Adopt A Station (UK centric)

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
West Midlands Railway are in the process of “adopt a station” where they are looking for people who are willing to adopt a local station.

One of the things they are looking at are having Bookshelves at each station.

I’ve suggested they check out bookcrossing as a way to engage the community, whilst having a bookshelf installed.

I personally have semi adopted the shelf at Telford, but I know there are other stations who will be looking to engage people over books.

Bookcrossers Assemble!

There are a number of new shelves in the underground in London. Blackhorse Road, Highbury and Islington have new ones.

And at train stations too! I've seen them at Blackheath, Lewisham and New Cross.

This would be a great way to engage with the public!

Posted elsewhere, sharing here...

As some of you know, but the peeps at the West Midlands Railway/ London Northwest are looking to have bookcases in many (if not all) of their stations over the next few years. Berkswell was the first of many.

They are having an event on the 3rd July in Liverpool and have invited local Bookcrossers to take part/Have a table etc.

Personally. I'm at work, so cant make it was just wondering if anyone else was free and willing to attend? The free tickets and more information can be found here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/---/community-rail-annual-conference-tickets-60697280199?...

Posted elsewhere, sharing here...

As some of you know, but the peeps at the West Midlands Railway/ London Northwest are looking to have bookcases in many (if not all) of their stations over the next few years. Berkswell was the first of many.

They are having an event on the 3rd July in Liverpool and have invited local Bookcrossers to take part/Have a table etc.

Personally. I'm at work, so cant make it was just wondering if anyone else was free and willing to attend? The free tickets and more information can be found here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/---/community-rail-annual-conference-tickets-60697280199?...

Has anyone booked on this yet? I'm mulling it over, if I can arrange a trip to visit relatives around that time I will see if I can get to this too.

Has anyone booked on this yet?

Did you look at the date ?

Nope : -$

Thanks for letting me know :-)

Only yesterday I noticed a book shelf at Cambridge North station with free books. I don't use trains that often, as I am retired, but this is my nearest station when I do and wondered if I should adopt this station? What do you think?

If you have enough books to keep it going and the stamina to check it regurlarly, why not?

If you decide it adopt it & need some books let me know 😊

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.