MyssCyn Has Passed Away

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I just received a call from MyssCyn’s husband and he said she passed away on Wednesday after a long illness. She was a long time member of this group and I am sure many of you will remember her from her participation in the RABCK forums. I was fortunate to have met with her a couple of times and we had a blast each and every time we got together. I will truly miss her!

How sad.
May she rest in peace.

How sad.
Yes...indeed. 😢I was just thinking of her this morning when I picked up and held a scarf from a package I have been trying to send to her. She loved scarves. We corresponded via RABCKs a few times and she surprised me with some very special address labels with my Bookcrossing Avatar on them one year. I used many of them when I participated in elizardbreath's Holiday Gift Giving last year, and I still have a few left that I will keep and always treasure. Thank you for letting us know, Shemchin. Many of us have been trying several different addresses in an effort to try and reach her for several months already.
May she rest in peace.
❤My heartfelt condolences to her family.❤

I'm very sad to hear of Myss Cyn's passing. She was a very kind and thoughtful person.

Oh no, I have very fond memory's now, she was always a very kind and caring bookcrosser, she will certainly be missed.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I knew that her illness had made her slow down her BookCrossing in recent years, but she was a bright light on this site for a long time, and will be missed. My sympathy to her family!

my condolences to her husband, family and friends.

Her screen name used to be very familiar around here - yet I've never frequented the RABCK forum where it seems she was most active.
RIP

That is sad news. She will be missed.

A familiar username around here and we were in touch a couple of times. She sent me some very nice self made book labels, stickers and address labels with my avatar printed on them a while ago. A generous person.

My condolences to her family and friends.

I'm so sorry. My condolences to her family and friends.

Although we never met in person, we became very good friends with frequent exchanges in the random acts of kindness forum. Sweet, sweet lady that will be missed.

will be missed by all. RIP

May she rest in peace.

Oh, such sad news. MyssCyn didn’t just share the books she had. She constantly bought new books to send out for the Wishlist Tag Game and other rabcks. Big heart. She liked teapots and umbrellas and I always thought of her when I saw cute ones. I still will in the future. Rest in peace, friend.

She fought so long and hard.
May she rest in peace now.
Deepest sympathy to her family and friends.

wingteachiewing 1 yr ago
Re MyssCyn
So sorry to see this. My condolences to her family.

RIP MyssCyn.
Condolences to her family.

God Bless this sweet lady.
RIP
We met in person once. I've met very few bookcrossers ever, but was very happy and willing to meet MyssCynn.
She were beyond generous and kind and just.... awesome.
Here's a fitting quote from her bookshelf:
Bookish Quotes
"When the Day of Judgment dawns and people, great and small, come marching in to receive their heavenly rewards, the Almighty will gaze upon the mere bookworms and say to Peter, 'Look, these need no reward. We have nothing to give them. They have loved reading.'"

- Virginia Woolf

Rip

A very generous and kind-hearted Bookcrosser, she will be missed. Condolences to her family.

It gave me comfort knowing that there were friendly, generous people like MyssCyn out in the world. She never failed to surprise, always in a good way. I hope her passing was peaceful.

So very sad to learn of the sad news. She will be missed, and the mark she left on so many Bookcrossers will last lifetimes.

She will be missed! I was one of many people she generously shared books and labels with over the years. I was just looking at her wishlist and thinking of offering her a book. Her book legacy lives on.

wingethereawing 1 yr ago
So sad!
She was a sweet lady and will be missed by all.

wingLadyIndigowing 1 yr ago
:(
it is with great sadness that we learn of her passing and also with some comfort that her pain and suffering has ended

mysscyn leaves behind a wonderfulllll legacy which shall live on in her book labels, books and the memories of her interactions with us all

(((((((((((mysscynfamily))))))))))

wingJackie700wing 1 yr ago
Sad news
MyssCyn was a wonderful person and a generous Bookcrosser.

RIP

Lovely, generous and thoughtful lady. Will be a big miss to all who knew her.

A lovely lady X x

Thank you so much for letting us know (and nice to see your name here, although I wish it was for a happier reason).

I was just thinking about her yesterday and wondering how she was. I know she had many health challenges but she was always a cheerful and generous presence here.

Her name will continue to turn up on the various threads, but she will be missed: if you speak to her family again, please let them know that there's a MyssCyn-sized hole in the BC community that no one else will be able to fill. :(

Well said!

She will be missed.

I know she had been ill for a long time, but was always a cheery "voice" here. She sent me some address labels a while back that I used happily. May she rest in peace.

MissCyn will be sorely missed. Love & sympathy to her family x

I had the opportunity to meet her once. We were both in State College Pa on the same day - what were the odds of that? I was dropping my daughter off for her freshman year at Penn State, and her daughter/son-in-law were both in grad school there with 2 kids. My daughter wound up babysitting her grandkids while Anne was in class.

Before the illness started sapping her strength (and her computer got too cranky), she was always making BCID labels for folks

That’s so sad. She was a very keen book crosser. Liked to help others and was keen for us all to get along with each other.RIP

I have received a couple of her generous surprice parcels over the years. She has brought joy to many and despite her serious illness was always very positive.
My condolences to her near and dear ones.

And wishes of strength to her family.

Very sad news. I was one of the lucky ones as she sent me several wish list books just out of the blue and a few envelopes of personal address labels. My condolences to her husband and family.

What sad news... I knew about her health and was wondering how she was doing. She was such a lovely person. Her labels and books travel all over the world.

My thoughts and prayers to her husband, family and friends. May she rest in peace.
She was a wonderful bookcrossing friend to my late husband and myself. I will miss her.

I had noticed that she was not as active as before. I have some lovely artwork that she sent me. It was a blessing to know her.

I enjoyed my interactions with MyssCyn, her friendliness spread around the globe.

So many bookcrossers here have been recipients of MyssCyn’s generosity. I didn’t know her, but have just read her profile - what a positive and optimistic path she chose despite her diagnosis, an inspiration to us all!
RIP MyssCyn.

So sorry to hear this news. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

She was generous with her RABCK's and sent me some years ago some great book labels.
Thank you for passing the message.

to her family and friends!

She was a lovely person and we'll miss her here.

As others have commented, MyssCyn was a lovely and generous BooKCrosser. And fun too. She was one of the first to welcome me to BC and was always happy to run off and send me book and mailing labels. We had a running commentary in our messages to each other about her plan to come to Canada in her convertible. She'd pick me up and we'd go off on a BookCrossing adventure, our neck scarves flapping in the wind. When she learned of my daughter in Ontario, she sent her a book and included her in the adventure too. We'd swing by Toronto, pick her up and head to Niagara Falls, she said. I always think of her when I head out on the road.
I think perhaps she is now waiting for us among the stars of the constellation, Auriga (the Charioteer). R.I.P. my friend.

I never met her in person but had many nicw "chats" on line, her labels were always well received. I new that she was ill and often wondered how she was getting on, my thoughts and good wishes are with her family and friends.

RIP.....

I think she lived much longer than even she expected, the last several years battling her illness. I think she felt that she had been given a reprieve.

Who will remind us of BC etiquette, now that Miss Cyn is gone??

I was so sorry to read this news - I am sure she had been an active member here for years and years...she will be missed!

I think Myss Cyn’s etiquette thread was the first I ever read when I was a newbie here 11 years ago. Very sad to hear of her death. Sending condolences to her family.

That is very sad. I had exchanged books and labels with her in the past. As part of her legacy, she certainly set free a lot of books into the world.

condolences to her family and friends.

I am very late to read this sad news. Myss Cyn made me labels many times. She was generous

I have had some bookcrossing contact with MyssCyn, and she made me some stickers.
Such a lovely generous lady...

So sorry to hear! RIP!

I just read this..... She sent me a book a few years ago. What a kind soul. I always enjoyed reading her posts.

Kind soul. Very sad.

I am so sorry to hear this. I came here to lost more sad news, in another thread.
My condolences to MyssCyn’s family. She was very kind and generous.

to post more sad news. Not lost.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.