corner corner Premier League Bookcrossing

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Premier League Bookcrossing

I have thought of a way to combine my two favourite hobbies - bookcrossing and football.
So,this season the English premier league will contain teams from 13 different towns.Points will be awarded for wild releases in any of these towns,1 point for anywhere in the town,3 points for a release at a professional football ground.The challenge will take place for the length of the football season(8th August - 15 may) and the towns are as follows : Birmingham,Bournemouth,Leicester,Liverpool,London,Manchester,Newcastle,Norwich,
Southampton,Stoke,Sunderland,Swansea,Watford.
Anyone up for some away days!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have thought of a way to combine my two favourite hobbies - bookcrossing and football.
So,this season the English premier league will contain teams from 13 different towns.Points will be awarded for wild releases in any of these towns,1 point for anywhere in the town,3 points for a release at a professional football ground.The challenge will take place for the length of the football season(8th August - 15 may) and the towns are as follows : Birmingham,Bournemouth,Leicester,Liverpool,London,Manchester,Newcastle,Norwich,
Southampton,Stoke,Sunderland,Swansea,Watford.
Anyone up for some away days!
Profile Image
and have previously released at St James'. Who knows the opportunity may arise again this season :)

I'm in.
Profile Image
Welcome aboard.You are in with a good chance so far.
Profile Image
Only a week until the start of the season,and we have less players than Blackpool FC !
Profile Image
Only a week until the start of the season,and we have less players than Blackpool FC !

I don't mean to sound negative but I suggest that you won't get a huge number of participants. For starters, the very nature of the challenge means that only Bookcrossers that live in the UK can participate, which excludes the vast majority of Bookcrossers who live elsewhere. And of those UK-based Bookcrossers, an even smaller subset will have the books, geographical mobility or inclination to join in.

But having said that, a small challenge doesn't necessarily mean a bad one!
Profile Image
Looking on the bright side though,you are also second in the league!
Profile Image

RE: London

A catch as well.
Profile Image
A catch as well.

Brill - you should get at least 1 point for a goal ;-)
Profile Image
I can only manage a few away games during the season as I work most Saturday nights, but can certainly release at my home ground (Southampton FC) as I'm a STH. We're at home next Sunday & I have the perfect book to release!
Profile Image
Welcome aboard,nice to have another player.
Profile Image
Had hoped to get to London but that hasn't come off ........yet :)

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13616816 1pt

Total 2pts
Profile Image
Again!!

I tried to release this at a Bookcrossing Meet in Leeds but couldn't tempt anyone so brought it home and scored another point :)

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13619520/

Total 3pts
Profile Image
Needlepoint for Presents by Anna Pearson http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13677606/ 1pt

Total 4pts
Profile Image

Birmingham

Http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13695006
1point,total 11 pts.
Nice avatar Diane-Fraser.
Profile Image
Http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13695006
1point,total 11 pts.
Nice avatar Diane-Fraser.

It was. I have changed it once more. Believe it or not it is snow in Spain - taken from the mountain with the houses and sea below. The next day was sunny with blue skies again !
Profile Image
Making Money by Terry Pratchett http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13687438/ 1pt

total = 5pts
Profile Image
Another one caught.Good going Diane-Fraser.
Profile Image
Another one caught.Good going Diane-Fraser.

Well done. I can't recall the last time I had a wild catch!

Profile Image
Think I am in danger of relegation, just like Newcastle ;-)
Profile Image
Been travelling a bit recently,so managed to get a few in.
Profile Image
Slightly off-topic but I thought if any Bookcrossers were interested they would be taking part in this.

I've got the first three Secret Footballer books which I've just read all in a row. I was thinking of setting up a UK bookray to pass them on.

Sorry I didn't join this release challenge. I go to most Arsenal home games. Never released a book at the Emirates though.
Profile Image
Thanks for the offer Poodlesister,though personally I am not really into bookrays,rings etc.If you do decide to release at the Emirates,you are welcome to come and join the fun - it might be nice for the Arsenal fans to have something interesting to look at too ;)
Profile Image
Slightly off-topic but I thought if any Bookcrossers were interested they would be taking part in this.

I've got the first three Secret Footballer books which I've just read all in a row. I was thinking of setting up a UK bookray to pass them on.

Sorry I didn't join this release challenge. I go to most Arsenal home games. Never released a book at the Emirates though.

Thanks for the offer. Not for me either - ssssh, don't tell anyone but I'm not really in to football. Good job really as my hubbie is giving up his season tickets for Newcastle. I passed the Arsenal ground coming in on the train today, unfortunately I didn't get to release my book there though and I could have done with the extra points too!!
Profile Image
Yes London! Finally, I got out of Newcastle ;-)

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13773498 1pt

Total = 7pts
Profile Image

London

Http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13886476
3pts.Total 21 pts.
One for Poodlesister.
Profile Image
Thank you!
Profile Image

Stoke

Profile Image
Managed to sneak one in on the last day of the season.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14003481
3 pts.total 31pts
Profile Image

It is now

Thanks for your efforts Diane-Fraser,hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Profile Image
Thanks for your efforts Diane-Fraser,hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

I didn't get to travel as much as I'd hoped but your challenge encouraged me to wild release a couple more than I would have done.

I'll try join in again next season if you run it. Though my Newcastle releases won't count then :)

Profile Image
I suspect that this may be a one season wonder.
Profile Image
I suspect that this may be a one season wonder.

Shame :(

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.