Complete Thread

Profile Image
...I'll try to do better this year. :)
Profile Image

Question

This sounds like a fun challenge.

Would you consider being a bit more flexible about this rule:
"Please don't post until after they are actually released."

I have a Little Free Library and release all my books at night either the day before or two days before I take them out to my Little Free Library bookshelf. I do this to keep my bookkeeping time to a minimum (i.e. I can do the journaling all at once). I also do this so that the followers of my Little Free Library Facebook page can see what books will be arriving in the next day or two. It really does keep interest up! :)

If I wait to post until the day each book actually goes out, it will be too confusing for me to go back and forth with my entries. I'd prefer to do the journaling for each book at the same time.

May I still participate in this challenge, or will this disqualify me from participating?

Whatever you decide will be fine.
Profile Image
I'm sorry it took so long to answer but I've really been thinking about this one.

It really is a big pet peeve of mine when people post that they are going to release a book in the future, which is why I added that rule. So... I guess I'd better stick with the rule as it does drive me crazy when I see it in other people's challenges.

Sorry. I hope that you can join us anyway.
Profile Image
It really is a big pet peeve of mine when people post that they are going to release a book in the future, which is why I added that rule. So... I guess I'd better stick with the rule as it does drive me crazy when I see it in other people's challenges.

That's fine. I won't be joining your challenge as i journal all my books prior to release, and I don't want to come back later to make yet more entries on the same books. I'll either find other challenges to do or just skip challenges completely. No problem.

Thanks for the reply.
Profile Image
That's fine. I won't be joining your challenge as i journal all my books prior to release, and I don't want to come back later to make yet more entries on the same books.

I don't think she meant that the actual journal entries/release-notes have to be made after the fact, just that the books shouldn't be listed in this thread until they've actually been released. [Attn solittetime: if you DID mean that you don't want us to make release notes in advance, I'll have to remove a lot of my releases from your challenge threads - I often make the release notes in advance, but I only post the books in the challenge threads after the releases have actually been done. Is that within the spirit of the rules?]
Profile Image
That's fine. I won't be joining your challenge as i journal all my books prior to release, and I don't want to come back later to make yet more entries on the same books.

I don't think she meant that the actual journal entries/release-notes have to be made after the fact, just that the books shouldn't be listed in this thread until they've actually been released]

I'm going to try to do what you do, Gory, although I release books daily. Going back after the fact gets to be confusing for me as I do my all pre-releases at least a couple of days ahead. If it gets too confusing, I'll just stop adding releases to the challenge.
Profile Image
just that the books shouldn't be listed in this thread until they've actually been released.

Exactly! I'm fine with making release notes in advance, but ask that they be posted here only after actually released.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about that.
Profile Image
Thanks for hosting yet another wonderful challenge!
Profile Image
blind
invisible

Would they be acceptable?
Profile Image
blind
invisible

Again, I'm sorry, but I don't think so.
Profile Image
blind
invisible

Again, I'm sorry, but I don't think so.

Thanks for the reply.
Profile Image
Icy?
I'm torn about this, because it might open it up to words like 'wet' or dry, rough, smooth. They are descriptive words, but something feels icy when we touch it. Hmm. Thoughts?
Profile Image
Icy?
I'm torn about this, because it might open it up to words like 'wet' or dry, rough, smooth. They are descriptive words, but something feels icy when we touch it. Hmm. Thoughts?

No, I'm sorry, but then I'd have to open it up to how we perceive what we hear and see, etc. I don't think this fits the way the challenge is structured right now.
Profile Image
Icy?

No, I'm sorry, but then I'd have to open it up to how we perceive what we hear and see, etc. I don't think this fits the way the challenge is structured right now.

Sounds very reasonable, and kind of what I was leaning towards in my question.
Profile Image

I'm in!

Glad this is back. I have a box of books set aside waiting....
Profile Image
That's great!
Profile Image

Hmm?

I'm thinking I might join your challenge after all although I'm not sure I'll remember to post all of the relevant books after I release them. :)
Profile Image
I'm thinking I might join your challenge after all

That's great! I hope you join us.
Profile Image

I'm in :)

I should be able to find a few books that qualify.
Profile Image
Would the word "blind" be acceptable?

Thanks ~
Profile Image
Would the word "blind" be acceptable?

Thanks ~

No, I'm sorry. Someone already asked about blind and I don't think it applies.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.