corner corner Start saving for the 2016 Halloween Challenge

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Start saving for the 2016 Halloween Challenge

which runs the month of October.

Here's last year's thread: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/523584 for the list of words/pictures allowed.

All releases (wild, controlled, OBCZ) count. As do multiple challenges--there are many words that are also allowed for the Tick Tock Challenge, so you can double up.

I ask that you post both the link and the title (and author if that's what makes the book count). Looking at a BCID number is no fun at all. Looking at the BCID *and* the title of what book you released is what makes it interesting.

No prizes--just for fun. Questions? Post here.

ETA: You can release all through October, or save them for the trick or treaters, or both.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
which runs the month of October.

Here's last year's thread: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/523584 for the list of words/pictures allowed.

All releases (wild, controlled, OBCZ) count. As do multiple challenges--there are many words that are also allowed for the Tick Tock Challenge, so you can double up.

I ask that you post both the link and the title (and author if that's what makes the book count). Looking at a BCID number is no fun at all. Looking at the BCID *and* the title of what book you released is what makes it interesting.

No prizes--just for fun. Questions? Post here.

ETA: You can release all through October, or save them for the trick or treaters, or both.
Profile Image
Oh, I always seem to have something suitable for a Halloween challenge!
Profile Image
Oh, I always seem to have something suitable for a Halloween challenge!

And gory details is on the word list, so you HAVE to play!
Profile Image
And gory details is on the word list, so you HAVE to play!

Dropped in to check a few "allowed" words on the list and...HAHAHAHAHA!!! : D
I didn't remember seeing "gory details" last year...TOO FUNny, solittletime!!! ; )
Profile Image
Oh yes, it (she) was there. I haven't changed the word list.
Profile Image
OH. MY. GOODNESS. My BC Calendar for the next few months is filling up VERy FAST, and I just realized I'm still not caught up over at Secretariat's NJABBIC, because just when I was finally getting my list completed and ready to make official releases so I could post for the Redo Week, I scratched my cornea. Never a dull moment!!!

THANKS FOR HOSTING AGAIN, solittleitme!!! ; ) I already have several set aside for this one this year, but need to have a SERious register/label party in the very NEAR future for these books, and those for a few other upcoming challenges! : D
Profile Image
I scratched my cornea. Never a dull moment!!!

Ouch, ouch, ouch! Don't DO that! :(

Hope it's better now?!
Profile Image
I just found my stash of Halloween books - it reminded me that I hadn't signed up for this year's challenge!
Profile Image
Join us. Accepted word and pictures list in the initial post.
Profile Image
and you can release anytime from Oct 1st on, though some people save some or most for Halloween trick-or-treaters. But that is entirely up to you. They can be released any time in October.

Join us!
Profile Image
I've been saving it. :)
Profile Image
Would black & body be okay?

Dark & corpse are listed...just trying to squeeze a few more books in ;o)
Profile Image
Would black & body be okay?

Dark & corpse are listed...just trying to squeeze a few more books in ;o)

Body is okay, since we've got Corpse and Dead and Death.

I'm not sure about Black. We've already got Black Cat. I think I'll have to say no to that, unless you can convince me there's a strong connection...
Profile Image
for this Challenge. Hope many BookCrossers will join in!
Profile Image
Quick question - is "fiendish" allowed?
Profile Image
Quick question - is "fiendish" allowed?

Yes, I looked up definitions and it looks okay.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.