I'll post the rules now and you can put your releases here once it's December 1 where you are. :)
The D for December challenge will run 12/1 to 12/31 your time.
1) Books must be released during the period from December 1 to December 31. No need to sign up - join in at any time!
2) The challenge is to release books that have a the letter "D" beginning a word in the main title OR the author's name.
* Dean Koontz, John D. Rockfeller, Max von der Grün, and Charles Dickens will all count. Scott O'Dell won't, sorry.
* Main title means anything before the colon but not afterwards. For example, _Ice Bound: A Doctor's Incredible Battle For Survival at the South Pole_ doesn't count.
* Series names don't count unless they're part of the actual book title, so _Tea Time for the Traditionally Built_, while part of the No. 1 Ladies' Dectective Agency Series, wouldn't count..but the first book in the series is actually *titled* _The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency_ so it would be fine.
3) Any type of release counts: wild releases, charity releases, controlled releases, books left at OBCZs or LFLs, sent out as rings/rays, books in bookboxes, etc.
4) Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, proper nouns, and pronouns in any language count.
* Only the first letter of an acronym/initialism counts- as in D.A.R.E. but not M.A.D.D.
* Articles don't count- - for instance, if the word "the" begins with the letter D in your language, it doesn't qualify. (Besides, you should release those for RockDg9's "The The" challenge in November!)
* Numbers work if they're spelled out in letters ("dozen" rather than "12"; "dos" or "deux" instead of "2").
* If by chance your title includes a Roman numeral beginning with D (between 500 & 899), then it would count. (See acronyms/initialisms above).
* If your language doesn't use the same sort of characters as English, it should be a word that begins with the same sound as the letter D in English (in other words, it would be transliterated into a D in for English speakers). I'll have to take your word for it at least 99 and 44/100% of the time, so please play fair! ;)
5) Multi-challenge releases are perfectly fine, and even encouraged (because they're more fun).
If you have questions, just ask. :)
2008 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/376461
2009 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/412235
2010 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/445669
2011 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/467699
2012 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/483526
2013 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/500579
2014 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/512861
2015 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/525598
2016 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/536360
+ Also, for 2015, miekster did a similar challenge in the Dutch forum and there were 672 releases there!