Seems to be a nice way of providing development hours, in stead of money to the cause of bookcrossing.com for people who can.
Personally I'm very curious:
What kind of problems did the first designteam find? What is the progress?
Maybe someone on the forum can give new input.
I love to look in the feature request forum and see support is handling some issues on the website and make progress. I think it is a shame I can't even tell if someone is trying to make progress in the area of phone app development.
There were a few different requests, what are the plans for these different requests?
1. An app for catching and releasing (and registrering?) on location.
2. An app for finding Wild released books on location.
An other list I copy-pasted from above:
1) Access to my shelf and wishlist.
2) Ability to register, release and journal on the go.
3) Access to forums (I can't easily do this on my Android)
4) Locating bc members near me (might be nice in bookstores)
5) Uploading photos (no offense, just not a feature I currently use.)
6) Viewing other people's wishlists
7) Bar code scanner