that cannot be held!

I know. It's for everyone's safety, though. That's the sacrifice we all have to make.

So sorry that it's been cancelled. If all goes well, could they reschedule it for the fall, perhaps?

So sorry that it's been cancelled. If all goes well, could they reschedule it for the fall, perhaps?

They will reschedule it for next year. It coincides with the International Day of the Book...which is also when there is the BookCrossing convention.

In the meantime, I learned yesterday that the Gaithersburg Book Festival, in May of this year, has also been canceled.

On a better note, my local BookCrossing meetup group is considering holding a web meeting in April. That would be okay but I so need to meet my friends in person one day (when it is safe) to give and receive hugs.

Hang in there. That day will come. {{{hugs}}}

Hang in there. That day will come. {{{hugs}}}

I just hope and pray everyone I know will be safe. The festival will return next year.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.