corner corner 2017 Ultimate Release Challenge--Suggestions needed!

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2017 Ultimate Release Challenge--Suggestions needed!

Hey, Ultimate Releasers! It's almost time for a new year of the challenge.

First, is anybody eager to take over hosting this challenge? I'm willing to do it for another year if no one else is able to, but if you'd like to take a turn, I'm also happy to hand it on!

For next year's participants, are there any themes you would especially like to see? Do you like it when the theme lines up with other challenges? Please post your feedback and ideas here.

For those who have never participated, the Ultimate Release Challenge is a noncompetitive challenge where you get points for reading and/or releasing books, with extra points if they tie into the monthly theme. It's a fun way to organize your reading, especially if you have a towering TBR pile.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hey, Ultimate Releasers! It's almost time for a new year of the challenge.

First, is anybody eager to take over hosting this challenge? I'm willing to do it for another year if no one else is able to, but if you'd like to take a turn, I'm also happy to hand it on!

For next year's participants, are there any themes you would especially like to see? Do you like it when the theme lines up with other challenges? Please post your feedback and ideas here.

For those who have never participated, the Ultimate Release Challenge is a noncompetitive challenge where you get points for reading and/or releasing books, with extra points if they tie into the monthly theme. It's a fun way to organize your reading, especially if you have a towering TBR pile.
Profile Image

Hi jumpingin. Thanks for hosting this for 2016, I really enjoy this challenge and I liked the way you included non-fiction is some of the categories, like scientists etc.
I have a couple of suggestions: food, the elements, books with double letters in the title.

cally-c
Profile Image

2017 List

Jumpingin -- you have done a great job with hosting -- thanks so much! This challenge has been a great way for me to focus on tackling the contents of Mt. TBR.

From what I have seen of other people participating, it is always a good thing when the themes correspond to other challenges.

I was going to say "food" as one of the themes, but I see that cally-c beat me to it. The other ideas are based on the contents of my TBR shelf -- and an attempt not to repeat any of this year's themes. (BTW, if you were to repeat this year's themes, my favorites were Animals and Colors.) "Family" might be another good one -- mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, etc. Or "Directions" -- East, West, Up, Down, etc.
Profile Image
Thanks for hosting this year's challenge jumpingin, I'm looking forward to the next one and hoping to do better. I have lots of books I need to get off my shelf in 2017!

Looking at my TBR and Available list, one thing that doesn't always fit into a theme is people's names (e.g. Katherine, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, Rebecca). Would that be something that would work?

How about things you would find in a house? E.g. chair, mirror, bath, spoon, book etc.

I agree with 6of8 that if we were going to repeat any of this year's themes then animals and colours would be good ones.
Profile Image
Looking at my TBR and Available list, one thing that doesn't always fit into a theme is people's names (e.g. Katherine, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, Rebecca). Would that be something that would work?

You've got till the end of the month http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/535547
Profile Image

You've got till the end of the month http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/535547

Ahha, thanks solittletime! I'd also quite like to combine it with the ultimate challenge sometime next year though if possible, as this is the main (and sometimes only) challenge I do every year.
Profile Image
How about

Books - the word book, fiction, poem, play, pages, themes, chapters, words, write, essay, cover, print, publish, etc. (although if you allowed it, you'd have a zillion of "xxx: A Novel" in there).

And/or

BookCrossing - related to any BookCrossing screen name - so little time http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14190884/, The Count of Monte (Cristo), a Sherlock Holmes book for Sherlockfan, a Rumpole of the Bailey for RumpoleFan, a cat book for tabby-cat-owner, a book about punctuation for hyphen8, http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/5184385/ for your name, etc. There are so many great screen names to relate to.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.