corner corner Places of Worship challenge

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Places of Worship challenge

Release a book in as many different places of worship as possible.
Who can score the highest?

Rules:

1. Be sensitive in your choice of book
2. The first release gives you 1 point. Releases in any other places of worship of the SAME denomination get you another 1 point per book released.
3.You keep scoring one point until you release in a place of worship of a DIFFERENT religion or denomination.
4.When you change denomination/ religion, your score goes up by one point.

This way, the greater the variety of places of worship you release at, the higher your score.

eg
Release at:
a local Church of England church= 1 point
another Church of England church = 1 point
a local synagogue =2 points
a mosque = 3 points
a local Quaker Meeting = 4 points
another Church of England Church = 1 point

Total: 12 points

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Release a book in as many different places of worship as possible.
Who can score the highest?

Rules:

1. Be sensitive in your choice of book
2. The first release gives you 1 point. Releases in any other places of worship of the SAME denomination get you another 1 point per book released.
3.You keep scoring one point until you release in a place of worship of a DIFFERENT religion or denomination.
4.When you change denomination/ religion, your score goes up by one point.

This way, the greater the variety of places of worship you release at, the higher your score.

eg
Release at:
a local Church of England church= 1 point
another Church of England church = 1 point
a local synagogue =2 points
a mosque = 3 points
a local Quaker Meeting = 4 points
another Church of England Church = 1 point

Total: 12 points
Profile Image
Um, I assume outside of England, those Church of England are going to be harder to come by. Can we make that Christian church of our choice?

Sounds like a fun challenge. I have some ideas.
Profile Image
a certain day/week/month?
Profile Image
I've actually been debating releasing a whole series of books (The Mitford books by Jan Karon). I have 7 and thought of leaving one at a different church throughout my town, all on the same evening. It might be hard to let those books go though... Even though I am not religious, I really like those books!
**wavering, wavering**
Profile Image

Mitford

Oh that would be cool if you left one at an Episcopal, one at a Baptist, one at a Presybetarian and (I forgot if there are any other church's mentioned in the books?)

I might have to take up that idea as I have some Mitford books I need to find a place to release.
Profile Image

I was just using it as an example! Think 'Episcopalian'.

What I was trying to say is I think there is difference enough between the Christian denominations to class each new version as an-extra-pointed visit.

For instance Baptists and Episcopalians are both Anglican Christian denominations but they are still pretty different.

Profile Image
I was thinking of having it as an on-going challenge, but maybe I should give an extra 10 points for completing the challenge in your own time-frame.

Therefore you only get the 10 points if you manage to release x amount of books in y time-frame. You choose the numbers but once you've set your targets, you only get the 10 points if you reach them.

What do you think?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.