(done) USA > Florida > Fort Myers

Forum » Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I just noticed these 2 zones, at the top of the Fort Myers list:

~~ The Faith Center
~♥~ The Faith Center

Also, it seems that someone has consolidated Fort Myers, North Fort Myers, & Fort Myers Beach. They're actually 3 different towns.

Thanks!

I've consolidated those two and edited to read The Faith Centre.

I can see all three of Fort Myers, North Fort Myers, & Fort Myers Beach and they all have crossing zones attached. So don't think there is a problem there. Perhaps you were looking at a list that only included recent "active" releases?

I've consolidated those two and edited to read The Faith Centre.

I can see all three of Fort Myers, North Fort Myers, & Fort Myers Beach and they all have crossing zones attached. So don't think there is a problem there. Perhaps you were looking at a list that only included recent "active" releases?

Yes, I see them, too, now. What confuses me is that I also see zones that were once listed under the correct towns, now all under Fort Myers. I've fixed my own zones, but there are a lot of others.

Yes, I see them, too, now. What confuses me is that I also see zones that were once listed under the correct towns, now all under Fort Myers. I've fixed my own zones, but there are a lot of others.

If you'd like to give me a list of which zones do not belong under Fort Myers, and where they do belong, I'll move them and then consolidate any resulting duplicates.

If you'd like to give me a list of which zones do not belong under Fort Myers, and where they do belong, I'll move them and then consolidate any resulting duplicates.

Thank you! I had a list at one point, let's see if I can find it. If not, I'll put another one together.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3677?...

Under Fort Myers:

AutoNation Toyota Fort Myers (actual)
Toyota (should be merged)

Cypress Lake Middle School 
CYPRESS LAKE MIDDLE SCHOOL (CLMS) (should be merged)

Publix Grocery Store
Publix Supermarket (actual) (should be merged)

Publix Supermarket on Gladioulos (spelled Gladiolus)

Rest Park at I-75 near "SWFloridaRAirport" (just spelled wrong, either RSW or Southwest Florida International Airport)

San Carlos Blvd and Gladioulus~Walgreens (probably Walgreens should be listed first & Gladiolus is spelled wrong)

Also, at the bottom of the list, Walgreens... & Wachovia Bank don't seem to be clickable links anymore)

Somewhere 
-- Wild, somewhere in Fort Myers (these should probably be merged)

Sun Country Orange Juice near Cypress and Daniels,
Sun Harvest (actual name)

Faith Fellowship World Outreach (South Pointe) 
The Faith Center (actual name now, should probably be merged)

HealthPark Medical Center (actual name for this hospital)
Health Park Hospital 
Lounge at Health Park Hospital

Iguania Mia (spelled wrong) (Iguana Mia)

Paige field post office (actually Page Field post office)

North Fort Myers:
Kmart in North Fort Myers 
Shell Factory and Nature Center 

Estero:
Koreshan State Park Camping Area

Fort Myers Beach:
Diamondhead Beach Resort 
Estero Beach and Tennis Club 
Estero Island Beach Club lobby
Handy Mart,2211 Estero Blvd 
Lover's Key State Park, Estero Blvd.
Mid-Island Laundromat - on bookcase 
Munch Box Cafe
Outrigger Hotel (actually Outrigger Beach Resort)
Outrigger Resort (same)
Pink Shell Beach Resort and Spa, 275 Estero Blvd.
Primrose Court Somewhere  (Primrose Court)
Resident book exchange in Island Winds Condo (should be Island Winds Condo, Resident book exchange)
Salty Sams Marina-on the table in the laundry room
Tropical Sands resort

I appreciate your help with this. I know it's a lot. I'd do it, if I could!

Thanks for the list. I'll start work on them later today and let you know when done, or come back with any queries.

OK, I think they're all done now.
Let me know if I've missed any or if there are any more.

Also, at the bottom of the list, Walgreens... & Wachovia Bank don't seem to be clickable links anymore)

This is a really interesting and tricky one, and one I haven't come across before. The links reappeared after refreshing the page (sometimes needed a couple of refreshes) but then later they disappeared again. Eventually I came to the conclusion that it is something to do with the length of the lists and the position on the page. However the listings that were unclickable links were a bit fluid, but they were always the ones at the bottom of the second column. Don't ask me why?!?

Wachovia Bank has been removed as it doesn't exist as such anymore, and had no books listed anyway. Walgreens... has had the actual address added (present in a journal entry), and all the @ have been removed from listings (including Walgreens) as they may (not sure) stuff things up? Anyway, they are not needed.

Then I tidied up some of the other entries (mainly the addresses of such) in order to get them onto one line instead of two. This then shortened the length of the second column listing list, until eventually all the listings at the bottom were functioning as links.

Please let me know if any of this has caused a problem in any way. It will also be interesting to know what will happen in the future when new zones are added, and whether it makes the problem reoccur. Maybe you could monitor this?

I'd do it, if I could!

If you are interested, you can volunteer to be a Region Manager by sending a message to "contact us".

OK, I think they're all done now.
Let me know if I've missed any or if there are any more.

Actually, I just spotted these last night:

At Bay Oaks on Picnic Table, by the Baseball field 
Bay Oaks (should be merged)

Campus, Edison College (this should probably just be Edison College)

Wachovia Bank has been removed as it doesn't exist as such anymore, and had no books listed anyway. Walgreens... has had the actual address added (present in a journal entry)

Wachovia has become Wells Fargo Bank now. But I'm surprised there was no book listed, as I left a book there once, a few years ago, that has never been caught.

Oh, and Walgreens has about a million locations. That one journal entry was probably just one location of the many. I'd leave the address blank on that one.

Then I tidied up some of the other entries (mainly the addresses of such) in order to get them onto one line instead of two. This then shortened the length of the second column listing list, until eventually all the listings at the bottom were functioning as links.

Thank you!

Please let me know if any of this has caused a problem in any way. It will also be interesting to know what will happen in the future when new zones are added, and whether it makes the problem reoccur. Maybe you could monitor this?

I'll be happy to monitor that weird problem. I had no idea there was a limit to the number of zones a state could have.

I'd do it, if I could!

If you are interested, you can volunteer to be a Region Manager by sending a message to "contact us".

Actually, I applied ages ago (a year, or more), but never heard back.

Thanks, crimson-tide, for doing all this!

Actually, I just spotted these last night

Done

Oh, and Walgreens has about a million locations. That one journal entry was probably just one location of the many. I'd leave the address blank on that one.

There were actually only two books listed. I have gone back to leaving the address blank as you requested, but you may end up with books released at different locations all under the same entry. Hopefully people will specify in the journal entry where it is, otherwise it makes the "Go Hunting" feature pretty useless!

I'll be happy to monitor that weird problem. I had no idea there was a limit to the number of zones a state could have.

I'm not aware there is a limit - I've seen other Cities with lists just as long. Maybe it's just a weird thing on this page? Coding can do that sometimes.

I did add a new dummy zone a while ago and it made the link on the last zone disappear. Weird is right! Then deleted it and all good again. ;-)

Actually, I applied ages ago (a year, or more), but never heard back.

Maybe try again?

Thanks, crimson-tide, for doing all this!

My pleasure.

Thanks again, crimson-tide.

Before I post this weird bug in the bugs forum, did you happen to mention it to the powers that be already? :-)

Before I post this weird bug in the bugs forum, did you happen to mention it to the powers that be already? :-)

No, I haven't as yet.

If the bug you talk about, is the fact that sometimes the last name on the list is not clickable, support knows about it and it has been forwarded to the persons in charge of the coding ..

If the bug you talk about, is the fact that sometimes the last name on the list is not clickable, support knows about it and it has been forwarded to the persons in charge of the coding ..

Thank you!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.