[Done Nov 2018] WEBSITE UPDATE

Forum » Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I wish Book Crossing would update their website. I mean, Book Crossing is super cool and fun, but their website really needs an update. First of all, the color scheme needs to change. Try using bright colors that would provoke a feeling of interest in a viewer. Also try making the website more modern. Use colorful outlines, round-edged boxes, exhilarating fonts, and more cool stuff like that.

-PantherSpeed56

The site certainly could use some work, but I'd hate to see it all cluttered up with "exhilarating fonts" and lots of color. {shudder...}

That said, there are so many more important things that need work right now that discussions of style are moot. But if there was a push to redesign the site into gaudy/neon/eyecatching form, I really, really hope there'd be options for viewing style. If this site looked like, oh, Facebook, I doubt I'd still be here.

If enough resources ever become available for a style revamp, perhaps it could involve a choice of "skins", so those who love the wacky fonts and colors could have them, without forcing them on the rest of us...

But if there was a push to redesign the site into gaudy/neon/eyecatching form, I really, really hope there'd be options for viewing style. If this site looked like, oh, Facebook, I doubt I'd still be here.

I agree

The site certainly could use some work, but I'd hate to see it all cluttered up with "exhilarating fonts" and lots of color. {shudder...}

Agree!

I wish Book Crossing would update their website. I mean, Book Crossing is super cool and fun, but their website really needs an update. First of all, the color scheme needs to change. Try using bright colors that would provoke a feeling of interest in a viewer. Also try making the website more modern. Use colorful outlines, round-edged boxes, exhilarating fonts, and more cool stuff like that.
-PantherSpeed56

Your wish has been granted!
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/556910

Sorry, I can’t see an “edit” option.

This site has not been “updated”, it’s been downgraded. N

It's the button that looks like a little pencil.

This site has not been “updated”, it’s been downgraded. N

The "edit" is now the small square with the pen in it, on the bottom of the posts.
Next to it to the left is " for the reply with quote, the arrow left from that one is to just reply to a message. It's a bit hard to start, but I hope we'll get used to it

mojosmom 3 mos ago
Okay, that’s odd. I have this sorted “Flat - Latest first”, yet my second post appears below my first. Should be the other way around.

wingbcsupportteamwing 2 mos ago
RE: .
Okay, that’s odd. I have this sorted “Flat - Latest first”, yet my second post appears below my first. Should be the other way around.

You need to click 'parent thread" from the banner at the top

mojosmom 2 mos ago
RE: RE: .

You need to click 'parent thread" from the banner at the top

Banner? All I see at the top of the page is:
"Home Books & People Community Information Store"

Nothing about a parent thread. (And, honestly, how would clicking "parent thread" change the position of the posts? I though that was to get you *to* the parent thread, not *move* things.)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.