Error message after error message tonight

Forum » Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
I've gotten this one over and over:

Sorry, an error occurred
Error Details

Error Message: We're sorry. An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again, and if the error continues contact our support staff. Thank you for you patience while we clean out the bugs.

and also this one:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Each multiple times.

This morning the site was **extremely** slow but I didn't have time to investigate if it was only the BC site or my computer. Now the speed seems to be back to normal again, other than getting error messages over and over and over.

This morning the site was **extremely**

Same here for a little while, but it's OK now.
I hope we don't get last years trouble.

I've notified Ardik; perhaps the server needs to be kicked.

Thank you. It's soooooooo s l o w!

Thank you. It's soooooooo s l o w!

At least I've got onto the site now. I gave up waiting earlier!

I've got this a few times today as well.

Also, on the 'go Hunting' page, the UK currently has 1,222 wild released (in red). But when I click through I'm told "Sorry, there are no hunting results available for this location. Please check your input and try again."

Would the server need another kick ?

Edit : the 'Go Hunting' error for the UK had cleared up about 5 minutes later.

Almost every forum post I click on gives me an error message a few times before I can finally read it.

ETA: I take it back. It's not *almost* every forum post, it IS every forum post that brings an error message, though not always the same error message.

Today it's better but I had same issue during last couple of days.

So I wrote it again and was successfully. Than I saw that the first one has been successfully saved, too.

So what's the meaning of an error message when the process has been successful?

But I just ignore it because the book is sitting there happily on my shelf.

But I just ignore it because the book is sitting there happily on my shelf.

Me too ;-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.