A cover/book theme will be posted weekly - I will try to post them on Friday (probably evening) HST¹ (UTC -10) so they will be available on Saturday for most people.
This may be a type of image, a color, a word in the title, something about the author's name, a particular type of book, etc. I'll try to include some examples when I can.
If you wish to suggest a theme, please send me a PM. :D
1) The goal is to release books based on the theme for the week: any type of release is acceptable.
1a) Feel free to join in at any time and participate as much as you wish. If you can't find a book for a particular theme, don't panic: you are not *required* to have something every week. This is supposed to be fun, not stressful!
1b) If you get a catch from a wild release, please share it here.
2) You may choose Saturday OR Sunday as your overlap day. On that day you may release for either the previous week's theme or the new one.
2a) Any given book may only be counted for ONE week. You decide and state which week you are releasing it for.
3) For images, both the front and back of the book are considered "the cover". Please try to include the relevant image in your journal entry if possible, especially if you have a different cover or are using the back. (If your book has a dust jacket, the front and back of the dust jacket are the cover.)
3a) If you aren't able to post an image, please describe it in your journal entry or release notes: "unlike the one that's shown, MY copy has a green cover with purple spots" and so on.
4) Post your releases here with a link to the journal entries: please do not edit previous posts to add more releases. You should have a new post for each week/theme that you release books for.
4a) If you take release photos please let us know so we can see them. :)
5) This isn't a competition and there are no prizes; I hope you enjoy playing!
6) If you have questions, please ask.
HISTORY OF THIS CHALLENGE:
It looks like Apolonia started this challenge in 2004, then danesnboxers ran it from 2005-2010. Most recently, Secretariat was the host from 2011-2020. Thank you to all the previous hosts!! I've cribbed from Secretariat for the description above. :)
OVERVIEW for 2021: re-do weeks will be as follows:
1st quarter: week 13 (beginning Saturday, March 27)
2nd quarter: week 26 (beginning Saturday, June 26)
3rd quarter: week 39 (beginning Saturday, September 25)
4th quarter: week 52 (beginning Saturday, December 25)
----> you may choose to do a 4th quarter re-do or a review of all themes for the year
Guest host ekorren² will post the themes for these weeks:
1st quarter: FEBRUARY: weeks 5-8 (beginning Saturday, January 30)
2nd quarter: MAY: weeks 18-21 (beginning Saturday, May 1)
3rd quarter: JULY: weeks 27-30 (beginning Saturday, July 3)
4th quarter: DECEMBER: weeks 48-51 (beginning Saturday, November 27)
Guest host NancyNova³ will provide the themes for these weeks:
1st quarter: MARCH: weeks 9-12 (beginning Saturday, February 27)
2nd quarter: JUNE: weeks 22-25 (beginning Saturday, May 29)
3rd quarter: AUGUST: weeks 31-34 (beginning Saturday, July 31)
4th quarter: NOVEMBER: weeks 44-47 (beginning Saturday, October 30)
2nd Quarter thread: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/574022
For the FIRST QUARTER:
Weeks 1-4: themes from hyphen8¹
Weeks 5-8: themes from ekorren²
Weeks 9-12: themes from NancyNova³
Week 13: 1st quarter re-do
---> list of themes for 1st quarter: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9645301
¹ Hawaii does not participate in Daylight Savings. You can look up HST here: https://www.timeanddate.com/---/hast
² What time is it in Germany? https://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_DE.aspx
³ What time is it in Pennsylvania? https://24timezones.com/---/time