The passing of MaryZee

Forum » Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
It is with great sadness that I tell you of the passing of my sister MaryZee. She has always had a passion for books. It is great to know that she made so many friends who had the same interest. She will truly be missed by many.

Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, P.O. Box 5216, Glen Allen, VA, 23058

Condolences.

Oh, AnneMarie61, I am so sorry. What a shock. MaryZee has sent me books for my OBCZ, and always was an interesting spark in whatever thread she was on. I've shared books with her, and appreciated her comments. I will be thinking of you, and her in the days ahead. My deepest sympathies.

I am very sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts.

to you and all your family. I always enjoyed reading her Forums posts.

wingbookczukwing 6 yrs ago
Oh my!
This truly saddens me. She will be missed greatly. She was so passionate (and so young!) and took such delight in her OBCZs. Is there somewhere we can make a donation in her memory?

Oh, I'm so, so sorry. She was a lovely person and I'm going to miss her.

Very sad news. MaryZee was a lovely person and a dedicated Bookcrosser. I'm glad I got to see her in June while I was in DC. What a loss.

I'm glad to have been able to call Mary a friend, and enjoyed her company when she join us here in the DC area for our bookcrossing events. Please accept by deepest sympathies.

my sympathy to you and your family.

When I was in the US on my 'World Trip', MaryZee was generous enough to collect me from my New Jersey host and give me a ride down to a BC in DC event at the Kensington Book Fair. We shared an enjoyable drive as well as a wonderful day with the BC in DC crew. She was kind, thoughtful, generous and an enthusiastic and passionate BookCrosser.

I am sure that she will be missed by many and I include myself in that number.

Please accept my deepest sympathy to you and all MaryZee's family and friends

LiniP 6 yrs ago
My condolences
I will include her and her family in my prayers tonight.

I have had fond interactions with MaryZee on bookcrossing. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

I'm stunned and so very sorry for your loss. Mary was such a beloved member of our local BookCrossing group. I loved talking with her at meetings and she was such an encouraging and supportive person... especially when thrusting amazing books in my direction with detailed, irresistable recommendations. She will be greatly missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all, AnnMarie61.

Oh, I am so very sorry. I will miss Mary so very much. She was a good friend, a great BookCrosser, and so much fun to be around.

a minute ago , and now she's in a better place. Unbelievable ... and so young
My condoleances.

My sympathy to Mary's family - I know she will be missed.

I can't believe that Mary is gone. She was the most avid Bookcrosser I've ever known. In addition, she was such a delightful and friendly member of our Bookcrossing family. My favorite Bookcrossing travels were always to her meet-ups in Westminster as she hosted BC in DC in her own neck of the woods. This is such a great loss for all those of us whose Mary's life has touched.

With great sorrow, I offer my deepest and heartfelt condolences to Mary's family - especially to you, AnneMarie61, her husband and her daughter.

Such sad news. I was so glad to finally meet MaryZee in person at this year's book festival in Gaithersburg. I had such a great time with her and the other BC-in-DCers that day. MaryZee was one of the first BCers I exchanged books with when I discovered BookCrossing. She will be fondly remembered and greatly missed.

My thoughts are with her family and friends.

I didn't know her well but like so many others, I had occasional interactions with her over the years. My thoughts are with you and all her family.

Condolences to all of her family.

My thoughts and prayers to you and to all her family and friends.

Mary was a great bookcrosser and wonderful friend to all that knew her. She will be missed. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

I'm not active much on BookCrossing these days, but saw this sad news posted on Facebook today. I'm so very sorry we have lost such a lovely person from the world and from this site, and my heart goes out to her family. Rest assured MaryZee made a positive impact on everyone she met. May her memory live on, and her books travel far and wide! XO

to you and your family at your loss. She will be missed greatly by all who knew her. May your memories of her comfort you now and in the future.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news! I've shared many books with MaryZee over the years, and was happy to see her at the DC convention. My deepest sympathies to you and yours...

I knew she had not been feeling well the last few days, but never dreamed it was something so serious. Mary is one of the nicest kindest most generous people I have met through BookCrossing (and that's saying something). She knew so many BCers and always had something good to say about everyone. With her fun book boxes and meet-ups at Birdie's, she was a great spark for the BCinDC family. I was just starting to get to know her better and was looking forward to so much more time in her company.

Please accept my deepest sympathies for the whole family! She will never be forgotten.

We all have stories of her kindness, wit, friendliness, and love of books. Like a book ray, her positive attitude traveled far and wide turning strangers into friends. We are better for having known her.

and in shock. She and I had such similar reading tastes, and she set up such wonderful book boxes. It was wonderful to meet her at the DC convention last year. Such a nice person.

My most sincere condolences to her family.

My condolences to you and your family.

My condolences to you, family and friends.

I am so sorry, Annemarie. She was a wonderful person and will be sorely missed.

Shocked & sad. My thoughts are with you & the rest of her family.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

How very sad to read of her passing. I've always thought a lot of MaryZee and really enjoyed getting her bookboxes as she always had such neat books to share. She will definitely be missed. I was just thinking of her last night and looking to see if she had another great box to join!

How sad. I remember her name from a lot of exchanges and such.

This is the link to join the RABCK Raffle: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/482745

Here's what it says:
In Memory of MaryZee RABCK offer (International, not a book, though ...)

When I heard of MaryZee's passing, I posted my sympathies, and wrote "I think I just sent her something." Well, actually, I hadn't YET sent it. It was still sitting in my car to be mailed. It was a thank you card for a book she sent me, and inside were a dozen BookCrossing Labels. In her honor, I will choose one of the BookCrossers who posts here and send the labels along to them. The random drawing will be on Friday 9-14-12 at noon (our time here on the east coast of the USA.) Open to all BookCrossers - International

I will miss this sweet woman.

sad and shocked. I just mailed her a book on Saturday.

already expressed here and my sadness as well. Although I didn't know her personally, I certainly knew of MaryZee's generosity. She had donated a beautiful book and matching canvas bag to be given as a door prize at the Bookcrossing convention here in Toronto several years ago. I was the lucky winner and when I sent her a private message to thank her, she replied, saying how happy she was that it had been won by a fellow cat lover. To this day, I use the sturdy bag as my book bag that I tote to and from school every day.
My thoughts are with all her family at this difficult time.

and numb with shock. Mary was such a great person and we will all miss her.
That sounds so empty.
I am SO sorry for your loss.
She was a great woman.

fathermurphy and I met MaryZee at the BCinDC convention. Where we enjoyed her company and her positive attitude. We will always remember her kindness. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I, like many others, thought very highly of Mary.

My condolences to her entire family.

She will be missed by many. Her legacy here on BC< will not be forgotten, through our memories and her very generous sharing of books around the globe.

PokPok

I am so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

RIP MaryZee

hafsah 6 yrs ago
*hugs*
Condolences to her family.

This is sad news indeed. I met her several times and she gave the best hugs! She and Shendoah showed me Gettysburg and came down to DC a few times just to see me. She, her enthusiasm and her generosity and especially her friendship will be missed.

Thanks, AnnMarie61, for letting us now. And I see now, scrolling along a long list of familiar names, that I am not alone in grief.

My condolences to you and your family. I met MaryZee once in the USA. I'm so sorry.

I've had multiple exchanges with her for individual books and boxes - she was always friendly and enthusiastic. My thoughts are with your family - you must be reeling from the shock, but please know that she had a strong positive impact here and will be missed by many.

trekwoman 6 yrs ago
Oh, no.
She was one of my favorite Bookcrossers. All-around wonderful person. I am truly sad for you and your entire family, and her friends.

My thoughts are with your family.

My condolences to the family! So sorry to hear this.

I don't think MaryZee and I ever corresponded or shared books, but I do recall seeing her name throughout the forums. Another sad loss for BC.

Annemarie, I am so sorry to hear the news. My sympathy goes to you and your family. It's a sad loss to the BC family as well. I love her book boxes and was so glad to have persuaded her to rekindle the books about things box when we met in DC. I was just saving up some books for the next round...
Just want to say she is a great person, caring and sharing, and many will miss her...

Peace to her family.

So sorry for your loss and condolences for all in the family. I met her when BC in DC would meet with the abxc group at The Book Thing in Baltimore & all go out to lunch at the Kosher Bite afterwards. Such a generous and enthusiastic soul.

Thoughts and Prayers for all of you.
Nancy

I met Mary only once at an event in DC, but we corresponded over book boxes, book rings, and such a number of times, and she was a kind and sweet person, lots of fun. The whole BC community here in the US will feel her loss.

She sent me my very first RABCK. I was so excited. She will be missed.

Heartfelt sympathy to your family. I only met MaryZee briefly at the BC in DC convention last year (my loss, from all the posts I see here about her).

I only knew MaryZee briefly when at the BCinDC but sat with her on the bus to one of the functions. What a lovely personality she had. So many loving thoughts and expressions here just make me sad that there is not more time to get to know her better.
My sincere sympathy to all her family and close friends, from one New Zealander who was touched by contact with her.

glade1 6 yrs ago
Oh, no....
I am so sorry to hear this. I never met MaryZee but have swapped books with her. I always felt she was a "sister reader," as I saw a lot of similarities in our bookshelves and wish lists. She'll be missed on BookCrossing, for sure. My sympathy to her family.

wingrahar109wing 6 yrs ago
So sorry
Have only just seen this. My sympathies to you and your family.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Mary at the BCinDC convention and have kept in touch through pm's and boxes/tag. She was a truly lovely person and I am sorry for your family's loss. It is always terrible when a family member passes away but know that you are in our thoughts and that Mary will be missed very much and we will think fondly of her.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I enjoyed greatly meeting her at the DC convention.

My condolences to you and your family, and to the DC bookcrossing community.

newk 6 yrs ago
so sad
Thanks so much for letting us know...via the BCinDC email
Best wishes to the family

PrettyPoodle 6 yrs ago
:(
My husband told me of the news last night:( I am so sad. She was such a kind person and I am so glad I had the chance to know her!

Shemchin 6 yrs ago
AnnMarie61
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family during this time. She will always remain with you in your memories of her.

She was a very popular person on bc and will be sadly missed. x

I really enjoyed meeting MaryZee at the BCinDC Convention and I'm so sorry that she is gone.

Oh, I am so sorry to see this news. As others have said, I was lucky to be a RABCK recipient and exchanger with your sister. I am sorry for your loss and feel enriched by my book connection with her.

It is with great sadness that I tell you of the passing of my sister MaryZee. She has always had a passion for books. It is great to know that she made so many friends who had the same interest. She will truly be missed by many.

Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, P.O. Box 5216, Glen Allen, VA, 23058

I am saddened to hear the news of MaryZee's passing. My condolences go out to her family.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I'll be thinking of her and her family.

pritzkit 6 yrs ago
Condolences
I just saw the BCinDC convention email about MaryZee. I am so sorry for your loss. The BC community has lost someone very special.

I am going to check my shelves for anything that ever passed through her hands, and if I have anything, you can be sure that it will be my next read.

I am going to check my shelves for anything that ever passed through her hands, and if I have anything, you can be sure that it will be my next read.

I like that idea. I think it would be great if all of us who have been touched by MaryZee in some way would look for any books of hers that we might still have and then prioritize them for reading, later raying them forward to other Bookcrossers.

wingjumpinginwing 6 yrs ago
I'm sorry
Keeping your family in my thoughts.

I just spotted the thread today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I can only hope that in remembering her, honoring her, and mourning her that you and all the family will find comfort.

I don't how I missed this post a month ago other than I haven't on a lot lately and just discovered news of it on another site I did have some book exchanges with Mary in the past. My heart goes out to all of her family. She was such a great contributer to BXing. She'll be sourly missed by all.

I picked up a book today at our book meet here in Canberra, Australia, that MaryZee registered in 2008. It had made its way across the world to here. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

wingkirjakkowing 6 yrs ago
So very sad
I had somehow managed not to see this thread, but got a JE of one of my ex-books, which spoke about MaryZee in passed tense, so I went to see her profile. We've lost two great ladies this year, MaryZee and Oppem. That is so sad.

I was looking last night for a book or two to submit as part of a virtual book box and came across one she had sent to me as a RABCK some years back. In her honor, it soon will be traveling to its next reader.

Just yesterday another bookcrosser (Erishkigal) contacted me to kindly propose a replacement bookray for a book (Maus!) that I'd reported stuck with a non-active bookcrosser. So I started to investigate the list and I saw that maryzee had initiated the bookray. Then of course I read on her page that she is no longer in this world. AnnMarie61 I'm terribly sorry to hear this sad news, and hope that you and your family are bearing up. Hopefully this bookray will travel again and I'm sure that maryzee would be happy about that.

Just found out about this sad news through a posting by melydia in the Carroll County Book Crossing group on Yahoo. MaryZee introduced me to BookCrossing via a table stocked with free books at the Random House Book Fair several years ago; I will be forever grateful to her because of that. My condolences to her family and friends. Her spirit and love of books will continue to live on through active BookCrossers everywhere and all her books that are still circulating the globe.

abbyaguas 6 yrs ago
Oh..
I just found this recently, and somehow her name rings a bell. Felt kinda sad bout that.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.