[DONE] New Zealand > Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay > Napier > napier post office

Forum » Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Please delete or hide this one because strange as it may seem, New Zealand doesn't have post offices anymore! The post shops have been closed down across the country, most of their services moving to 'Paper Plus' Stationery stores due to a splitting of business with Kiwibank. So this one needs to be deleted please.

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/242012

Please delete or hide this one because strange as it may seem, New Zealand doesn't have post offices anymore!

That’s not entirely true, a lot of them Post Offices have been absorbed into existing businesses (my closest one is part of a diary) however there are definitely stand alone ones in Wellington at least.

Please delete or hide this one because strange as it may seem, New Zealand doesn't have post offices anymore!

That’s not entirely true, a lot of them Post Offices have been absorbed into existing businesses (my closest one is part of a diary) however there are definitely stand alone ones in Wellington at least.

I was working at Paperplus when they took over the role of doing post sales in Napier. What a nightmare. You are correct - some are still running as stand-alones (we have one still going in Marewa), but NZ Post stand-alone stores have mostly gone and the services are now running out of bookstores etc like Paperplus. I was told by management that it was due to 'a divorce between NZ Post and Kiwibank'.

Christchurchs Post Shops have moved into the Christchuch Councils Service Desks. The bulk are in Council Libraries, but closed in weekends (Very government department!)
Paperplus & chemists, etc have counters, as well.

I'm really glad I'm no longer working at Paperplus but for an independent book store - when I left it just wasn't working (Apparently Napier were the guinea-pigs for the rest of the country). Less time spent on helping people into great books and more time in doing the post without proper training. Hopefully it is better now but I haven't been back in since, preferring to visit the stand-alone in Marewa, which just happens to be two doors away from where I work part-time now anyway.
OK - I guess we'd better leave this to zone cleaning now? I don't visit here often but I'm guessing that's what we should do ;D

wingkiwiinenglandwing 1 mo ago
Done

Just a note, if you have multiple requests within the same region, these can be done in 1 post.
For example, you could label your requests as the following and have them all listed in the 1 post:
New Zealand > Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay > Napier

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.