The challenge is to release books related to television series throughout 2018. At the end of the year there will be prizes of Wings for a Month for the person with the most releases, the person with the most catches, and three other participants selected at random.
Rules (same as last year):
1. The book must have been adapted into a television series,
for example "The Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy" by Douglas Adams (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10486979)
or be a continuation of or spin-off from a television series
for example "Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Lost Slayer, Part Four: Original Sins" by Christopher Golden (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/3539782)
or be an adaptation of an episode(s) of a television series
for example "Star Trek - The Next Generation: Encounter At Farpoint" by David Gerrold (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/6424007)
or be a tie-in book to a television series
for example "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/11133460)
or be an episode guide or other book written about a television series
for example "'X-files' Confidential: Episode Guide To Series 2"
by Ted Edwards, Jeff Rice (Foreword) (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/3569264)
You get the general idea. As long as it's about a television series, it's allowed. And looking at my examples, I should clarify that they don't have to be science fiction! Although that does give me an idea for another challenge.
TV mini-series are allowed, but not one-off made-for-TV movies. (You can release them for msrubble's 2018 Movie Book Release Challenge (I'll insert a link to it here when I have confirmed it is running again in 2018.) It must be a TV "series" or mini-series. Doesn't matter whether it was free-to-air TV, pay TV or cable TV.
2. Any sort of release, wild or controlled, is fine.
3. Releases that fit multiple release challenges are welcome.
4. After making your releases, record them here with your running total of releases and a link to your journal entry. Please mention in your release notes that the book was released as part of this challenge.
Doctor Who: Short Trips: Indefinable Magic
5. Please report any catches (and new members resulting from this challenge) here too. A link to the journal entry would also be appreciated. Please include in your post here your running total of any catches.
6. This challenge will run from January 1, 2018 until December 31, 2018 inclusive, your local time.
7. Have fun with it! You can join in as and when you wish.