I'm going cycling in Wales this year. Is there any bookcrossing activity in Wales?

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Well, subject says everything I guess. :)

Sounds wonderful! I visited Wales briefly many years ago (a group of friends did a Mystery Weekend at a lovely little inn in St. Davids Head) and loved it, from the stunning views at the sea cliffs to the historic ruins of the cathedral to the tasty ale at the pubs.

According to the go-hunting pages there's some recent book-release activity, though not a lot. But when I expanded the view to show all the previously-used release locations I was tickled to see this one:

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/66555

Don't know if you're going to be near there, but it'd be a very cool release spot.

Sightly off topic, but have a look at the 52 books, in 52 weeks challenge.
There'll be some new or low volume release villages.

Sounds wonderful! I visited Wales briefly many years ago (a group of friends did a Mystery Weekend at a lovely little inn in St. Davids Head) and loved it, from the stunning views at the sea cliffs to the historic ruins of the cathedral to the tasty ale at the pubs.

I am going to cycle to St Davids and then walking to the head.
According to the go-hunting pages there's some recent book-release activity, though not a lot.

Yes. I do not know any active bookcrosser from Wales.
But when I expanded the view to show all the previously-used release locations I was tickled to see this one: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/66555
Don't know if you're going to be near there, but it'd be a very cool release spot.

There is one (1) member in that town, not active. It is not on my intinerary, I'm staying in the southern part of Wales.

Cassiopaeia (Cardiff) HerbertLooby (Cardiff) Nataliec7 (Barry) are all active Bookcrossers. If you are passing through Cardiff it is worth contacting them by PM.

Cassiopaeia (Cardiff) HerbertLooby (Cardiff) Nataliec7 (Barry) are all active Bookcrossers. If you are passing through Cardiff it is worth contacting them by PM.

Thank you!

Hi iiwi,

I'm in Cardiff. We have met at a Convention, maybe it was Melbourne if my memory serves me right. West Wales is beautiful I am sure you will love it there. If you private message me I'll give you my contact details.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.