Jules Verne is considered, (as are H.G. Wells (b. 21/09/1866) and Hugo Gernsback (b. 16/08/1884) by some sources), to be the "Father of Science Fiction". Verne's birthday was 8 February 1828, so the challenge is to release as many science fiction books from 1 to 28 February 2018 inclusive, your local time.
On the second weekend after the challenge ends I will award prizes of Wings for a Month for the person with the most releases, and two other participants (apart from the person with the most releases) selected at random.
What are the rules?
1. Any Science Fiction themed book (see below) released in the month of February 2018 your local time can be included. Wild and controlled releases allowed.
2. For this challenge a Science Fiction book is defined as any book you would find on the Science Fiction shelves in a book store. If you are not sure what genre a book belongs in, going to amazon.com/.co.uk/.com.au, barnesandnoble.com or kobo.com and seeing what genre it is classified as there might help. Sites such as these often categorise books in more than one genre, but as long as one of them is science fiction the book is acceptable.
NOTE: Non-fiction books about science fiction authors, science fiction topics or sub-categories, or the science fiction genre in general are also allowed.
3. Releases that fit multiple release challenges are welcome.
4. After making your releases, record them here with your running total of releases and a link to your journal entry. Please mention in your release notes that the book was released as part of this challenge.
5. Report catches (and new members resulting from this challenge). A link to the journal entry would also be appreciated. Please include in your post here your running total of any catches.
6. Hope you all have fun, and I look forward to seeing what books people are reading and releasing. I have added some extremely interesting books to Mount TBR after seeing what books other people released and their comments on them. (I can't honestly say I have read them yet!)