corner corner Ordering custom bookplates via a pre-numbered book

Forum | << Bugs and Broken Bits Reporting | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Ordering custom bookplates via a pre-numbered book

There used to be the function to order lables via the lable shown next to the book details, if it was registered with a pre-numbered label from the shop.
I know that it is out of work for a while now. I would like to know if this function will come back some day?
The only reason fo me to order prenumbered was to find my favorit lables more easliy. If the function will not come back I would order blank lables.

Thank you :-)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
There used to be the function to order lables via the lable shown next to the book details, if it was registered with a pre-numbered label from the shop.
I know that it is out of work for a while now. I would like to know if this function will come back some day?
The only reason fo me to order prenumbered was to find my favorit lables more easliy. If the function will not come back I would order blank lables.

Thank you :-)
Profile Image
There's been discussion of this in the Announcements-forum thread and others, and I too hope that the buy-a-label-via-registered-book-link will be made to work again.

I'd still buy prenumbered labels because I like seeing the pretty picture on my bookshelf {wry grin}, but it does make more sense to display it as an enticement to finders to click through.

Other changes that are being discussed include improving the general search-capabilities of existing custom labels, to make it easier to search them. There have already been some changes - I can see more labels on each tab of the custom-bookplates page now - but I'm hoping that some kind of tagging/categorization will eventually be implemented, to help in finding specific-language labels and/or favorite motifs.
Profile Image
I too hope that the buy-a-label-via-registered-book-link will be made to work again.
:-D
Thank you. Yes, I followed at least some of the discussions and the workaround to this feature. But I never read if it is a bug and this feature will come back or if this feature is being dismissed. I would still like to know :-)

P.S.
True, I appreciate the fact, that a lot more lables are shown in the shop by now.
Profile Image
I'd still buy prenumbered labels because I like seeing the pretty picture on my bookshelf {wry grin}, but it does make more sense to display it as an enticement to finders to click through.

I agree, and so does Reno, which is a good sign for sure. :-)
It will probably come back one day.
Profile Image

Yes, a good sign, thank you :-)
Profile Image

Remind him that it would generate more money for the site. There are several bookplates I'd order again if I could, but presently I can't do it.
Profile Image
There are several bookplates I'd order again if I could, but presently I can't do it.

Moem once kindly offered a workaroud for this problem http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8727184
Profile Image
Remind him that it would generate more money for the site.

I keep doing exactly that. You could also send him a PM.
Profile Image
You could also send him a PM.

I would if I could. : )
Profile Image
I would if I could. : )

Good point! That'll teach me to check before I speak...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.