corner corner Having fun sorting books : ) - x-post

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Having fun sorting books : ) - x-post

I bought 8 large bags o' books last week at a library sale and was given 3 big boxes of free books by a friend the same day. They have stayed in my car and trunk and today I started sorting them out. I'm about half way through, but have no more room in my house so the rest will stay in my car for now.

So far I've started or added to stacks for the Be Sensible Challenge; the Into the Wild Wild Release Challenge; the One Word Title Challenge; the June Bride Challenge; the Talk Like a Pirate Challenge; the Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes Challenge; the Tick Tock Challenge; the Halloween Challenge; the Food and Wine Challenge; the Oh the Places You Can Go Challenge; the Valentines Challenge; the Backyard Bird Count Challenge; the Garden Challenge; the Four Elements Challenge; 3 monthly themes of the Ultimate Challenge; the Never Judge a Book by Its Cover Challenge; the Movie Challenge, and a few miscellaneous books that I might want to read or will give away for an as yet unknown Challenge.

ETA: and I think I forgot the You're Such an Animal Challenge.

Do you save books for upcoming Challenges too?

ETA: Hint. Halloween Challenge coming up in October. (Last year's post: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/523584 )

Start saving now! : )

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I bought 8 large bags o' books last week at a library sale and was given 3 big boxes of free books by a friend the same day. They have stayed in my car and trunk and today I started sorting them out. I'm about half way through, but have no more room in my house so the rest will stay in my car for now.

So far I've started or added to stacks for the Be Sensible Challenge; the Into the Wild Wild Release Challenge; the One Word Title Challenge; the June Bride Challenge; the Talk Like a Pirate Challenge; the Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes Challenge; the Tick Tock Challenge; the Halloween Challenge; the Food and Wine Challenge; the Oh the Places You Can Go Challenge; the Valentines Challenge; the Backyard Bird Count Challenge; the Garden Challenge; the Four Elements Challenge; 3 monthly themes of the Ultimate Challenge; the Never Judge a Book by Its Cover Challenge; the Movie Challenge, and a few miscellaneous books that I might want to read or will give away for an as yet unknown Challenge.

ETA: and I think I forgot the You're Such an Animal Challenge.

ETA: Hint. Halloween Challenge coming up in October. (Last year's post: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/523584 )

Start saving now! : )
Profile Image

I DO try to save books for upcoming Challenges and already have some for your upcoming 2016 Spook-tacular Halloween Challenge! ; ) Like you, I am OUT OF ROOM now though, and don't know WHAT I'd do if I had another 8 bags and 3 boxes like you!

Profile Image
..unless they're ones I know will be particularly difficult (e-less, senses) or have quotas (animal, places). Can't save TOO many, since I have storage issues too. :s

Here are some other challenges that come to mind: Sapphire, e-less, Canada Days, D for December, TV, theater, children's concept books.... Some years there's one for banned/challenged books, and sometime an Anzac challenge too.

Oh, and there's been a "What's in a Name" challenge too.
Profile Image

Now that the daughter moved out, I took over her old bedroom, with books. I had several hundred availables at the beginning of this year, so I took out empty boxes and sorted them into the years' limited time challenges, including the ultimate monthly challenge, HOPING that last years' would run again. And they did.

So, 15 more challenges yet to run this year (assuming they're all back), and hopefully all get released during their designated challenge - sometimes yes, sometimes they get recycled back in to the "any availables" box for next time.

Yes, it's nice being able to see the rug in the second bedroom as the boxes of stock this year have moved on out.
Profile Image
challenge boxes on one side of the room, but have 4 more boxes on the cedar chest with stock that didn't match the end of the year stuff. The library had $5/bag one weekend - so two bags of stock came home, then "Pay what you want" the next weekend - so another 2 bags came home!
Profile Image
I was given two big (over 6 feet tall) bookcases lately and somehow managed to squeeze them into my place. I've emptied 6 boxes and 1 bag already and have started 21 stacks for upcoming Challenges on the bookshelves, labeled with yellow post-its.

So, still having fun sorting books!!
Profile Image
My neighbor recently gave me a big bin of books. Most I have or will give away to Kairos Outside or Operation Paperback. Hope she finds me more.

Enjoy the sorting.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.