corner corner The site is unbearably, impossibly slow

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The site is unbearably, impossibly slow

All evening I've assumed there was something wrong with my computer, but just realized it is probably just BookCrossing that is so horribly slow. Can someone check to see if there's something wrong? Please.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
All evening I've assumed there was something wrong with my computer, but just realized it is probably just BookCrossing that is so horribly slow. Can someone check to see if there's something wrong? Please.
Profile Image
Reported. Sometimes the server needs rebooting or some such thing...

I admit that while the slowness is irksome, it beats a bunch of timeout/operation-failed messages!
Profile Image
Reported. Sometimes the server needs rebooting or some such thing...

I admit that while the slowness is irksome, it beats a bunch of timeout/operation-failed messages!

I get those messages as well, when trying to release a book. Takes a lot of time for them to appear.
Profile Image

Phooey

When I first signed in I thought it had been fixed but still slow going. I've given up plans to go out with a friend I don't see often who asked if we could spend the afternoon driving around, catching up, and releasing books. I got only five registered last night after hours and hours of trying. : (
Profile Image
Because it is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww...................................
Profile Image
Still very slow for me, did you get any response to reporting it?
Profile Image
I only managed to get through once yesterday, despite many, many attempts off and on all day, and then couldn't stay because it took so long to get from page to page.
No better today, except that now I'm here I'm hoping to stick around to do something, key in the odd post or whatever, however long it takes . . . .
Profile Image
It took me half an hour to create the release notes for one book yesterday.

Seems much better now though! :)
Profile Image
in getting into the site at all but as everyone has said, it is exceptionally slow. All I was getting for the last 2 days was a blank white screen when attempting to log in; even the bc address did not appear in the address box on my computer. Now, I can get in but it is taking easily 30-40 seconds after clicking, for the page to disappear, and then I get that blank white screen for about the same amount of time before the next page appears. I am having absolutely no slowness issues anywhere else on the computer so I know it's this site and not my computer.

:-(
Profile Image
Profile Image
Yes, looks like I can do some catching up with myelf :-)
Profile Image
Yay! :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.