I really need to clean off my shelves a bit, so I'm doing this for myself! If anyone wants to join in, please do. I've never posted a Release Challenge before, so feel free to make comments & suggestions. I'm borrowing some of this from KarenBC's Flying With Eagles Challenge thread, and she apparently got some of it from AlterEgoZoe...
The Challenge: release books that have a word starting with "D" in the title.
1. Runs December 1 - December 31. For some of you, I realize it's already December 1, so I apologize. I only thought of this last night and this is the first chance I've had to do it. (It's still November 30 here.)
* No need to post just to say you're joining, just jump in with your releases!
1. Any type of release counts: wild, controlled, OBCZ if you're lucky enough to have one, etc.
2. Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs and proper nouns in any language count.
* Only the first letter of an acronym/initialism counts - as in D.I.M. but not H.I.D.E.
* Articles don't count - for instance, if "the" begins with the letter d in your language. (Besides, didn't you use up all your "the" books for Rockdg9's "the" challenge?)
* If your language doesn't use the same sort of characters, it should be a word that begins with the same sound as the letter D in English (in other words, it would be a d if it was transliterated into English). I'll have to take your word for it. :)
3. Dual challenge releases are fine.
4. The idea is to put as many books into circulation as possible, so one point per book, regardless of how many D words you have in the title. Even Darkly Dreaming Dexter only counts once!
* Rule for hyphen8 only: no buying books specifically for this challenge!
5. Post releases in this thread - Subject: Release number
Post: Number. Title, Author, link to journal page
6. Prizes? Probably either book-related or Hawaii-related, I'm not sure which. :)
* the most releases
* the most wild catches (so if you have a catch, please post the link!)
* one random winner chosen from all other participants