corner corner 2016 YOU'RE SUCH AN ANIMAL RELEASE CHALLENGE

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2016 YOU'RE SUCH AN ANIMAL RELEASE CHALLENGE

The 2016 You're Such an Animal Release Challenge begins at 12:01 a.m. (your time) on September 1, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (your time) on October 4, 2016 (in order to include “World Animal Day” on October 4). This is the thirteenth year for this challenge, and each year has been loads of fun.

It’s easy. Just WILD release at least 20 books where the name of the book has within it the name of some kind of animal (not human), insect, or reptile. Any once-living animal or mammal (except man) will do—cat, dog, chicken, wolf, tiger, monkey, insects, lizards, arachnids, birds, dinosaurs, creature, and beast are acceptable words. You can use the gender names of animals and the baby names animals, too: mare, stallion, pup, kitten, kitty, puppy, pony, kid, etc. I even allow mythical creatures (phoenix, griffin, mermaid, dragon, etc.) Books entitled “The Cat in the Hat,” “Along Came a Spider,” “The Mouse That Roared,” “The Monkey House” and “A Bird in the Hand” are all good. However, a book titled “Rin Tin Tin” doesn’t work because although it’s a story about a dog, it does not have the word “dog” in the title. Embedded words are also acceptable (i.e., KIDnapped, LASSie, The SHADe of the Moon). Though controlled releases are not allowed, releases to any official OBCZ is satisfactory because OBCZs are somewhat Wild in that you never know who will be picking up the books.

You may use foreign (non-English) titles—but the title must be translated into English when you put down the link. Translations must be as the author would have intended them (so if there is more than one meaning to a word and one of those meanings is an animal, it can only be used if the author would have intended it).

In the past, there have been members who have issued special challenges within the Animal Challenge, for instance, releasing only one book of each kind of animal or only books with the word cat in them, or you may wish to theme your releases (i.e., The Rats of NIMH released at a science lab). I’m not requiring any of these, but will take note of any extra releasing complexities in the challenge and will give extra credit for creativity and difficulty, so PLEASE be sure to let me know when you add pics of the books released or when you do themed releases. There will be prizes awarded at the completion of the contest.

Each link you give for your released books should look like this:

#6. Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3243651. (Themed release with pic)

It must tell me which number book you are releasing and the kind of animal. Credit is given only for number of books, not number of animals released per title. If you release “The Wolf and the Dove” you get only one credit. Again, be sure to let me know if you’ve themed your releases, put pics of the release points, or done other things which I might give extra credit for. Come and join the fun. Everyone is welcome.

Here are more specific answers to some questions asked in the past:

The following are okay:

Release more than one copy of an animal book or duplicates of the same animal
animals of all sorts (mammals, fish, birds, bugs)
the gender of any of those animals (drake, mare, stallion)
Breeds: maltese, yorkshire, palomino, etc.

The following words are good:

Angel
Devil
Dragon
Ghost
Vampire
Animal
Mammal
Beast
Hound
bait (because bait can be a fish or previously living animal)
creature
serpent
Fowl
Pet
Ass
Cattle
bug
insect
Reptile
cootie (or louse)
slang (Kitty, Puss, Doggy, etc., but spelled correctly)
all the 'baby' animal names are acceptable (duckling, cygnet, pup etc...)
plural (ants, dogs, Appaloosas etc...)
Spellings must be correct (cat not Kat, lion not Lyon)
No abbreviations (alligator, not gator; dinosaur, not dino)
embedded animals are okay (harry pOTTER or clASS, etc- -
embedded animal has to fit the language. (so, German animal in a German title, etc.) -
embedded also has to be in ONE word, not across spaces.
embedded--can be in the subtitle (even if it doesn’t show in the original book title, be sure it is in your journal entry)
Readers' Digest or other book collections okay as long as one of the titles has an animal in it and the title is shown on the front (or spine) of the book must be in the title (not the author)
the animal has to match the language (so Spanish book must have a Spanish animal name)

The words below won't count:

gator
coon
Capricorn, Leo, Taurus (the Zodiac signs)
Prey
Wild
tom
monster
fiddler
groups (like gaggle of geese- - geese is ok, gaggle is not)

Participants for the 2016 Challenge:

6of8
awaywithfairies
Bascula
Blue_Fairy
booklady331
BOOKWORMINUSALL
BruceAlexander
chlorine
Cordelia-anne
DragonGoddess
e-marmotte
elj
eponine38
Gatinaise
GoryDetails
hyphen8
jemlire
keeta
Lubiette
NancyNova
sakirmo
Secretariat
sha
smhamn
solittletime
souram
spazcat
tabby-cat-owner
tomato68
Tribefan
Wilena

Complete Thread

1 2 3 4 5 Next 

Profile Image
The 2016 You're Such an Animal Release Challenge begins at 12:01 a.m. (your time) on September 1, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (your time) on October 4, 2016 (in order to include “World Animal Day” on October 4). This is the thirteenth year for this challenge, and each year has been loads of fun.

It’s easy. Just WILD release at least 20 books where the name of the book has within it the name of some kind of animal (not human), insect, or reptile. Any once-living animal or mammal (except man) will do—cat, dog, chicken, wolf, tiger, monkey, insects, lizards, arachnids, birds, dinosaurs, creature, and beast are acceptable words. You can use the gender names of animals and the baby names animals, too: mare, stallion, pup, kitten, kitty, puppy, pony, kid, etc. I even allow mythical creatures (phoenix, griffin, mermaid, dragon, etc.) Books entitled “The Cat in the Hat,” “Along Came a Spider,” “The Mouse That Roared,” “The Monkey House” and “A Bird in the Hand” are all good. However, a book titled “Rin Tin Tin” doesn’t work because although it’s a story about a dog, it does not have the word “dog” in the title. Embedded words are also acceptable (i.e., KIDnapped, LASSie, The SHADe of the Moon). Though controlled releases are not allowed, releases to any official OBCZ is satisfactory because OBCZs are somewhat Wild in that you never know who will be picking up the books.

You may use foreign (non-English) titles—but the title must be translated into English when you put down the link. Translations must be as the author would have intended them (so if there is more than one meaning to a word and one of those meanings is an animal, it can only be used if the author would have intended it).

In the past, there have been members who have issued special challenges within the Animal Challenge, for instance, releasing only one book of each kind of animal or only books with the word cat in them, or you may wish to theme your releases (i.e., The Rats of NIMH released at a science lab). I’m not requiring any of these, but will take note of any extra releasing complexities in the challenge and will give extra credit for creativity and difficulty, so PLEASE be sure to let me know when you add pics of the books released or when you do themed releases. There will be prizes awarded at the completion of the contest.

Each link you give for your released books should look like this:

#6. Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3243651. (Themed release with pic)

It must tell me which number book you are releasing and the kind of animal. Credit is given only for number of books, not number of animals released per title. If you release “The Wolf and the Dove” you get only one credit. Again, be sure to let me know if you’ve themed your releases, put pics of the release points, or done other things which I might give extra credit for. Come and join the fun. Everyone is welcome.

Here are more specific answers to some questions asked in the past:

The following are okay:

Release more than one copy of an animal book or duplicates of the same animal
animals of all sorts (mammals, fish, birds, bugs)
the gender of any of those animals (drake, mare, stallion)
Breeds: maltese, yorkshire, palomino, etc.

The following words are good:

Angel
Devil
Dragon
Ghost
Vampire
Animal
Mammal
Beast
Hound
bait (because bait can be a fish or previously living animal)
creature
serpent
Fowl
Pet
Ass
Cattle
bug
insect
Reptile
cootie (or louse)
slang (Kitty, Puss, Doggy, etc., but spelled correctly)
all the 'baby' animal names are acceptable (duckling, cygnet, pup etc...)
plural (ants, dogs, Appaloosas etc...)
Spellings must be correct (cat not Kat, lion not Lyon)
No abbreviations (alligator, not gator; dinosaur, not dino)
embedded animals are okay (harry pOTTER or clASS, etc- -
embedded animal has to fit the language. (so, German animal in a German title, etc.) -
embedded also has to be in ONE word, not across spaces.
embedded--can be in the subtitle (even if it doesn’t show in the original book title, be sure it is in your journal entry)
Readers' Digest or other book collections okay as long as one of the titles has an animal in it and the title is shown on the front (or spine) of the book must be in the title (not the author)
the animal has to match the language (so Spanish book must have a Spanish animal name)

The words below won't count:

gator
coon
Capricorn, Leo, Taurus (the Zodiac signs)
Prey
Wild
tom
monster
fiddler
groups (like gaggle of geese- - geese is ok, gaggle is not)

Participants for the 2016 Challenge:

6of8
awaywithfairies
Bascula
Blue_Fairy
booklady331
BOOKWORMINUSALL
BruceAlexander
chlorine
Cordelia-anne
DragonGoddess
e-marmotte
elj
eponine38
Gatinaise
GoryDetails
hyphen8
jemlire
keeta
Lubiette
NancyNova
sakirmo
Secretariat
sha
smhamn
solittletime
souram
spazcat
tabby-cat-owner
tomato68
Tribefan
Wilena
Profile Image
I meant to begin the thread on August 1, but forgot to do so.

Also, I'll be on vacation during the first 12 days of the challenge and will be connected mostly on my small notebook, so my responses to questions may be short. Nonetheless, I will be participating.
Profile Image
That's okay...just happy you're hosting, and happy you get to squeak a vacation in!

Books gathered...check!
Labels purchased...check!
Surprise recipient...check!
Mystery, intrigue...check!

: D
Profile Image
just for fun!

Thanks for hosting this one again!
Profile Image

I'll play

despite using up nearly all my animal books for my own animal challenge in Finnish... but hopefully more books will materialize one way or another :)
Profile Image
despite using up nearly all my animal books for my own animal challenge in Finnish...

Isn't that always the way. Nice to have you in the group.
Profile Image
I have a perpetual pile of books for this challenge!
Profile Image
giant and my baby bro pointed out the embedded word. Anyhoo, this blonde senior is in!
Profile Image

I'll play :)

Not sure if I'll make 20, but will give it a go.
Profile Image
of course, it helps that KateKintail always tries to do a release walk at the Zoo in September and she lets me tag along. I have a stack of books set aside already.
Profile Image
of course, it helps that KateKintail always tries to do a release walk at the Zoo in September and she lets me tag along.

That sounds like fun! :)
Profile Image
release walk at the Zoo in September and she lets me tag along.

I try to do one at the San Diego Zoo as well. Sha, you want to try to do one toward the end of September or first week of October? I can get both of us in free because I have a super pass plus, as usual, all sorts of promotional offers I never use. We could eat at Alberts as well (they have a terrific menu).
Profile Image
release walk at the Zoo in September and she lets me tag along.

I try to do one at the San Diego Zoo as well. Sha, you want to try to do one toward the end of September or first week of October? I can get both of us in free because I have a super pass plus, as usual, all sorts of promotional offers I never use. We could eat at Alberts as well (they have a terrific menu).

Three of my favorite things! You, the zoo and a great restaurant. Wish I was up to it, I fell last year and now use a walker to get around, boo hoo poor me. Anyhoo, have fun!!
Profile Image
Wish I was up to it, I fell last year and now use a walker to get around, boo hoo poor me.

How awful. I'm so sorry to hear it. I hope you heal quickly and well.
Profile Image
Wish I was up to it, I fell last year and now use a walker to get around, boo hoo poor me.

How awful. I'm so sorry to hear it. I hope you heal quickly and well.

Tnx for the kind words. I'm much better now but use the walker for balance. As you can see most of my releases are at my LFL.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Having another hip surgery in Sept. but I'll release what I can. >^.^<
Profile Image
...now I just need to get them REGISTERED! :)
Profile Image
Count me in!
Profile Image

I'll try...

Hello, 20 releases must be possible. And I already know I won't win. It's cool!
Profile Image

I'm in!

The box has been collecting the critters all year and now they're ready to spring loose!
Profile Image
I just noticed baby animal names in the directions above. Off to scour the "not matched up with any challenges yet" stash to see if there's more lurking.
Profile Image
I just noticed baby animal names in the directions above. Off to scour the "not matched up with any challenges yet" stash to see if there's more lurking.

And don't forget to check for embedded names. I'm bad at see them, but there are often lots of them hidden in book titles.
Profile Image
use it for a creature and my brother pointed out the embedded ANT lol
Profile Image

In...!

This year I have always many books but perhaps less time ...
http://e.l.j.free.fr/---/Animal_16.JPG
Profile Image

Catch!

Just had a catch that I'm not sure I released for this Challenge so many years ago but it's the reason I keep plugging.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/1898668
Profile Image
Three of my favorite things! You, the zoo and a great restaurant. Wish I was up to it, I fell last year and now use a walker to get around, boo hoo poor me. Anyhoo, have fun!!

I'll probably have to release in multiples around town until I'm independent again, too.

Profile Image

I'll probably have to release in multiples around town until I'm independent again, too.

Hey Hey kiddo, hope that you will be up and about real soon. This semi sedentary lifestyle is for the birds.
Profile Image
The pirate challenge will run for a week in mid-September, so if you have any pirate books for that, they can also help in the animal challenge due to embedded RATs in them.
Profile Image

I join it !

I will try it, not sure to have 20 but I'll see what I find !
Profile Image

I'm in....

as always!!!!
Profile Image
I haven't done this one in ages and I have to clear out books so count me in! I'm more than sure that I have some that will work.
Profile Image

I'm in!

I'm in. I just got back from a book sale and found five books. Let's see how much more I could find in the next month...
Profile Image

Yes, it would be a very similar release in that you don't know who will pick up the books from it.
Profile Image

Yes, it would be a very similar release in that you don't know who will pick up the books from it.

SWEEEEET!!! Thank you...you made my night, and will be making someone else's' day!!! ; ) Safe travels to you!!!
Profile Image
I have a SPECTACULAR idea, or two, for you!!! First...if you don't have a cabana boy to push you around in a wheelchair at the zoo (I did this for a dear "Mother" friend of mine before she passed and liked to killed myself, but she/we had the best time because she could go with us...last trip I was able to make...and I even spun her around in circles like she was dancing, and I'd do it for you if I could), your Zoo may have one of those scooter thingamajigs available for you to use, with a basket attached for your books! Second...because of my health issues and my dislike for the sedentary lifestyle I've had to adopt...which IS for the birds, I am tenacious enough to still walk...when I can, more like hobble...in the grocery store when I don't use one of those motorized scooter thingamajigs. The only way that I am able to do that is to use the shopping cart for a "walker". With that in mind, while most Zoos do not have shopping carts, they do have strollers available, and you could use one of those for your "walker" and put your books in the seat where the child would usually sit. : D
Profile Image
I have a SPECTACULAR idea, or two, for you!!! First...if you don't have a cabana boy to push you around in a wheelchair at the zoo (I did this for a dear "Mother" friend of mine before she passed and liked to killed myself, but she/we had the best time because she could go with us...last trip I was able to make...and I even spun her around in circles like she was dancing, and I'd do it for you if I could), your Zoo may have one of those scooter thingamajigs available for you to use, with a basket attached for your books! Second...because of my health issues and my dislike for the sedentary lifestyle I've had to adopt...which IS for the birds, I am tenacious enough to still walk...when I can, more like hobble...in the grocery store when I don't use one of those motorized scooter thingamajigs. The only way that I am able to do that is to use the shopping cart for a "walker". With that in mind, while most Zoos do not have shopping carts, they do have strollers available, and you could use one of those for your "walker" and put your books in the seat where the child would usually sit. : D

All good ideas, but I will say that the San Diego Zoo (and the Safari Park [I will forever, of course, call it the Wild Animal Park which was it's name for 30+ years] are very serious challenges for anyone without a scooter and there are places the scooter couldn't make it either because of the deep canyons. For instance, the pandas are in the middle of a large very deep canyon. There are trams one can take, but one has to be able to get on and off them and they don't go into the bigger canyons. Still, they are a help to those of us who are more mobile.
Profile Image

Hey kiddo, good idea but sitting for any period of time is exhausting. Glad to see you back in action.
Profile Image
Hey kiddo, good idea but sitting for any period of time is exhausting.

Sitting for any period of time is very painful for me, and standing and laying down are the same. AAAAAAAAhhhh the "Golden Years"...gotta love 'em! : )
Profile Image
Please put your release notes here. I'll be on vacation for the first 12 days of the challenge, but I'll periodically be checking in from my tablet and answering questions when I can. I've registered some books to take with me and hope to sprinkle some along the way on my trip.
Profile Image
Please put your release notes here. I'll be on vacation for the first 12 days of the challenge, but I'll periodically be checking in from my tablet and answering questions when I can. I've registered some books to take with me and hope to sprinkle some along the way on my trip.

Have a great trip, I will keep an eye on bookworm as she tends to stir up a ruckus now and then lol.
Profile Image
I will keep an eye on bookworm as she tends to stir up a ruckus now and then lol.

Stir...stir...aaaaannnd...you MISSED it, sha!!! : D
Profile Image
I will keep an eye on bookworm as she tends to stir up a ruckus now and then lol.

Stir...stir...aaaaannnd...you MISSED it, sha!!! : D

You are such an instigator, oh yeah we can't use gator lol.
Profile Image
Always have trouble making it to 20 releases but will try once again. This is a fun challenge!

Profile Image
I'll give it a try, though not sure to gather 20 titles
Profile Image
Does the word "zoo" count, since it is a collection of animals?
Profile Image

I asked about that last year, and the answer was no...so I suspect the answer will be the same this year...!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8560379
Profile Image

Nope, sorry. Has to be an animal.
Profile Image
This year I am going to try. So I guess I am participating.
Profile Image
I allow breeds, so yes I will allow it.
Profile Image
You will have to be a little quicker than that...you've already missed my ruckus, sha!!! Although they're not labeled yet, and there are 26 labels, but maybe only 25 animals, and maybe only 20 that count because it's "TITLES"...not "PHOTOS"!!! : )

Mystery, intrigue...check! : D
Profile Image
1 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14175914/ Harry pOTTER and the Goblet of Fire
2 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14175922/ LEOPARDs' Gold
3 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14175924/ Songs of the Humpback WHALE
Profile Image
You said you will allow slang, so would you allow "hippo"?

Thanks, slt
Profile Image

Thanks, slt

Did I say that? I don't remember. Can you give me a link so I can get context.
Profile Image

Thanks, slt

"slang (Kitty, Puss, Doggy, etc., but spelled correctly) "
Profile Image

Thanks, slt

"slang (Kitty, Puss, Doggy, etc., but spelled correctly) "

That allows baby animal names, which wouldn't include hippo. Sorry, I think hippo falls into the same category as gator, an unacceptable abbreviation.
Profile Image
Sorry, I think hippo falls into the same category as gator, an unacceptable abbreviation.

Okay. I deleted it and renumbered my releases accordingly.
Profile Image
1 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14157356/ Zipping, Zapping, Zooming BATS

2 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14088914/ Balloon ANIMALS

3 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14160969/ Arthur's PET Business

4 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14079070/ Letting Loose the HOUNDS: Stories

5 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14125007/ Sing And Read Storybook: The ANTS Go Marching

6 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13260051/ SlumDOG Millionaire: The Shooting Script

7 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14147475/ Harry P[OTTER] and the Order of the PHOENIX

8 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14082474/ HORSE Care Fast Facts Q & A

9 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14081324/ The Secret of the SEAL

10 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14126877/ My Weird School Special: BUNNY Double, We're in Trouble!

11 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14124757/ The Tale of Benjamin BUNNY

12 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14128931/ Mrs. Frisby and the RATS of NIMH

13 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14156241/ Little BEAR's Trousers

14 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13879416/ Good DOG, Carl

15 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14079640/ Baby Touch and Feel: ANIMALS

16 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13091036/ Polar BEAR, Polar BEAR, What Do You Hear?

17 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14116362/ The Tale of Peter RABBIT

18 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14144445/ The Valley of HORSES

19 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13794319/ The Adventures of Unc' Billy POSSUM

20 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14106532/ Pride of LIONS

21 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13090987/ This Little PIGgy: A Read Along With Elmo Book
Profile Image
It's a start!
#1 - Viper - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14167973/
The title of the book in English would be the Viper's knot word to word but it's probably more the Viper's nest. I have a couple more to gather to have my 20 releases but i'm working on it!
Profile Image

I start...

-1_ Araignée / Spider http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13240958 Les traces de l'araignée
-2_ Chat / Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14103281 Les contes du chat perché
-3_ Cheval / Horse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14145585 Les chevaliers du chaudron (themed pics)
-4_ Cobra http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740315 La tête du cobra
-5_ Corbeau / Raven http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13885298 Le rocher aux corbeaux
-6_ Escargot / Snail http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12264654 L'amateur d'escargot
-7_ Faucon / Falson http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14103279 Le faucon déniché
-8_ Fou / Gannet http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13046135 Le méandre du fou
-9_ Fourmi / Ant http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12409091 Les fourmis
-10_ Hirondelle / Swallow http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13950148 Journal d'hirondelle
-11_ Lièvre / Hare http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12354074 Le lièvre de Vatanen
-12_ Louve / She-wolf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13269705 Le bal des louves
-13_ Oie des neiges / Snow goose http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14000845 Les oies des neiges
-14_ Ombre / Grayling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14084762 La forêt des ombres
-15_ Ombre / Grayling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13689686 Une ombre sur la ville
-16_ Pie / Magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12682858 Le sang des PIErres
-17_ Pigeon http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13845664 L'oeil du pigeon
-18_ Pou / Louse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844392 Et il ne restera que POUssière
-19_ Rat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12450238 La fiancée du dieu Rat
-20_ Saumon / Salmon http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12648595 Comment voyager avec un saumon
-21_ Souris / Mouse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14145571 La souris bleue
-22_ Têtard / Tadpole http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13456583 Le têtard
-23_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14142824 Le vieux qui ne voulait pas fêter son anniVERsaire
-24_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12431184 Un jour tu VERras...
-25_ Vipère / Viper http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844137 Vipère au poing
Profile Image
1. aardvark, zebra: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13867577/ ), Aardvarks to Zebras, photo.

2. nit: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13867585/ ), vaNITy Fair, multiple challenges, photo.

3. sparrow: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13867611/ ), The Sparrow, multiple challenges, photo.

4. dog: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13776119/ ), To Say Nothing of the Dog, photo.

5. cat: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13867588/ ), James Herriot's Cat Stories, photo.

6. lion: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13867642/ ), The Lion , the Witch, and the Wardrobe, multiple challenges, photo.
Profile Image
Profile Image
1. Hen
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13957623 The kitchHEN God's wife
2. Crow
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13166030 La fiancée des CORBEAUX
3. Pheasant
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13166018 L'homme est un grand FAISAN sur terre
4. Dinosaur
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13165411 Des DINOSAURES pour la comtesse

Profile Image
4 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14176026/ The Men Who Stare at GOATS
Profile Image
-26_ Chevaux / Horses http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14025391 L'homme qui murmurait à l'oreille des chevaux
-27_ Fou / Gannet http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14025389 Le pendule de FOUcault
-28_ Pie / Magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13732308 PIErre sacrée
-29_ Scorpio http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14025392 L'illusion Scorpio
Profile Image
-30_ Crabe / Crab http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581957 Vie et mort d'un crabe
-31_ Crocodile http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581979 Crocodiles
-32_ Goéland / Gull http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581975 Jonathan Livingston le goéland
-33_ Pinson / Finch http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13632095 Mimi Pinson
-34_ Pinson / Finch http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13860218 Mimi Pinson
-35_ Poulpe / Octopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13576151 La Poulpe: Nazis dans le métro
-36_ Poulpe / Ostopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581960 Le Poulpe: J'aurai ta Pau
-37_ Poulpe / Ostopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581981 Le Poulpe: La cerise sur le gâteux
-38_ Poulpe / Ostopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581959 Le Poulpe: La petite écuyère a cafté
-39_ Poulpe / Ostopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13582011 Le Poulpe: La petite écuyère a cafté
-40_ Poulpe / Ostopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581961 Le Poulpe: Les pis rennais
-41_ Poulpe / Ostopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581978 Le Poulpe: Les pis rennais
-42_ Poulpe / Ostopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581958 Le Poulpe: Vainqueurs et cons vaincue
-43_ Veau / Calf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581956 Le pauvre nouVEAU est arrivé
-44_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581962 VERsion originale
-45_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581980 VERsion originale
Profile Image
-46_ Ane / Ass http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10190335 L'amant du poivre d'âne
-47_ Ane / Ass http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14052555 L'âne Culotte (themed pics)
-48_ Antilope / Antelope http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13180634 La reine Antilope
-49_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844303 Les joyaux du pARAdis
-50_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12363114 Les pARAdisiaques
-51_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740160 Mr pARAdise
-52_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844594 pARAdis
-53_ Bête / Beast http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12999513 La bête quaternaire
-54_ Bête / Beast http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12525666 Le nom de la bête
-55_ Chacal / Jackal http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13180724 Chacal
-56_ Chamelle / She-camel http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13107175 Chamelle
-57_ Chien / Dog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13062079 Lâchons les chiens
-58_ Crabe / Crab http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740200 La nébuleuse du crabe
-59_ Danois / Great Dane http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12999516 L'été des Danois
-60_ Hérisson / Hedgehog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740204 Du hérisson
-61_ Hérisson / Hedgehog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12525658 L'élégance du hérisson
-62_ Huître / Oyster http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12684232 La triste fin du petit Enfant Huître
-63_ Lièvre / Hare http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12513383 Le lièvre de Vatanen
-64_ Loup / Wolf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844373 Le loup blanc
-65_ Loup / Wolf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844541 Le pacte des loups
-66_ Ombre / Grayling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12988579 Au pays des ombres
-67_ Ombre / Grayling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844134 L'ombre du vent
-68_ Perroquet / Parrot http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12829182 Le théorème du perroquet
-69_ Pie / Magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12844322 Le tailleur de PIErre
-70_ Pou / Louse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12999519 Demande à la POUssière
-71_ Poulet / Chicken http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12999510 Un poulet chez les spectres
-72_ Singe / Monkey http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13111671 Trois petits singes et puis s'en vont
-73_ Tortue / Turtle http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12648572 La valse lente des tortues
-74_ Veau / Calf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13191017 Une fille dans un caVEAU (themed pics)
-75_ Vive / Weever http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12363079 VIVEment dimanche
-76_ Zèbre / Zebra http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13109249 Le zèbre
Profile Image
1 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14097700/ Disney Whisker Haven PETs and Paws
2 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13975724/ Junie B., First Grader: Dumb BUNNY
3 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13675989/ The Magic School Bus and the BUTTERFLY Bunch
4 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13628761/ Mrs. Frisbee and the RATs of NIMH
5 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14057733/ BEAST Quest #3: Cypher the Mountain Giant
6 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10264485/ Don't Let the PIGEON Stay Up Late!
7 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11335303/ The Sinister PIG
8 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13291304/ The BUNNY Race
9 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13416459/ Girls Acting CATty
10-http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13080183/ The Little Wild DUCKLINGs
Profile Image
Of course, you're always welcome.
Profile Image
7. devil: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13867609/ ), The Devil in the White City, photo. [Update: caught!]

8. creature: ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13867558/ ), Poems of Creatures Large and Small, themed release, photo.
Profile Image
THIS is what all of the RUCKUS, MYSTERY, and INTRIGUE has been about!!! : D

Unfortunately, while in reality it is virtually unknown to me whether my Animal Releases #1-26 were actually on a plane and not a truck...according to the USPS Tracking site, as of 11:24 AM this morning, they HAVE been delivered as a SURPRISE RABCK DAYBRIGHTENER to another participant of this very Challenge!!! ; )

HOWEVER...I am not going to be posting them here, because they will NOT count toward MY Wild Release book total (must get busy registering, labeling, and finding release locations for my books this weekend!), because I didn't register them. I wanted to be able to provide additional books to fill an LFL with badly needed Children's Books, along with increasing the registration total of this BCer to help continue the celebration of them reaching 11,000 Books Registered a few months ago when they were in a "race" with another BCer...WHAT a FEAT!!! : D

Saved a little bit of Mystery for you though...wait for it...
Profile Image
THIS is what all of the RUCKUS, MYSTERY, and INTRIGUE has been about!!! : D

Unfortunately, while in reality it is virtually unknown to me whether my Animal Releases #1-26 were actually on a plane and not a truck...according to the USPS Tracking site, as of 11:24 AM this morning, they HAVE been delivered as a SURPRISE RABCK DAYBRIGHTENER to another participant of this very Challenge!!! ; )

HOWEVER...I am not going to be posting them here, because they will NOT count toward MY Wild Release book total (must get busy registering, labeling, and finding release locations for my books this weekend!), because I didn't register them. I wanted to be able to provide additional books to fill an LFL with badly needed Children's Books, along with increasing the registration total of this BCer to help continue the celebration of them reaching 11,000 Books Registered a few months ago when they were in a "race" with another BCer...WHAT a FEAT!!! : D

Saved a little bit of Mystery for you though...wait for it...

Woohoo!!!! Got the books a few hours ago and flabbergasted, you are so great! Loved all of the little notes, postcards etc. Yes! I am going to register them and then start releasing maybe as soon as tomorrow. Tnx again my bcing friend!!!!!
Profile Image
Yes! I am going to register them and then start releasing maybe as soon as tomorrow.

Was hoping that would keep you out of trouble this weekend!!! : D

Tnx again my bcing friend!!!!!

My exTREME pleasure!!! ; ) Happy I was able to do this. BeHAVE yourself this time! : D...I SO LOVE BookCrossing, and it's because of all of the wonderful BCers like you and those in this and other Challenges and Forums, sha. ; )

And...here it is...the last part of the Mystery. Not only has the recipient been revealed here, but now I can tell you that the special pack of BC labels (they seemed the most "kid friendly" available), actually had 26 in the pack, instead of the usual 25. For that reason, I set 26 books aside, but I now know I DID only put 25 in, because the "Cat" was hiding under the little Minnie Mouse Dress I designed and made for my little Granddaughter's 2nd Birthday on the ironing board where I packed the box. Also, the "technical details" I was checking on up above there involved confirming that LFL's were allowed (should help you still participate now even with your current mobility issues) ...AND...verifying whether or not cover pictures were allowed, which I now know are not. With that in mind, not all of the books will count, but I think you'll have the required 20. ; ) Most importantly, since LFL's usually have a fairly small space capacity, I thought those were PERfect..since most are very thin! : ) HAPPY "YOU'RE SUCH AN ANIMAL" FUN ALL, and thanks for your patience with the long posts here!!! Couldn't think of a better place to post that would include all of you BC "ANIMALS"...what great releases already! ; ) By the way...wouldn't "gator" be considered "slang" that IS allowed, sha? Back to review the rules again! ; )
Profile Image
By the way...wouldn't "gator" be considered "slang" that IS allowed, sha? Back to review the rules again! ; )

Nope. Specifically listed on the words that don't count. Sorry.
Profile Image
1. RABBIT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11922976 Mrs. Peter Rabbit (multiple challenges)
2. CAT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12157506 Cat’s Eye Corner (multiple challenges)
3. RACCOON http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12127824 The Adventures of Bobby Raccoon (multiple challenges)

Edited to put in correct format. :-)
Profile Image
1- mammoth
Les chasseurs de mammouths. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14176858
2- bear
L'ours en lambeaux. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14176844
3- the hounds
L'instinct de la meute. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14176892
4-horse
La mort du petit cheval. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14180482
Profile Image
First animals galloping, flying and ambling out the door!

1. River-HORSE http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6304931/
2. Lone EAGLE http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14045786/
3. the night the BEAR ate goombaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14044311/
4. the ASSociate http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8454252/
Profile Image
I'm in, thanks for organizing this Secretariat!

I just caught a book that elj released for this same challenge. Does it count for me if I release it after reading it?
Profile Image

I just caught a book that elj released for this same challenge. Does it count for me if I release it after reading it?

Yes!!! You can re release it and you don't have to read it.
Profile Image

Yes!!! You can re release it and you don't have to read it.

Thanks for the answer! :)
Reading it is an additional, personal rule. I really don't like to release books that I haven't read. :)
Profile Image

Welcome, glad to have you. Yes, you may release it and get credit for the release.

Congratulations to elj on your catch.
Profile Image

Welcome, glad to have you. Yes, you may release it and get credit for the release.

Congratulations to elj on your catch.

Thanks for your answer! :)
I caught two more of elj's books today, which if I'm not mistaken brings me to the 20 books needed for this challenge! :) Now I need to release them.
Profile Image
I caught two more of elj's books today.
She is totally out of control right now, I love her..!...d:p
Profile Image

# 1-4

#1. Rhinoceros http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14171522/
#2. Beetle http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14171514/ (Le scarabée d'or - The golden bug)
#4. Mouse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14178695/ (Le secret de la petite souris - The little mouse's secret)
#4. Rat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14178688/ (RATatouille)
Profile Image
5. Duck
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14178741/ η ΠΑΠΙσσα Ιωάννα τόμος Α
6. Duck
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14178746/ η ΠΑΠΙσσα Ιωάννα τόμος Β
7. Lamb
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14178730/ Μόνο το ΑΡΝΙ
8. Wolf
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177954/ Danse avec les LOUPS
9. Zebra
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177699/ Le ZÈBRE
10. Worm
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177691/ La traVERsière
11. Fish
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177418/ El PEZ sigue flotando
12. Donkey
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177362/ L'ÂNE culotte
13. Owl
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177357/ Cri de la CHOUETTE
14. Hawk
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177341/ TomaHAWK
Profile Image
15. Bee
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13617624 The secret life of BEES
16. Rat
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13839058 RegeneRATion
17. Hare
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177742 Le LIÈVRE de Vatanen
18. Heron
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12881641 L'envol du HÉRON
Profile Image
19. Angel
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13923390/ A quiet belief in ANGELS
20. Mouse
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177352/ La SOURIS bleue
21. Otter
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177343/ From pOTTER's field
22. Giraffe
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12999593/ Les larmes de la GIRAFE
Profile Image
23. Blackbird
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177402 L'affreux pastis de la rue des MERLES
24. Whale
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14177708 The WHALE rider
25. Grouse
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14178754 La chasse aux COQS DE BRUYÈRE
Profile Image
26. Angel
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13923156 Η τελευταία δυναστεία των ΑΓΓΕΛΩΝ
27. Mermaid
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13923092 The MERMAIDS singing
28. Snake
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13831896 oi peripeteies tou nearou serlok cholms: to dagkoma tou FIDIOU
29. Snake & Scorpion
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14182847 ΦΙΔΙΑ στο ΣΚΟΡΠΙΟ
30. Golden Retriever
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14182847 Τα πάντα για το ΓΚΟΛΝΤΕΝ ΡΙΤΡΙΒΕΡ
Profile Image
-77_ Crocodile http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13002243 Un crocodile sur un banc de sable
-78_ Lion http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13632108 Le lion (themed pics)
-79_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13107182 A visage couVERt
-80_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13038677 L'échelle de VERre
Profile Image
-81_ Animal http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13038716 Déloger l'animal
-82_ Bécasse / Woodcock http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13628085 Contes de la bécasse
-83_ Bête / Beast http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13180663 La bête qui sommeille
-84_ Chat / Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13729630 Il est très difficile d'attraper un chat (themed pics)
-85_ Chauve-souris / Bat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12409050 L'homme chauve-souris (themed pics)
-86_ Cheval / Horse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13517678 Le chevalier inexistant (themed pics)
-87_ Chien / Dog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581964 Le bizarre incident du chien pendant la nuit (themed pics)
-88_ Coucou / Cuckoo http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13038646 L'appel du coucou
-89_ Couteau / Razor shell http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14060188 Portrait d'homme couteau
-90_ Crabe / Crab http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13038669 En crabe
-91_ Ombre / Grayling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13628079 L'enfant ombre
-92_ Pélican http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14088676 L'affaire Pélican (themed pics)
-93_ Pie / Magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13846425 PIErre et Jean
-94_ Pie / Magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13421140 Le bâtiment de PIErre
-95_ Pigeon http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13628077 Le pigeon
-96_ Pou / Louse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13062078 L'éPOUse hollandaise
-97_ Rat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13581966 ModeRATo cantabile
-98_ Rhinocéros http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14060205 Rhinocéros
-99_ Sardine / Pilchard http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13421154 Le fils de la sardine (themed pics)
-100_ Seiche / Cuttlefish http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740056 La seiche
-101_ Vive / Weever http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13038706 Ils VIVEnt la nuit

1 2 3 4 5 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.