corner corner Crossing Zone Shortcut

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Crossing Zone Shortcut

What's the point of having a shortcut for a crossing zone, if when you are going to release a book you still have to fill out all of the superfluous information anyway. I had always thought that when you choose the short cut you can hit the next button right next to it and go.....Does not seem to be the case here.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
What's the point of having a shortcut for a crossing zone, if when you are going to release a book you still have to fill out all of the superfluous information anyway. I had always thought that when you choose the short cut you can hit the next button right next to it and go.....Does not seem to be the case here.
Profile Image
I'm not sure what you mean about "superfluous information". The shortcuts provide the release location, but the release time and any notes must still be provided.

If your shortcut list is not working properly - that is, if you select a zone from the shortcut list, hit "next", and still have to select more location information - that's definitely a problem. People have reported situations where the shortcut list gets corrupted; see this thread ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/527944 ) for more details. If that sounds like your situation, perhaps the suggestions in that thread will help.
Profile Image
GoryDetails,

Thank you for the link. I am going to give it a go and see if I can fix this.

Flyinfox
Profile Image
I hit next, nothing works and I have to fill in ALL of the information every time. Useless. The old method worked; this doesn't.
Profile Image
I hit next, nothing works and I have to fill in ALL of the information every time.

Then your list is probably corrupted and following Gory's link would most likely lead you to a way to fix it.

The short cut list works fine for me. I'm not saying this to gloat but to show that it's definitely not universally broken, and it may be fixable for you too.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.