Avoid excessive release zone cluttering

Forum » Feature Requests | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Set some control and limitation on new zone. Many zone (in medium and large cities) has been set up randomly, duplicated or just non-sense.

I suggest to accept new zone based on the existence of place on google maps (or other well-knows map service) and the automatic deletion of zones with no book in it, or inactive for more than 1 year

I like the idea of deleting zones with no activity or books in them.

You do realize that any books that are caught and journaled will not appear in the release zones listings - but their release notes still link back to those zones. If you delete the apparently-empty zones, it may leave a whole bunch of released-and-caught books with no-longer-valid links. And it's always possible that an existing zone, even if empty, will encourage someone else to leave a book there.

The region managers do try to consolidate duplicate zones, which (I hope) preserves the links. But assuming that because a zone has no books listed now means that it has never been used is not valid; it could have had a very recent release that just happened to be caught right away.

You do realize that any books that are caught and journaled will not appear in the release zones listings - but their release notes still link back to those zones. If you delete the apparently-empty zones, it may leave a whole bunch of released-and-caught books with no-longer-valid links. And it's always possible that an existing zone, even if empty, will encourage someone else to leave a book there.

The region managers do try to consolidate duplicate zones, which (I hope) preserves the links. But assuming that because a zone has no books listed now means that it has never been used is not valid; it could have had a very recent release that just happened to be caught right away.

Agreed. I have gone back sometimes and released in release zones I haven't been to in a long time. As long as the spot still exists I don't know why it should be deleted. It's the history of where books have been released in the past. And I use those listings of places where others have released when I am in a town I don't know. I pull up the "view all" listing to see where books have been released, OBCZs, LFLs etc in the area.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.