corner corner BookCrossing Booklist 2004 personal web page

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BookCrossing Booklist 2004 personal web page

Just started the layout to list all of my books read in 2004. There's no text yet, but I've got the photos in place. I'd like to know what BX'ers think (and will cross-post this in Release techniques as well), so feel free to comment!

http://home.earthlink.net/---/id4.html

Any and all feedback is appreciated, on the new page, and the rest of the site (which is still under construction,--only been working on it for about 3 years!).

Thanks!

scavok

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Just started the layout to list all of my books read in 2004. There's no text yet, but I've got the photos in place. I'd like to know what BX'ers think (and will cross-post this in Release techniques as well), so feel free to comment!

http://home.earthlink.net/---/id4.html

Any and all feedback is appreciated, on the new page, and the rest of the site (which is still under construction,--only been working on it for about 3 years!).

Thanks!

scavok
Profile Image
scavok,very cool.I am impressed.

Vickie
Profile Image
Thanks for the comments!

EarthLink/Trellix makes it easy to build a site, using Click-n-Build (you don't need to know any HTML!), and I had the images on a CD-ROM from Dover Books (except for the BX one, of course!) for that page. You get 10 MB of free web space when you sign up with EarthLink, so I've been fiddling around with it for quite some time.

Would love any and all comments--this way, I can free up some bandwidth here, and use my own web site to track my reading progress throughout the year.

scavok
who now has to finish the ~!@# page! :-)
Profile Image
Overall, I think it really looks good - although I'm not sure I like the gray background.
The one thing I think you really need (hope you are planning to do this) is put in links from your books read back to the BC reviews. And even if you don't do much of a review, this still gives easy access to Amazon to read other revews and comments.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.