corner corner Kiva - Phishing mails

Forum | << Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Kiva - Phishing mails

I got one this morning...
I found this information on kiva.org

Apparently some users received mails from kiva@kivagifts.ml (NOT Kiva's offical email address!) claiming that their account needs to be closed, but can they please log in there (a link was provided) and update their info? This is a phishing mail that likely intends to obtain users' log-in data and therewith the credits that they may have sitting in their accounts. 

Do NOT click on the link in these mails and never provide your log-in details to anybody. Kiva is aware of the scam and working to get it stopped. In case of questions, please mail to contactus@kiva.org

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I got one this morning...
I found this information on kiva.org

Apparently some users received mails from kiva@kivagifts.ml (NOT Kiva's offical email address!) claiming that their account needs to be closed, but can they please log in there (a link was provided) and update their info? This is a phishing mail that likely intends to obtain users' log-in data and therewith the credits that they may have sitting in their accounts. 

Do NOT click on the link in these mails and never provide your log-in details to anybody. Kiva is aware of the scam and working to get it stopped. In case of questions, please mail to contactus@kiva.org
Profile Image
What does this have to do with Bookcrossing?

Are we now supposed to post every time there's a scam email out? If so, this forum is going to get very heavily trafficked!
Profile Image
What does this have to do with Bookcrossing?

Are we now supposed to post every time there's a scam email out? If so, this forum is going to get very heavily trafficked!

There is a group of bookcrossers on Kiva, 320 members.
Profile Image
Thanks for the warning!

I'm usually most paranoid about emails, especially those wanting me to log in via a link provided, but maybe they could have caught me off guard without this warning. ;)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.