Does anyone know how to register a book on here?

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Trying to register a book for releasing but there is no where on this site allows you to do this. When I put in the ISBN no I get the book cover and some details but no link to register and release. What has gone wrong with this site? Anyone logging on here would find it nigh impossible to understand the release process. Q and A make no sense either.

Click on Home, then Register Book from the drop down menu, complete the registration and then when the book is registered, you go to its page and click on Make Release Notes among the blue letter options below the BCID.
Or you can write down its BCID, go to Home, chose Release a Book from the drop down menu and take it from there.

Thank you!

When I first got on here, I had no idea where to go to do anything. It just wasn't obvious. You'd think that Registering a book would be under 'Books & People' and that the home page would be the page you land on when you first get in to Bookcrossing. What I used to have trouble with was when I was signed in and had gone to my profile page, I didn't know how to then get to the page to log in a book I'd caught. I learned by accident to click on the ballycumber and 'bookcrossing' logo to take me back to that front page in order to catch a book. But this was never clear and only came by clicking around on icons randomly.
I'm wondering if this is why so many people that join up don't go any further than logging in that book they found (once)?...

Trying to register a book for releasing but there is no where on this site allows you to do this.

I guess I'm a bit confused. You've registered 78 books, so you should be able to do more the same way. Has anything changed?

This site. Seems to be harder to go through the process of releasing a book.

Seems to be harder to go through the process of releasing a book.

The process has not changed in many years. What's different is that the site was made accessible for mobile devices, which means that mouse-overs do not work anymore; menus need to be clicked open now.
Apart from that, I can't really think of anything that's different in the register/release process.

Trying to register a book for releasing but there is no where on this site allows you to do this.

It looks like you've worked it out as I see on your bookshelf that, since posting this message, you've managed to register and release a book.

Well yeah...an hour later. Not an easy process the way this site is set up.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.