I’m at least the third hostess for this weekly challenge, which has been continuous for many, many years.
GUIDELINES AND RULES:
Each Saturday (or on occasion on Friday) a book cover is posted as the theme for the coming week. The object is to find books with the themed cover for the week and release them within the week. For instance, the week’s theme might be cover with a pen showing on the cover (modern or quill) or the word pen within the title of the book; or the colors yellow and pink showing on the cover; or authors named Christopher.
Sometimes we will have a “Mystery Namer” – someone other than me who will set up the challenge. Just PM me if you would like to be a “Mystery Namer” and let me know which week you would like to do so.
1) Saturday (in US and Canada) is the overlap day when either the previous week's cover can be released or the new cover can be released. FOR EUROPE, Sunday is the overlap day.
2) Both the front and the back of the book are considered “the cover,” so pictures on the back are acceptable.
3) Any kind of release is OK but only catches from wild releases will count.
4) Each person must keep track of their releases each week which must be posted here with a link to the JE. PLEASE DO NOT go back and edit a previous post and add more releases to it, but make a new post for releases of any given week.
5) If you wild release a book and it gets caught then you have a release counted and a catch counted. However, if the person who caught the book releases it and it gets caught again - that's not another catch for you since you didn't do the second release.
6) When you have a cover which could work for 2 consecutive weeks, then you must to decide which week to count it for as a release (remember that it’s only one book and can only be counted once).
7) Anyone is welcome to join this challenge at any time and you can participate as much as you like. You can begin on Week 1 or Week 31 or Week 51, whichever suits you.
IF YOU DON’T WISH TO BE A MYSTERY NAMER, YOU CAN SEND ME SUGGESTIONS FOR BOOK COVERS! I will periodically use them.