****A call to our RM Team Members - Are you still with us?****

Forum » Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

wingbookczukwing 5 mos ago
Still here
Just try to get rid of me. Ha!

Complete Thread
In addition to the email that has been sent out 12 September 2019, you can also leave your reply here.

I'm planning to address the issues raised for Maryland and Virginia over the last couple of days, but have been a bit busy with RW issues. I hope to get to them by the weekend.

A bit less active in the last couple of months but definitely still interested!

I'm still interested and around. I'm still happy to keep an eye on the cities around me.

Sorry I didn't see the earlier mail (at least, I don't recall it). I also thought I had already lost my access. Maybe I don't remember how to get in to fix things anymore. I'll have to go poke--I saw something I wanted to fix a bit ago and if I still can that'd be great.

I am still active and have replied to your email.

I'm still in; have replied to the email as well.

Hi, thanks for the email, I am glad to say I am still in :)

wingWyandowing 5 mos ago
YES
Replied the email with more details too. (again ;))

wingcrimson-tidewing 5 mos ago
YES
I'm active and have replied to the email.

winge-marmottewing 5 mos ago
YES
Also replied by mail with a copy of my November answer.

wingAzukiwing 5 mos ago
yes
sent a reply via email too.

I'm available for New Zealand, if noone else is.

I'm available for New Zealand, if noone else is.

Thank you for the offer.
We currently have a NZ representative on the Team who has responded back.
That said, you could very much help us by looking over Christchurch and reporting here anything that needs to be cleaned up.
Please include links and the zone names.

sumako 5 mos ago
Yes
Answered to email.

winga1phawing 5 mos ago
No
I would like to be removed from the RM team.
Thank you.

I could help with Hawke's Bay, New Zealand if that helps? I've noticed there are a lot of zone names that need cleaning up here.

My situation’s a bit complicated, as I’ve indicated in my two emails. I’ve moved from Finland to the UK (though we still visit Finland when we can - we’re there (here?) now, in fact!).

When I moved, I changed my username from Potok-fan to Potok-too (documented here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/519220 and on my profile page), so rights would presumably need transferring to my new account.

However, I also explained in my email that my work situation has also changed and I have a LOT less free time than I used to. I’m still very willing to help, and recognise the need (I noticed yesterday that there seem to be about five different “Turku” cities to choose from when releasing books here right now), but I have to admit that I don’t have masses of time to offer.

I am a region manager for Australia, along with crimson-tide.

I have not received any emails. Was it important?

If it's about continuing interest/activity, then yes, I do regularly look at Australian queries when time (and life commitments) allows.

I have not received any emails. Was it important?

Could you please send a message to Support via Contact Us in order for us to communicate with you on this?

wingbookczukwing 5 mos ago
Still here
Just try to get rid of me. Ha!

In addition to the email that has been sent out 12 September 2019, you can also leave your reply here.

31 replies in total - 11 of whom have opted out of the Team going forward
No response from 19

Looks like we have some recruiting to do to cover certain geographical areas!
Greece, Russia, Spain and Italy are probably most needed right now.

No response from 19

What part of Spain? I know the Valencian region though my Spanish isn't fluent I may be able to help a little.

No response from 19

What part of Spain? I know the Valencian region though my Spanish isn't fluent I may be able to help a little.

I have started reviewing Spain a few month ago, at a slow pace (mostly at city level, zones takes way too much time) and have been through the following provinces so far: Barcelona, Burgos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, A Coruna, Cadiz, Malaga, Alicante and have started Valencia (I am skipping Madrid for now, waiting either till I am done with all the other numerous provinces, or for some good soul to do it first).
FYI, I use the wikipedia lists of municipios by province and go through EVERY bookcrossing entry to either confirm or merge anything that is not a municipio under a relevant one or yet move wrong entries to their relevant province (list that I use for Valencia: https://es.wikipedia.org/---/Anexo:Municipios_de_la_provincia_de_Valencia ).

No response from 19

I have started reviewing Spain a few month ago, at a slow pace (mostly at city level, zones takes way too much time) and have been through the following provinces so far: Barcelona, Burgos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, A Coruna, Cadiz, Malaga, Alicante and have started Valencia (I am skipping Madrid for now, waiting either till I am done with all the other numerous provinces, or for some good soul to do it first).
FYI, I use the wikipedia lists of municipios by province and go through EVERY bookcrossing entry to either confirm or merge anything that is not a municipio under a relevant one or yet move wrong entries to their relevant province (list that I use for Valencia: https://es.wikipedia.org/---/Anexo:Municipios_de_la_provincia_de_Valencia ).

wow!!

No response from 19

Cripes! I was offering to remove duplicates etc but you have it covered :-D
I did consolidate a couple of duplicates in Castellon. Hope it helps.

What about that small but "extremely" active country named Belgium??? (I would even like to restrict it to the Dutch speaking part of it...) - it is in dire need of lots of TLC!!! And I'm itching to be able to do my bit...

What about that small but "extremely" active country named Belgium??? (I would even like to restrict it to the Dutch speaking part of it...) - it is in dire need of lots of TLC!!! And I'm itching to be able to do my bit...

I'm itching more and more... it almost hurts...

What about that small but "extremely" active country named Belgium??? (I would even like to restrict it to the Dutch speaking part of it...) - it is in dire need of lots of TLC!!! And I'm itching to be able to do my bit... I'm itching more and more... it almost hurts...

FYI, I am already monitoring all Belgian provinces at city level, and Walloon provinces at release zone level (when I notice an issue).

What about that small but "extremely" active country named Belgium??? (I would even like to restrict it to the Dutch speaking part of it...) - it is in dire need of lots of TLC!!! And I'm itching to be able to do my bit... I'm itching more and more... it almost hurts...

FYI, I am already monitoring all Belgian provinces at city level, and Walloon provinces at release zone level (when I notice an issue).

I really didn't mean to hurt you. I remember that in the past you sometimes changed something when I reported it. But it really is way too much to report. Cities in the wrong provinces, release places in the wrong suburbs and also in the right ones, release places that are listed three or four times under a different name ... but that is not all that 'noticeable' if you do not know the language and the surroundings very well.

Again, I definitely don't want to minimize your work, and it certainly wasn't meant to be personal.

Four months ago, there was an appeal on the Dutch speaking forum, whereupon I asked for information and told I would like "to do my bit". I received a message that I would hear something soon, and that is why I asked about it here. As a pensioner I could give BC quite some time and energy, but I would certainly not want to offend you. Sorry if I unwillingly gave you that idea.

I really didn't mean to hurt you.

I don't feel hurt, no hard feelings!!! :oP
My comment was dry because I lack time, so I go straight to the "informative" point.

(...) it really is way too much to report. Cities in the wrong provinces

There shouldn't be that many, because the "original" Dutch cleaners and myself did look that rather closely. But please mention them here, or have yourself recruited (I don't have these powers!) ;o)
Please note that subdivisions of cities are, at least in the Walloon provinces, ranked under their mother city and don't have their own entry.

Maybe Moem or some other Dutch-speaking RM member will intervene and give you a better answer as for the Flemish region in particular.

I'm not a cleanup team member but if this involves what it sounds like (tidying up extinct/duplicate Release Zones listed on the site), and if you don't already have someone for Calgary Alberta Canada, I would certainly be willing to hear more about it.

I assume US and Canada are still oversaturated with people who handle cleanup, but if there's any assistance needed here I'm more than happy to help! I had offered a while back and think I was put on some form of waitlist/backup list. :)

wingerpaxwing 4 mos ago
Yes
I have not read my e-mails, or been active recently, but still continuing...

jare 4 mos ago
I replied
I did reply to the email and have now fixed the issue that had the previous ones going to spam folder! Still on board to pitch in when I can!

I replied the e-mail, but I still can't see pending countries (or I mistake).

I don't know if anyone in India is on the RM team, but I do notice that BC in India never took off as it did at some places. I volunteer to be of any help.

I volunteer to be of any help.

That's very kind! However, you should really have some BookCrossing experience under your belt first. This site has a lot of quirks, and volunteers need to be familiar with all the nooks and crannies.

RM Members we are yet to hear back from on email - if you see your name here, please check your spam folder:

pulcherrima - Denmark
Naamakarhut - Finland
erpax - Finland
kulmalukko - Finland
salvami - Ireland
last-unicorn - Italy
Boekentrol - Netherlands
Joanazinha - Netherlands
BountifulPots - USA
O-Jenny - USA
quietorchid - USA
solittletime - USA
tracyshannon - USA
HomerLibrary - Russia

wingDi_Kwing 2 days ago
Wow
Pages 40-63 of this forum were put to front when not finished by RM Team. And I noticed today pages 4-20 are all done or fixed.

So only 20 pages left to check, wow.

On page 21 a lot of messages seem to be done, but are not marked. Seems a waste to bump them just to close them of, and I cannot change the titles myself. So I left them there.

To see all the work that has been done looks really impressive!

Pages 40-63 of this forum were put to front when not finished by RM Team. And I noticed today pages 4-20 are all done or fixed.

So only 20 pages left to check, wow.

On page 21 a lot of messages seem to be done, but are not marked. Seems a waste to bump them just to close them of, and I cannot change the titles myself. So I left them there.

To see all the work that has been done looks really impressive!

Pages 21-24 were majority not marked as [Done] despite a Region Clean Up Team Member commenting that they had indeed been [Done]...what happened 3 years ago?!!
The large amount were easy to just add [Done] to, but there were some question marks against a number for Spain, Russia and Germany largely, so these have been bumped.

Di_K this forum exists for members such as yourself to work on threads...it is very much a "working forum" so do not be afraid to bump threads.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.