Oslo: Meet-up 3.9. at Kjøkken og Kaffe!

Forum » Scandinavian - Skandinavisk | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
First of all, sorry for writing in English, but my fingers just go faster...

I'm taking a short holiday in Oslo, and it'd be great to have a meet-up, if you locals have time for one! I have absolutely nothing planned for 3.9. and 4.9., so either one of those days would be fine, any time, any place! I'm staying right in the heart of the city, but if a suitable meet-up place can be reached by public transportation, that's absolutely fine.

Whether we have a meet-up or not, if anyone has books for Finnish crossers, I can take some with me, as I won't be flying :) Slow travelling to see more sights!

Count me in!

:-)

Leisha, how great you're still around too! Are you still a chocolate fan?

Leisha, how great you're still around too! Are you still a chocolate fan?

ALWAYS

I will join if the meet-up is 3.9 (any time after 16:00).

I will join if the meet-up is 3.9 (any time after 16:00).

Either day is fine by me, which ever suits the most of you best!
I got a book for MLA, hopefully someone can take it if she's not able to join us?

I got a book for MLA, hopefully someone can take it if she's not able to join us?

If MLA is not able to join us, I can take the book and give it to her.

I suggest that we have the meetup 3.9 at 17.00 hours at our usual meetup place, "Kjøkken og Kaffe", Oslo Central Station. OK?

I suggest that we have the meetup 3.9 at 17.00 hours at our usual meetup place, "Kjøkken og Kaffe", Oslo Central Station. OK?

This sounds fine by me (I'll be on holiday), but what do other Oslo crossers say? Will you be able to make it?

I will be there.

This sounds fine by me (I'll be on holiday), but what do other Oslo crossers say? Will you be able to make it?

I'll be there! :-)

Absolutely wonderful to see you all soon!

Don't forget to bring along your books in need of a lift to Finland, we have a great BC courier thing going on in the country, as we hate the ever rising postage...

Good with me!

I was travelling during the summer meet-ups but I will join again this time :-)

I was travelling during the summer meet-ups but I will join again this time :-)

Hurrah!

wingpippiswing 1 mo ago
Any tips?
Dear Oslo natives, would you happen to have any tips on where to get the best deal on Samsonite luggage in town? Apparently Oslo's not cheap but neither's Turku either, so if the price is approximately the same as at home, I'll do some shopping and save myself a little trouble dragging a piece without a proper handle back.... 😒

Dear Oslo natives, would you happen to have any tips on where to get the best deal on Samsonite luggage in town? Apparently Oslo's not cheap but neither's Turku either, so if the price is approximately the same as at home, I'll do some shopping and save myself a little trouble dragging a piece without a proper handle back.... 😒

I'm not sure about the prices but there are several stores that carry Samsonite ... there is one in the mall Oslo City, and I think Bag-o-rama at Byporten has that brand. Also a store across the street from the cathedral, but I don't remember what it's called ... :-)

I'm not sure about the prices but there are several stores that carry Samsonite ... there is one in the mall Oslo City, and I think Bag-o-rama at Byporten has that brand. Also a store across the street from the cathedral, but I don't remember what it's called ... :-)

Thank you, I'll pop into stores after some sightseeing today!

I will not be bringing books to the meet up. The reason being that I am going to a funeral before we meet and I don't feel like lugging books along. However, I am coming to Oslo S by an early train and I will leave some books on the shelf at Oslo Visitor Center. So have a look at Go Hunting tomorrow morning if you think you want to pick up a book or two.

I will not be bringing books to the meet up. The reason being that I am going to a funeral before we meet and I don't feel like lugging books along. However, I am coming to Oslo S by an early train and I will leave some books on the shelf at Oslo Visitor Center. So have a look at Go Hunting tomorrow morning if you think you want to pick up a book or two.

I'll see if I'll manage to squeeze in some time to register some books before I leave my office today.

I'm at one of the corner tables by the walkway. :-)

Smashing meet up this evening. Thank you all!
pippis - enjoy the rest of your holiday.

wingpippiswing 1 mo ago
THANK YOU!
What a great night! Thank you everyone, the pleasure was all mine! Got new ideas, found great treats from the shop (would never have found it) and have a great plan for tomorrow :D The viking treasure just became a must-see! Trust me, I'm enjoying Oslo ❤️ Will definitely return and do more of Norway, preferably everything...

It was lovely to see you again!

What a great night! Thank you everyone, the pleasure was all mine! Got new ideas, found great treats from the shop (would never have found it) and have a great plan for tomorrow :D The viking treasure just became a must-see! Trust me, I'm enjoying Oslo ❤️ Will definitely return and do more of Norway, preferably everything...

It was so nice to see you again in Oslo, and such an interesting discussion we had about Tampere 2021 ... !! :-) I'm already looking forward to it. But hope to see you in Oslo before then! :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.