BC24HrReadathon is coming - a social media platform discussion - BookCrossing's 24hour Readathon

Forum » Fun and Games | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
** Read a page, a chapter, a book, or several.....but please do join us! **
As mentioned in the Community Bulletin Board forum several months ago, the first BookCrossing 24 hour Readathon will be held on Sunday April 14th, 2019!
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/551883

Given the vast spread of BookCrossers around the world, the aim is that from 12:01am - 11:59pm Pacific Time Zone (PDT), there will be a BookCrosser somewhere in the world who is reading a book as part of this Readathon!

Whether it is through a group get together / BC meetup, in the comfort of your own home or at an OBCZ enjoying a coffee, this will be a great opportunity to knock some books off your Mt TBR.

What we want to know is:
1) are you participating?
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you?
3) Do you intend to take part only in the forum and perhaps use a platform like Imgur to share photos?
4) Where in the world are you?

There's some super handy links on our profile page, including one to find out what the time will be where you are when the Readathon starts.

- Note: all BC24HrReadathon related posts will be posted in the Fun and Games forum. If that is a forum you have hidden using your Wings option to filter your topic list, make sure you add it back in.

YES!!!!
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you?
I'll be using Twitter as well as positing in the BookCrossing forums. I'm JoFiz on Twitter.
3) Do you intend to take part only in the forum and perhaps use a platform like Imgur to share photos?
Both, and I'll share photos on Twitter
I am in Boise, Idaho, USA

Yes, I'm even taking annual leave on Monday so I can try follow by original timezone
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon
I will be posting on Twitter @alkalinekiwi and Instagram @alkalinekiwireads
I'll probably take part on the forums but photos will be on the above social media
Auckland, New Zealand

Readathon day is the last day of my vacation, so I’ll spend my day as follows: waiting for a subway, then riding the subway, then waiting for a plane, then flying in the plane, then waiting for a bus, then riding the bus. (Most people hate this, but I always love travel days because they give me SO much time to read!)

I’ll start reading around noon Eastern time, and I’ll be reading almost continuously from then until 18:15 Mountain time. That works out to 09:00 until 17:15 Pacific time.

For me, the reading will be the easy part. I want BookCrossing to survive, so in the interest of helping to promote the site, I am going to overcome my usual reticence and do the sharing part too. I just took the time to do an Internet search to educate myself about what hashtags are and what they do, and I promise to give them a try for the readathon. (I am on Facebook but have never used nor understood hashtags. See how y’all are dragging me into the 21st century with your newfangled hastaggery?)

So:
(1) yes, I will participate
(2) I will use the hashtag on Facebook; my username is Heather Wrigley
(3) I don’t have any idea what this means
(4) I will start the day in Manhattan NY USA and finish in my home- Calgary Alberta Canada (reading all the way!)

thingamabrarian 3 mos ago
yay!
1) Yup!
2) Instagram - find me @thingamabrarian
3) I probably won't use the forum, just IG.
4) Los Altos, California

wingInge1990wing 3 mos ago
yay
I will not be joining much, as it will partly be on a working day and I will be having friends over on sunday but I will join! (in the Netherlands it will be from 14th april 9.01 am to 15th april 8.59 am)

YEAH!

instagram it will be! @leeskipje

nope, mostly instagram

4) Where in the world are you
The Netherlands!

Moriquen 3 mos ago
I'm in!
What we want to know is:
1) Are you participating? Yep!

2) Will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? I will be posting under the instagram- and facebookpage of my little free library (Abelebib - Boekenruilkast) through which I do a fair amount of bookcrossing promotion. And on my personal accounts as well.

3) Do you intend to take part only in the forum and perhaps use a platform like Imgur to share photos? See above!

4) Where in the world are you? I will be in the Netherlands during the duration of the readathon, but I'm from Belgium.

I'm in!
It starts at 8am here in the UK so I'll be involved for the first half at least.

Yes!
Nope, I don't use any of these.
Only in the forum, although I may post in the Goodreads group too https://www.goodreads.com/---/40-bookcrossers
UK

What we want to know is:
Yes!
Sorry, No
Nope.
Palmer Township, Minnesota, USA!!!

What we want to know is:
ABsoLUTEly...seems like I've been WAITing for this "BC Holiday" forEVer already!!! 🙂
No, other than this Bookcrossing Website, I don't really participate in Social Media because...I'd RAther be READING and RELEASING!!! 📚
Strictly the Bookcrossing Forums, with some releasing of the books I start/finish reading before the Readathon ends, that I'll Post in some of the April Release Forum Challenges https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/23 , where I have started a ONE DAY release challenge to correspond with the Readathon!!! 📚 https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/560153

Side Note: After receiving my Supply Store Order with the Special Booklabels created and made available last year (approx. 21-day delivery), I've been enJOYing sharing them with others in RABCKs (Random Acts of Bookcrossing Kindness), etc. I'm planning to use some of them in the books I release after I read them, & before the Readathon ends at 11:59pm Pacific Time Zone (PDT). You may want to order yours now to have ready for next year!!! 😉 https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/747981d3-b07b-4410-8e74-b69c60815136
Mesa, Arizona, USA...and since I am a NIGHT OWL, I'll begin reading at 12:01am Pacific Time Zone (PDT)!!! 🦉

📚 HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!! 📚

What we want to know is:

Yes, although I was planning an culling the fora I am in, and now I am in this one too.

I will use Facebook.

We will see.

In the Netherlands!

1. Yes, I am taking part
2. I don’t use social media so will only be using this forum.
3. I am in the UK

1. Yes
2. Not sure yet, although I do have Facebook and Instagram
3. I will post in BX
4. Canberra, Australia

Also, it starts at 5pm Sunday in Oz which makes it difficult to participate 🤔

I am! I love a good readathon. (I just finished Dewey's last weekend and I'm really glad to have another 24 hour readathon in April. I always get my best reading done during a readathon.)

I'll be posting primarily via Twitter and Instagram. @ErraticElle on both platforms.

I'll be mostly using the other social media platforms, though I will be popping into the forum here and there.

Northern Minnesota

wingAzukiwing 3 mos ago
I'm in!!
1, Yes!
2, Instagram azukibc Usually I enjoy checking on twitter and instagram to see how everybody is doing and give some cheering
3. I am in Florida. The readathon will start at 3am my time. I work from 6am, so I will start reading when I get off in the afternoon.

1) Yess, I'm participating but I'm really busy this sunday...
2) Especially Instagram (maria.vanewijk) , maybe FB
3) No, I'm not familiar with Imgur
4) I am in the Netherlands (Utrecht)

1)so I am participating
2)I'll probably post on FB either on the BookCrossing Page of the BC24HrReadathon page
3)I won't be sharing photos
4)I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

BTW how come this Readathon is posted in Fun & Games and not Book Talk, which is where most of the reading challenges and reading discussion take place? I have been checking forum for news of this readathon and i won't have known to look in here if I didn't get a twitter about it!

I don't want to step on the organizer's toes but maybe if we can at least post something over in Book Talk? And also in various language forums as well? Readathon is more fun is it's not read-a-lone!

I posted it in the dutch forum

BTW how come this Readathon is posted in Fun & Games and not Book Talk, which is where most of the reading challenges and reading discussion take place? I have been checking forum for news of this readathon and i won't have known to look in here if I didn't get a twitter about it!

I don't want to step on the organizer's toes but maybe if we can at least post something over in Book Talk? And also in various language forums as well? Readathon is more fun is it's not read-a-lone!

The Fun and Games forum: "Looking to have some fun with your BC friends? This is the place to post games, quizzes, polls, trivia, memes, and any internet oddities you'd like to share."

The Book Talk forum: "Discuss your favorite books and authors here. What are you currently reading? What do you want to be reading?"

It's more suited in the Fun & Games forum when you read the description of what those 2 forums are designed for.

Krissa33 3 mos ago
Count me in
1) Yes, I'll participate
2) I think that I post on Facebook only, I only have my phone actually. On Facebook I am Kristin Discher
3) I'll share some photos on my fb-page Kristin Discher
4) Actually I am in Huelva, Spain

Happy reading everyone

Arvores 3 mos ago
Yes! :-)
Sure! :-)

Nope, I don't use social media.

In the forum. I also don't use Imgur.

Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, on a small island called Porto Santo (Portuguese time - starting at 8.01 am Sunday, till 7.59 am on Monday)

Happy readings everyone :-)

Announced so many months ago, soon it's starting, great!

1) Yes, I' ll participate
2) sorry , no social media
3) only in the forum
4) I' m in Málaga, Spain

Yes!
I only use Facebook, and plan to post there. Name: Åsa Magnusson
I may post on the forum, but I don't have any photo sharing platform account.
Stockholm, Sweden.

1) are you participating? Yes I will!
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? I don't do Twitter or Instagram, so only Facebook. I am Margaret Cunzeman.
3) Do you intend to take part only in the forum and perhaps use a platform like Imgur to share photos? Will take part in the forum but probably no photos.
4) Where in the world are you? Memphis, TN, USA

I'll be participating, mostly posting updates on my instagram @marcella.andherbooks, I'm based in The Netherlands

Living in The Netherlands, posting on Instagram (@boekenwurm71). I don't use Imgur or other photo-sharing options and I don't want thr photos I posted shared any other way than by reposting or sharing on Instagram.

I started reading on the spanish beach

I'm Wichtelkoenigin on Instagram and I'm in Germany.

I am in grad school, so don't have 24 hours to read things besides homework :(.
But I have finished reading one book that I was in the middle of and I posted it on my Instagram cheryl6of8. I will post one or two more times. I am in Silver Spring, Maryland, just north of Washington DC.

I am in grad school, so don't have 24 hours to read things besides homework :(.

There's not an expectation for people to read for 24 hours - unless of course they wish to do so.
** Read a page, a chapter, a book, or several.....but please do join us! **
The aim is that given the vast spread of BookCrossers around the world, from 12:01am - 11:59pm Pacific Time Zone (PDT), there will be a BookCrosser somewhere in the world who is reading a book as part of this Readathon!

Please make sure you post into the Check In thread so we know we have someone reading within that particular hour: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/560210

"unless of course they wish to do so."
I wish to do so. I was thinking I would be done with school and was plotting ways to read for 24 hours straight. But one more week of school left. I was glad when I realized that any reading would count.

The time was not ideal for me, as i had already plans, but i finished a book and hope to have more reading time a next edition

In the last minute I write here. Very fun game. I read a lot in my book Predikare-Lena, Tore Zetterholm
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8064662/
ragnhild_47 instagram

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.