corner corner 2014 You're Such An Animal Release Challenge

Forum | << Release Challenges | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2014 You're Such An Animal Release Challenge

The 2014 You're Such an Animal Release Challenge begins at 12:01 a.m. (your time) on September 1, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (your time) on October 5, 2014 (in order to include “World Animal Day” on October 4 and then finish the weekend). This is the 11th year for this challenge, and each year has been loads of fun.

It’s easy. Just WILD release at least 20 books where the name of the book has within it the name of some kind of animal (not human), insect, or reptile. Any once-living animal or mammal (except man) will do—cat, dog, chicken, wolf, tiger, monkey, insects, lizards, arachnids, birds, dinosaurs, creature, and beast are acceptable words. You can use the gender names of animals and the baby names animals, too: mare, stallion, pup, kitten, kitty, puppy, pony, kid, etc. I even allow mythical creatures (phoenix, griffin, mermaid, dragon, etc.) Books entitled “The Cat in the Hat,” “Along Came a Spider,” “The Mouse That Roared,” “The Monkey House” and “A Bird in the Hand” are all good. However, a book titled “Rin Tin Tin” doesn’t work because although it’s a story about a dog, it does not have the word “dog” in the title. Embedded words are also acceptable (i.e., KIDnapped, LASSie, The SHADe of the Moon). Though controlled releases are not allowed, releases to any official OBCZ is satisfactory because OBCZs are somewhat Wild in that you never know who will be picking up the books.

You may use foreign (non-English) titles—but the title must be translated into English when you put down the link. Translations must be as the author would have intended them (so if there is more than one meaning to a word and one of those meanings is an animal, it can only be used if the author would have intended it).

In the past, there have been members who have issued special challenges within the Animal Challenge, for instance, releasing only one book of each kind of animal or only books with the word cat in them, or you may wish to theme your releases (i.e., The Rats of NIMH released at a science lab). I’m not requiring any of these, but will take note of any extra releasing complexities in the challenge and will give extra credit for creativity and difficulty, so PLEASE be sure to let me know when you add pics of the books released or when you do themed releases. There will be WINGS awarded at the completion of the contest for the winners.

Each link you give for your released books should look like this:

#6. Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3243651. (Themed release with pic)

It must tell me which number book you are releasing and the kind of animal. Credit is given <b>only</b> for number of books, not number of animals released per title. If you release “The Wolf and the Dove” you get only one credit because you are releasing only one book. Again, be sure to let me know if you’ve themed your releases, put pics of the releases in your release notes, or do any other things which I might give extra credit for. Come and join the fun. Everyone is welcome.

Here are more specific answers to some questions asked in the past:

The following are okay:

Release more than one copy of an animal book or duplicates of the same animal
Animals of all sorts (mammals, fish, birds, bugs)
The gender of any of those animals (drake, mare, stallion)
Breeds: maltese, yorkshire, palomino, etc.

The following words are good:

Angel
Devil
Dragon
Ghost
Vampire
Animal
Mammal
Beast
Hound
bait (because bait can be a fish or previously living animal)
game
creature
serpent
Fowl
Pet
Ass
Cattle
bug
insect
Reptile
cootie (or louse)
slang (Kitty, Puss, Doggy, etc., but spelled correctly)
all the 'baby' animal names are acceptable (duckling, cygnet, pup etc...)
plural (ants, dogs, Appaloosas etc...)
Spellings must be correct (cat not Kat, lion not Lyon)
No abbreviations (alligator, not gator; dinosaur, not dino)
embedded animals are okay (harry pOTTER or clASS, etc- -
embedded animal has to fit the language. (so, German animal in a German title, etc.) -
embedded also has to be in ONE word, not across spaces.
embedded--can be in the subtitle (even if it doesn’t show in the original book title, BUT be sure it is in your journal entry)
Readers' Digest or other book collections okay as long as one of the titles has an animal in it and the title is shown on the front (or spine) of the book must be in the title (not the author)
the animal has to match the language (so Spanish book must have a Spanish animal name)

The words below won't count:

gator (must be alligator)
coon (must be racoon or dog, if it means a coon dog)
Capricorn, Leo, Taurus (the Zodiac signs)
Prey
Wild
monster
fiddler
groups (like gaggle - - geese is ok, gaggle by itself is not)

List of Those Participating in 2014:

AlterEgoZoe
awaywithfairies
bookczuk
BruceAlexander
Di_K
elisala
elj
e-marmotte
eponine38
glory-to-glory
GoryDetails
hyphen8
Jake700
keeta1
kissyberlin
Korky
maggiemuffet
Maralin
NancyNova
PlumCrazy
PrettyPoodle
Secretariat
sha
solittletime
starrdust
tabby-cat-owner
tomato68
Tribefan
varykino

Complete Thread

1 2 3 4 Next 

Profile Image
The 2014 You're Such an Animal Release Challenge begins at 12:01 a.m. (your time) on September 1, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (your time) on October 5, 2014 (in order to include “World Animal Day” on October 4 and then finish the weekend). This is the 11th year for this challenge, and each year has been loads of fun.

It’s easy. Just WILD release at least 20 books where the name of the book has within it the name of some kind of animal (not human), insect, or reptile. Any once-living animal or mammal (except man) will do—cat, dog, chicken, wolf, tiger, monkey, insects, lizards, arachnids, birds, dinosaurs, creature, and beast are acceptable words. You can use the gender names of animals and the baby names animals, too: mare, stallion, pup, kitten, kitty, puppy, pony, kid, etc. I even allow mythical creatures (phoenix, griffin, mermaid, dragon, etc.) Books entitled “The Cat in the Hat,” “Along Came a Spider,” “The Mouse That Roared,” “The Monkey House” and “A Bird in the Hand” are all good. However, a book titled “Rin Tin Tin” doesn’t work because although it’s a story about a dog, it does not have the word “dog” in the title. Embedded words are also acceptable (i.e., KIDnapped, LASSie, The SHADe of the Moon). Though controlled releases are not allowed, releases to any official OBCZ is satisfactory because OBCZs are somewhat Wild in that you never know who will be picking up the books.

You may use foreign (non-English) titles—but the title must be translated into English when you put down the link. Translations must be as the author would have intended them (so if there is more than one meaning to a word and one of those meanings is an animal, it can only be used if the author would have intended it).

In the past, there have been members who have issued special challenges within the Animal Challenge, for instance, releasing only one book of each kind of animal or only books with the word cat in them, or you may wish to theme your releases (i.e., The Rats of NIMH released at a science lab). I’m not requiring any of these, but will take note of any extra releasing complexities in the challenge and will give extra credit for creativity and difficulty, so PLEASE be sure to let me know when you add pics of the books released or when you do themed releases. There will be WINGS awarded at the completion of the contest for the winners.

Each link you give for your released books should look like this:

#6. Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3243651. (Themed release with pic)

It must tell me which number book you are releasing and the kind of animal. Credit is given <b>only</b> for number of books, not number of animals released per title. If you release “The Wolf and the Dove” you get only one credit because you are releasing only one book. Again, be sure to let me know if you’ve themed your releases, put pics of the releases in your release notes, or do any other things which I might give extra credit for. Come and join the fun. Everyone is welcome.

Here are more specific answers to some questions asked in the past:

The following are okay:

Release more than one copy of an animal book or duplicates of the same animal
Animals of all sorts (mammals, fish, birds, bugs)
The gender of any of those animals (drake, mare, stallion)
Breeds: maltese, yorkshire, palomino, etc.

The following words are good:

Angel
Devil
Dragon
Ghost
Vampire
Animal
Mammal
Beast
Hound
bait (because bait can be a fish or previously living animal)
game
creature
serpent
Fowl
Pet
Ass
Cattle
bug
insect
Reptile
cootie (or louse)
slang (Kitty, Puss, Doggy, etc., but spelled correctly)
all the 'baby' animal names are acceptable (duckling, cygnet, pup etc...)
plural (ants, dogs, Appaloosas etc...)
Spellings must be correct (cat not Kat, lion not Lyon)
No abbreviations (alligator, not gator; dinosaur, not dino)
embedded animals are okay (harry pOTTER or clASS, etc- -
embedded animal has to fit the language. (so, German animal in a German title, etc.) -
embedded also has to be in ONE word, not across spaces.
embedded--can be in the subtitle (even if it doesn’t show in the original book title, BUT be sure it is in your journal entry)
Readers' Digest or other book collections okay as long as one of the titles has an animal in it and the title is shown on the front (or spine) of the book must be in the title (not the author)
the animal has to match the language (so Spanish book must have a Spanish animal name)

The words below won't count:

gator (must be alligator)
coon (must be racoon or dog, if it means a coon dog)
Capricorn, Leo, Taurus (the Zodiac signs)
Prey
Wild
monster
fiddler
groups (like gaggle - - geese is ok, gaggle by itself is not)

List of Those Participating in 2014:

AlterEgoZoe
awaywithfairies
bookczuk
BruceAlexander
Di_K
elisala
elj
e-marmotte
eponine38
glory-to-glory
GoryDetails
hyphen8
Jake700
keeta1
kissyberlin
Korky
maggiemuffet
Maralin
NancyNova
PlumCrazy
PrettyPoodle
Secretariat
sha
solittletime
starrdust
tabby-cat-owner
tomato68
Tribefan
varykino
Profile Image
Wahoo! I'm in! (I intentionally set my "Travel/Transport" challenge to run 'til mid-September with an eye towards some multi-challenge releases, what with so many forms of transport being animals...)
Profile Image
Since I currently have my brother's unwanted books to go through, I'm hoping I'll be able to make 20 this year!
Profile Image

Questions

Alien? Extraterrestrial?
Profile Image
Alien? Extraterrestrial?

No, neither would be animals as we know them and ET was supposed to be a plant, not an animal.
Profile Image
Alien? Extraterrestrial?

No, neither would be animals as we know them and ET was supposed to be a plant, not an animal.

He was? I missed that part.

Ok, Barlowe's will go out this month instead, then.

Although..I just realized that there's an embedded rat in extRATerrestrial! ;)
Profile Image

According to Steven Spielberg, he was a plant (thus his love of and regeneration of the sick houseplant).
Profile Image

According to Steven Spielberg, he was a plant (thus his love of and regeneration of the sick houseplant).

Well, when it comes to talking plants from space, I'll take E.T. over Audrey II any day. :)
Profile Image
I don't need reminding to start collecting books for this challenge. After last year's challenge, I never stopped!
Profile Image
After last year's challenge, I never stopped!

Me too!!
Profile Image

Me again

I'm a bit doubtful that I'll manage as many as last year (74) but I'm sure I can at least do 20.
Profile Image
filing cabinet drawer full of them.
Profile Image
Thank you for hosting this, Sec! It looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait for it to start!
Profile Image
Profile Image

I'm in

I have a box set aside with the wild animals rattling around (and some stickers on the embed title books, since I tend to pick it up and wonder - why is it in this box?!)
Profile Image
....I've a few books that I was going to donate to fundraisers & charity shops that fit this challenge. If those releases will count I'll hang onto them & join in.
Profile Image
....I've a few books that I was going to donate to fundraisers & charity shops that fit this challenge. If those releases will count I'll hang onto them & join in.

Yes, I've allowed those in the past.
Profile Image
Begin gathering?
I hope that those I care since last October will be valid...d:p
Profile Image
Begin gathering?
I hope that those I care since last October will be valid...d:p

Always a joy to have you as part of the group. How else will I get my tour of Paris?
Profile Image
How else will I get my tour of Paris?
I hope the weather will improve, it's monsoon here !
Profile Image
How else will I get my tour of Paris?
I hope the weather will improve, it's monsoon here !

Oh, we'd love a monsoon. We're in the midst of a drought. The last one was 7 years. They already started making lots of changes and I expect we won't be allowed to water lawns soon.
Profile Image

Valid?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_(food)
Profile Image
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_(food)

Yes, I'll add it to the "good" words.
Profile Image

I am in!

:)
Profile Image

RE: I am in!

Je sens que je vais en bouffer de la Petite Ceinture..!...d:p (private joke)
Profile Image

:-)
Profile Image

MWAHAHA!
:p
Profile Image
I have an annual ticket for our zoo now, and I intended on doing some animal releases there, so I'm in.
Profile Image
I Don't know if I have 20, but will see what I have and perhaps pay a visit to the charity shop. Thanks for hosting this once again.

Profile Image

I'm in!

Will see how many animals . . . er, I mean books, that I can find on all of these shelves!

Profile Image
as always! Look forward to this every year!!!
Profile Image
Happy book gathering.
Profile Image
Hi Secretariat and everyone!

I haven't been a very diligent bookcrosser and I missed many editions of this great challenge, but I have gathered a few books and would love to participate this year from my new hometown Montauban (after Paris in 2006, Marseille in 2007 and Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in 2012), in honor of our beloved Docfrankus who lost her battle against cancer last month.

As #1 Bookcrosser in France for years, she was our cornerstone and model, and elj's greatest competitor ;o) . She was very fond of the US she often visited, and also participated in challenges including this one.
Sabine was a very generous and warm person whom I had the luck to meet. She will be dearly missed, and I want to dedicate my releases to her memory.*

Thanks for hosting this challenge for so many years, Secretariat!

* In France there will also be a special release in her honor on August 30 in Aix-en-Provence and anywhere else BCers may want.
Profile Image
Hi Secretariat and everyone!

I haven't been a very diligent bookcrosser and I missed many editions of this great challenge, but I have gathered a few books and would love to participate this year from my new hometown Montauban (after Paris in 2006, Marseille in 2007 and Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in 2012), in honor of our beloved Docfrankus who lost her battle against cancer last month.

As #1 Bookcrosser in France for years, she was our cornerstone and model, and elj's greatest competitor ;o) . She was very fond of the US she often visited, and also participated in challenges including this one.
Sabine was a very generous and warm person whom I had the luck to meet. She will be dearly missed, and I want to dedicate my releases to her memory.*

Thanks for hosting this challenge for so many years, Secretariat!

* In France there will also be a special release in her honor on August 30 in Aix-en-Provence and anywhere else BCers may want.

How sad to hear of her death. She was a wonderful addition to my challenges and I so enjoyed having her in the group. She will be missed. I'll find some appropriate books to release in her honor on the 30th. Thanks, so much, for letting us know.
Profile Image
i may not have 20 animal books, but I will do what I can:)
Profile Image
I found a label specifically for this challenge. Here's the link

Here's the link: http://www.wanderingword.com/---/animal.pdf
Profile Image

Thanks, Nancy, I'm sure that will be helpful to lots of us.
Profile Image

I notice the label says Read It! Register It! Release It! on the bottom, so I won't use it. I've had at least a couple of books re-registered where I know it was my book, but it had a new number so I've never heard from it again. I don't want to encourage newbies to think they should Register It.
Profile Image
Will there be a new thread for posting releases or shall we use this one?

The challenge starts in 8 hours where I am (Australia) but I probably won't be making my first release until tomorrow afternoon.
Profile Image
Will there be a new thread for posting releases or shall we use this one?

The challenge starts in 8 hours where I am (Australia) but I probably won't be making my first release until tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be renaming this one in a few minutes, so you'll make your releases here.
Profile Image
Just a quick question: what's the official finish for this year's challenge? The first post seems to have last year's dates...

"October 5, 2013 (in order to include “World Animal Day” on October 4 and then finish the weekend)"

Although October 5 2014 *is* a Sunday!
Profile Image
Just a quick question: what's the official finish for this year's challenge? The first post seems to have last year's dates...

"October 5, 2013 (in order to include “World Animal Day” on October 4 and then finish the weekend)"

The dates in my thread are correct. We end at midnight on the 5th.
Profile Image

It was more the year than anything that threw me. It says 2013 rather than 2014.
Profile Image

It was more the year than anything that threw me. It says 2013 rather than 2014.

Totally overlooked it - twice. Once when making it and once when you brought it up. Sorry. I'll fix it. Thanks for the heads up.
Profile Image
1 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12871091/ What Should I Wear? Said POLAR BEAR
2 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12609139/ Along Came a SPIDER
Profile Image
#1 Wal = Whale http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11792412 (in the window of an aquarium shop - with picture)
Profile Image
1. EFT - Left for Dead ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12707082/ ), multiple challenges, photo.

2. GEESE - Six Geese A-slaying ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12861486/ ), multiple challenges, photo.

3. NAKED MOLE-RAT - The Naked Mole-Rat Letters ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12443322/ ), multiple challenges, photo. And a catch!

4. PRONGHORN - Pronghorns of the Third Reich ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12538389/ ), photo.

And - this one doesn't count, but I thought it was cool; one of my last-year's "Such an Animal" releases, which has done some nice traveling already, got another JE today:

Pig on the Titanic ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12169025/ )
Profile Image
11 - WOLF & SHAD http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12836319/ Wolf in the Shadows
12 - ASS http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840178/ Prairie Grass Murders
13 - SANDPIPER http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843063/ 8 Sandpiper Way
14 - HEN http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12842525/ When the Heart Beckons
15 - EAGLE http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840195/ Through a Gold Eagle
16 - GHOST http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12841750/ Murder on the Ghost Walk
17 - CUR http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840315/ Hell Hath No Curry
18 - BEAR http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843068/ Sidewinders: The Butcher of Bear Creek
19 - REDBIRD http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840307/ A Redbird Christmas
20 - CAT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12665140/ The Cat Came Home for Christmas and Other Romantic Tales
Profile Image

I start...

#1_ Abeille / Bee http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12191688 La vie des abeilles
#2_ Ange / Angelshark http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12191683 L'ange et le réservoir de liquide à freins
#3_ Ange / Angelshark http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11966017 Les cendres d'ANGEla
#4_ Animaux / Animals http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12183620 Tous les petits animaux
#5_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12372841 Il n'y aura pas de pARAdis
#6_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11976860 Tartarin de tARAscon
#7_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12199652 AsmARA et les causes perdues
#8_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12183622 dARA
#9_ Chat / Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11453064 Le chat qui jouait Brahms (themed with the street's name: The Cat Who Fish Street)
#10_ Chat / Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11453059 Le chat qui n'était pas là (themed with the same street)
#11_ Chevaux / Horses http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12199640 On achève bien les chevaux
#12_ Chevaux / Horses http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10311922 Les chevaux l'aimaient
#13_ Chien / Dog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12226548 Le chien de minuit
#14_ Cigogne / Stork http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11869345 Le vol des cigognes
#15_ Fou / Gannet http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12173601 Les FOUdroyés
#16_ Fourmi / Ant http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12226624 Les fourmis
#17_ Pie / Magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12138747 L'utoPIE
#18_ Pie / Magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11785937 Pris au PIEge
#19_ Pinson / Finch http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12240551 Mimi Pinson
#20_ Poule / Chicken http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12251040 Papa Poule en vacances
#21_ Poulpe / Octopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12199644 Le Poulpe: Le saint des seins
#22_ Poulpe / Octopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12199646 Le Poulpe: Arrêtez le carrelage
#23_ Poulpe / Octopus http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12199649 Le Poulpe: La petite écuyère a cafté
#24_ Rat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11665904 Du contRAT social
#25_ Serpent / Snake http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12539271 Le fleuve-serpent (themed with pics)
#26_ Souris / Mouse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12228080 La souris bleue
#27_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12576842 La traVERsée de l'été
#28_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8418223 Le VERdict du plomb
Profile Image
Well, that's quite a start. o_O

(je serai dans le 5ème demain, je serai aux aguets!)(i'll be in the 5th arrondissement tomorrow, i'll keep my eyes peeled!)
Profile Image
Showoff, elj!

{grin}

As always, I enjoy the release photos - and even recognize some locations!
Profile Image
Two more than yesterday!

3. pie = magpie http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12859390
4. giraffe http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827217
5. animaux = animals http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827287
6. vampire http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827303

(i won't be able to double everyday, just to be perfectly clear, here) :D
Profile Image
3 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12875536/ ELEPHANTS Can Remember

Made the release notes on my smart phone and didn't notice that the time zone was on UTC and not my usual Australian time. So the notes will say that I released it 10 hours later than I actually did!
Profile Image
21 - GAME http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843023/ Hour Game
22 - ASS http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840188/ Season of Passion
23 - RAT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12842936/ Desperate Measures
24 - CHICKEN http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840327/ Chicken Soup for the Christian Family Soul
25 - HEN http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12861159/ When Joy Came to Stay
26 - ANGEL http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12837433/ Angel of Death
27 - SHAD http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12831264/ Valley of Shadows
28 - CAT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832764/ The Cat Who Tailed a Thief
29 - BEAR & DRAGON http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832782/ The Bear and the Dragon
30 - STALLION http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832933/ Rogue Stallion
Profile Image
Book Sale. 5 or cat related, so I am not sure if these count as themed releases?
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12751831?... The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12751833?... Cat Confidential
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12819394?... The Wrath of Angels
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12819394?... The Cat Who Saw Stars
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12708873?... The Cat Who Trailed a Thief
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12708876?... The Cat that Brought Down the House
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12877782?... The Cat Who Went Bananas
Profile Image
7. chien = dog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827313
8. vampire http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827310
9. loup = wolf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827221
10. araignée = spider http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12825460
11. renne = reindeer http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827130
12. chat = cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11453059
13. ange = angel shark http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11453059

Only found two of his, released them almost right away! (yay for smartphones!) :D
Profile Image
Impasse de la Baleine:
#29_ Baleine / Whale http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12539294 L'allée des baleines
#30_ Baleine / Whale http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12343295 La baleine blanche
Passage du Cheval Blanc:
#31_ Cheval / Horse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12585011 La mort du petit cheval
Cour du Coq:
#32_ Coq-Ane / Rooster-Ass http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12199637 Du coq à l'âne
Rue du Cygne:
#33_ Cygne / Swan http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12316711 Les cygnes sauvages
Rue du Fauconnier:
#34_ Faucon / Hawk http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12511769 Mèmed le faucon
#35_ Faucon / Hawk http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12226567 Le faucon des neiges
Rue du Pas de la Mule:
#36_ Mule http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12648570 Le silence de le mule
Rue des Oiseaux:
#37_ Oiseau / Bird http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12684237 La promeneuse d'oiseaux
#38_ Oiseau / Bird http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12431197 L'oiseau de nuit
#39_ Oiseau / Bird http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740223 Les oiseaux
#40_ Oiseau / Bird http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12725532 Les oiseaux de Bangkok
#41_ Oiseau / Bird http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740205 Phèdre les oiseaux
Rue aux Ours:
#42_ Ours / Bear http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12684158 La fameuse invasion de la Sicile par les ours
Rue du Renard:
#43_ Renard / Fox http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12270163 La femme au petit renard
#44_ Renard / Fox http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12725572 La forêt des renards perdus
#45_ Renard / Fox http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12283061 La nuit du renard
#46_ Renard / Fox http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12409040 La nuit du renard
#47_ Renard / Fox http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12409089 La nuit du renard
#48_ Renard / Fox http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740075 La nuit du renard
#49_ Renard / Fox http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740246 La nuit du renard
Profile Image
1. Cat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11057809/ Bad CAT
2. Wolves http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12818795/ The WOLVES of Willoughby Chase
3. Dog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832557/ The Last DOG on Earth
4. Kittens http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12806571/ KITTENS in the Kitchen
5. Animal http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832678/ ANIMAL Alphabet Folding Screen
6. Fireflies http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12725707/ Catching FIREFLIES
7. Horse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12764226/ Shadow HORSE (multiple challenges)
8. Ape http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12825894/ The Woman and the APE
9. Mouse, Wolf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12767229/ A MOUSE Called WOLF
10. Cats http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12864112/ CATS (Little Golden Book) (multiple challenges)
Profile Image
with release photos

1. UNICORNS! - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12819884
2. The Further Adventures of BATman Volume 2: Featuring The PENGUIN - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12819137
3. To Kill a MOCKINGBIRD - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12822109
4. The Further Adventures of BATman - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12819881
Profile Image
31 - ASS http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12842537/ The Passage
32 - RAT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832618/ Rat Trap
33 - DRAGON http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832901/ If There Be Dragons
34 - BEE http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832944/ The Secret Life of Bees
35 - COD http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832870/ The Codex
36 - BUG http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832867/ The Humbug Man
37 - CAT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832772/ The Delicate Storm
38 - TERN, PUFFIN & ASS http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832863/ A Lantern in Her Hand (Puffin Classics)
39 - CARP http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832862/ Red Carpet Christmas
40 - BULLDOG http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832803/ Sister Pelagia and the White Bulldog
Profile Image

Third Day...

#50_ Ara / Macaw http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12250557 Encore un jour au pARAdis
#51_ Canard / Duck http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11786032 Le canard laqué
#52_ Chevaux / Horses http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12648606 L'homme qui murmurait à l'oreille des chevaux (themed with pics)
#53_ Cigogne / Stork http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12250541 Le vol des cigognes
#54_ Coquillage / Shell http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12228089 Le nom des coquillages (themed with pics)
#55_ Elephant http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12450237 Elephant man (themed with pics)
#56_ Fou / Gannet http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12187599 Décembres fous
#57_ Fou / Gannet http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11704077 Le FOUrbe et l'histrion
#58_ Lion http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12725494 Le lion (themed with pics)
#59_ Lion http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12474567 Le chevalier au lion (themed with pics)
#60_ Luciole / Firefly http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11983453 La femme aux lucioles
#61_ Ombre / Grayling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12226595 L'ombre du vent
#62_ Pékinois / Pekingese http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12648539 Péckinois policiers et polars
#63_ Poisson / Fish http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12316701 Le poisson chinois (themed with pics)
#64_ Rat http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12226646 OpéRATion Firewall
#65_ Renne / Reindeer http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827130 Kopoli, le renne guide
#66_ Requin / Shark http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12191692 Requins d'eau douce (themed with pics)
#67_ Rhinocéros http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12082257 Rhinocéros (themed with pics)
#68_ Singe / Ape http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12283125 La planète des singes
#69_ Singe / Ape http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12474545 Le singe
#70_ Ver / Worm http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12191667 Miss SilVER intervient
Profile Image
11. Penguin http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12767550/ PENGUINS (Eyes on Nature) [photo]
12. Goose http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12767547/ The Mother GOOSE Book [photo]
13. Pony http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12818757/ The Fire PONY [photo]
14. Mouse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12768493/ House-MOUSE Friends [photo]
15. Goose http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12781372/ Mother GOOSE Rhymes (multiple challenges)
16. Seahorse http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11922978/ What SEAHORSE Saw (multiple challenges)
17. Polar Bears http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12818783/ POLAR BEARS (Discovering my World)
18. Hen http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12865125/ Little Red HEN
19. Kitten http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12794070/ KITTEN’s Busy Day
20. Animals http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12767549/ Amazing Poisonous ANIMALS
21. Snail http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12827874/ SNAIL Trail
22. Chimpanzees http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12768539/ Jane Goodall and the Wild CHIMPANZEES
23. Horses, Ponies http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12663798/ HORSES and PONIES
24. Armadillo http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12197748/ ARMADILLO Rodeo
25. Bear http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12768550/ The BEAR Went Over the Mountain… [photo]
Profile Image
5. WOLF - Blue Wolf ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12867496/ ), multiple challenges, photo.

6. SALMON - How to Travel with a Salmon ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12831249/ ), multiple challenges, photo.

7. PONY - The Winter Pony ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12707003/ ), multiple challenges, photo.

8. HARE - Harriet's Hare ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12798101/ ), photo.

9. SNAKE - Snake and Other Poems ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12812456/ )

10. BEAST - Beasts ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12707077/ )
Profile Image
8. HARE - Harriet's Hare ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12798101/ ), photo.

Got a lovely catch on this one - all the better, as cordelia-anne sent me the book so as to be involved in this challenge by proxy!
Profile Image
Got a lovely catch on this one - all the better, as cordelia-anne sent me the book so as to be involved in this challenge by proxy!

I love Cordelia-Anne. Say hi to her for me because we're not involved in the same book rings any more so I don't run across her. She's wonderful.
Profile Image
41 - ASS http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832791/ The Brass Verdict
42 - GHOST http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12832811/ Banquo's Ghosts
43 - ANT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12880716/ Top Notch Surgeon, Pregnant Nurse
44 - RAT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12402371/ Crisis Intervention Strategies
45 - FIREBIRD http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12861138/ Toxin/Firebird/You Belong to Me/American Dreams
46 - MACKEREL http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12839649/ Mackerel by Moonlight
47 - SHARK http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12837788/ Sand Sharks
48 - ANGEL http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12856005/ The Killer Angels
49 - ELEPHANT http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12837509/ Water for Elephants
50 - ASS http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12839371/ Class Reunion
Profile Image
We're moved, and happily settled in our new place. No room to stockpile books, and going by the one in one out rule (if you don't count the ones I keep in my car).

1. Still Life with WOODPECKER (themed picture, though not themed release)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439376/

2. The Berenstain BEARs and the Messy Room (my grandchildren tried to recreate the room for you. Themed picture but not themed release) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12860907/

3. Sadako and the 1000 Paper CRANEs (Themed release and picture. See explanation in journal entry for theme.)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439373

4. The Vintage cAPEr (themed with unthemed picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439334/
There was a wine and cheese social going on in the room next to the one with the bookshelves, when I dropped the book off. But I didn't get a picture. The picture is of the reading room.

5. The Secret Garden (Junior Classics for Young Readers) (themed picture, but not themed release)
Because of the full title that comes up when I registered this book, I can use it in the You're Such an Animal Challenge. After all there's an ASS in ClASSics.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439372

6. CATching Fire (themed picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840053/

7. The Elegance of the Hedgehog
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439377/
I got nuthin'. I didn't even like the book.

8. Half Broke HORSES (Themed with picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439378/

9, Charlie's RAVEN (themed picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439386/
not a themed release, but a themed find, as I got this on the book exchange shelf at Flat Rock park where Raven Cliff Falls (pictured) is.
Profile Image
We're moved, and happily settled in our new place. No room to stockpile books, and going by the one in one out rule (if you don't count the ones I keep in my car).

1. Still Life with WOODPECKER (themed picture, though not themed release)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439376/

2. The Berenstain BEARs and the Messy Room (my grandchildren tried to recreate the room for you. Themed picture but not themed release) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12860907/

3. Sadako and the 1000 Paper CRANEs (Themed release and picture. See explanation in journal entry for theme.)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439373

4. The Vintage cAPEr (themed with unthemed picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439334/
There was a wine and cheese social going on in the room next to the one with the bookshelves, when I dropped the book off. But I didn't get a picture. The picture is of the reading room.

5. The Secret Garden (Junior Classics for Young Readers) (themed picture, but not themed release)
Because of the full title that comes up when I registered this book, I can use it in the You're Such an Animal Challenge. After all there's an ASS in ClASSics.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439372

6. CATching Fire (themed picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12840053/

7. The Elegance of the Hedgehog
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439377/
I got nuthin'. I didn't even like the book.

8. Half Broke HORSES (Themed with picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439378/

9, Charlie's RAVEN (themed picture)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439386/
not a themed release, but a themed find, as I got this on the book exchange shelf at Flat Rock park where Raven Cliff Falls (pictured) is.

Love the one in one out rule, how big is your car anyhoo, maybe you should purchase an RV lol.
Profile Image
10. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439432 Charming BILLY
11. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439436/ Girl with the DRAGON Tattoo
12 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439449/ A SepaRATe Peace

no pictures, just releases. Rainy day.
Profile Image

13-15

13. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439362/ The Newborn PONY
14. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12001031/ Massachusetts, California, Timbuktu
15. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12194549/ The Swan Thieves (an audio version this time.)
Profile Image

16 and 17

16. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12885342 Baby ANIMALS on the Farm (themed release with picture)

17. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12892939/ Wild SWANs
Profile Image

18. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12527530/ Do you wANT to know a secret

Profile Image

19 and 20

19 Olive KITteridge http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439379/

20 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12439361/ tANTric Coconuts

I may have more come my way, but that's a wrap for a set!
Profile Image
#2 Delphin - dolphin http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11792476/ (with pic)
#3 Panda - panda http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12854159/ (themed release, with pic)
#4 Tier - animal http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12841732/ (themed release, with pic)
#5 Tiger - tiger http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12841729/ (themed release, can you see the sleeping tiger on the pic?)
#6 Wolf - wolf http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11608410/ (themed release with pic)
#7 Jaguar - jaguar or panther http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10511335/ (themed release with pic)
Profile Image
#71_ Ange / Angelshark http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12199621 Des anges mineurs
#72_ Bécasse / Woodcock http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12283013 Contes de la bécasse
#73_ Bête / Beast http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12497168 Bêtes sans patrie
#74_ Chien / Dog http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12584999 Et qui va promener le chien?
#75_ Chimère / Rabbit fish http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12421560 Le maître des chimères
#76_ Lion http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12725514 Le lion (themed with pic)
#77_ Mouche / Fly http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12474535 Les mouches
#78_ Oiseau / Bird http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740150 Harjunpaa et l'homme-oiseau (themed with pic)
#79_ Ombre / Grayling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12273161 Les ombres
#80_ Pélican http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12448903 L'affaire Pélican (themed with pic)
#81_ Perroquet / Parrot http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740094 Le théorème du perroquet
#82_ Pigeon http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12684240 Le pigeon (themed with pic)
#83_ Poisson / Fish http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12648571 Queue de poisson (themed with pic)
#84_ Rhinocéros http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12409120 Rhinocéros
#85_ Seiche / Cuttlefish http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740056 La seiche
#86_ Tigre / Tiger http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12740208 Tigre en papier (themed with pic)
Profile Image
I LOVE your cemetery releases!
Profile Image
4 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12879664/ The LION, the Witch and the Wardrobe

It was caught shortly after.
Profile Image
Here is my first batch, all with pics unless otherwise mentioned, some themed, none caught:

#1. DOGS (chiens) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12736681 (themed but not animal-wise)
#2. FLIES (mouches) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12528811 (themed)
#3. OCTOPUS (poulpe) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12858673
#4. OCTOPUS (poulpe) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12858669
#5. APE (singe) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12858668
#6. CUTTLEFISH (seiche) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12858666 (themed)
#7. DOVE (colombe) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12736684 (themed release by street name)
#8. BIRDS (oiseaux) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12356371 (themed release by street name)
#9. MOCKING BIRD (oiseau moqueur) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843864 (themed release by street name)
#10. BEAST (bête) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843889
#11. BILLY GOAT (bouc) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12736685 (no pic)
#12. GANNET (fou) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12528835 (themed but not animal-wise)
#13. CROWS (corbeaux) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12858665
#14. ANIMALS (animaux) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843869
#15. OCTOPUS (poulpe) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12858675
#16. WOLVES (loups) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12736849
#17. MOLE (taupe) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12736686 (themed but non animal-wise)
#18. SAITHE (colin) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843866 (themed)
#19. OCTOPUS (poulpe) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12858672 (themed)
#20. MICE (souris) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12843863

Very happy to see Sha and Czukie finally joining in as well! :o)
Profile Image
1 - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12571596/ Sand SHARKs: A Deborah Knott Mystery
Profile Image
11. CAMEL - Glory in a Camel's Eye ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12845011 ), multiple challenges, photo.

12. LING - The Brutal Telling ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12859627 ), multiple challenges, photo. [A ling is akind of fish.]

13. VAMPIRE - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12836446/ ), multiple challenges, photo.
Profile Image
I love little free libraries. A great place to release to.
Profile Image
A nice beginning.

1 2 3 4 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.