Now being run by crrcookie. This first post will contain the info you need to know about the challenge. I hosted this in 2009, 2008, 2007, in 2006, and for the last few months of 2005 and it was fun and successful.
The rules are the same as they were for those previous challenges, so I am just going to C&P the same ones here edited a bit to keep up to date---
I have made it my goal to read as many books given to me by other BCers as possible and then move them on. I wasn't hoarding by any means, I gave out as many as I got surely. I would still like to thank the kind BCers who passed books along to me via trade, bookrelays, wild releasing, and RABCKs and so I will continue the journeys of those books. In other words I want to "Keep Them Moving." (Side note added in 2010- I met this goal a couple of years ago and have very little on my shelf now from other BCers. I just keep hosting the challenge because I enjoy it and by request, so I may not have many releases for this challenge of my own).
1. The book must be read entirely, not partially. It must be released in 2010. It should also be read in 2010, but if you had a few books lingering from last year that were read but not released yet, feel free to count them here too once released.
2. The release can be in any manner you see fit- wild release, relay, ring, ray, box, trade, RABCK, ect.
3. The book must NOT be originally registered by you, but another BCer. It doesn't matter how you got it (ring, ray, box, relay, wild release, trade, RABCK, ect) as long as you were not the first to register it. Please don't set up bogus accounts or other tricky means of inflating your numbers for this challenge. There is no need since there is no prize for the most releases.
4. Please post links to each book after you read and release it. You can do that in this thread. Also number the release so we know if it is the first, second, third, (you get the point) book for the challenge.
5. When the challenge is over I will randomly choose participates in the challenge to receive a prize. Don't join for the prizes. They are just small tokens, nothing major.
6. I will start a new thread for this challenge every 6 months as the thread got too large in previous years. It will be a year long challenge, but should have 2 threads (January-June and July-December).
7. No need to let me know you are joining, just chime right in. And you can join anytime throughout 2010.
I made this icon for the releases. You don't have to use it, but you may if you choose. Here is the journal entry which includes the icon twice as it went through 2 challenge participants:http://bookcrossing.com/---/1635931/
If you have any questions, let me know.
BTW... There is a 2010 challenge participant picture on my BC profile if anyone is interested in using it for anything.