TexasWren’s husband Johnnie has died.

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Johnnie left us Wednesday January 15. He had been very ill and suffering a long time.

Have you seen this thread?
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/565825

I just read it before I came back here to link to it.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with TexasWren at this very sad time.

I've sent Wren a message through a different medium, she must be devastated. I wish I could give her a hug.

My thoughts are with TexasWren and her family xx

For those who do not do the FB thing, perhaps best if you contact her privately, as she limited the advice to friends. I think she would consider most BookCrossers to be friends, but I also think she would like to know who is likely to come.

She also indicated that those with stories of Johnnie might like to share their memories or pass them along to be read out. It is a service in memoriam, and I think those who knew Johnnie would have treasured memories of him.

Wren may wish to have her spirits lifted to know that Johnnie brought some sunshine to others. I know that my own memories, particularly of a day spent with Johnnie, Wren, and Mojosmom on a trip to Larry McMurtry's amazing bookstore in Archer City TX, are pure gold.

Her loss is enormous, and memories a scant comfort. But comfort nonetheless.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.