🇬🇧 Bookswap Game at The BCUK Uncon

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Everyone attending the Northampton Uncon is welcome to take part. You will need a good book that you can recommend and can talk about ( either from your knowledge of the book or from the blurb on the back). After stealing and revealing you will take home a new book and if you don't get the one you wanted you can ask to go on a bookray for it.
The book should be given a BCID and it should be wrapped in an imaginative / fun way. There will be a small prize for the best dressed book. The Bookswap Game takes place at 4.15 p.m. on the Saturday afternoon and lasts approximately 1 hour. Do join in. It is good fun. MissMarkey

I've been thinking over which book to take.

Me too. Not sure which book though.

Me three. Love the Bookswap game. Will find a suitable book

I have loads of books in mind will have to narrow it down

It's always loads of fun.

I've seen you run one of these things a few times now, MM. It is amazing how you can get a roomful of people smiling and laughing and rolling around upside down on the floor wetting themselves.

You have a gift. I tell my best joke and people frown.

The Adult Lego community has a similar game: Dirty Brickster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

http://www.brickbender.com/---/dirty-brickster.html

on the floor wetting themselves

Much as I love this, I would prefer to avoid the "wetting themselves" bit. I've reached that age already...

on the floor wetting themselves

Much as I love this, I would prefer to avoid the "wetting themselves" bit. I've reached that age already...

Ah, that may have been me. I have an overly enthusiastic sense of humour sometimes, and Miss Markey knows how to crank it up.

Most others stop short of that point, but she sure runs a fabulous bookwsap.

I did one at Oxford but it's been a while and I so enjoyed watching the game in Ipswich. I have a book chosen already . :-)

I always enjoy doing this :-)

Thanks for organising :)

MissMarkey & JemmaJ we sent you both a message a few weeks back regarding planning ahead looking at tidying up Northamptonshire's release zones in preparation for the uncon later this year.
Could you both check your junk mail folders please?

JemmaJ 2 mos ago
RE: *Waves*
Received nothing! Sorry. I only know of my local zone (Towcester Mill; as I'm the Zone Manager)

I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing in it from BC. Can you resend?

MissMarkey & JemmaJ we sent you both a message a few weeks back regarding planning ahead looking at tidying up Northamptonshire's release zones in preparation for the uncon later this year.
Could you both check your junk mail folders please?

Resent to you both

...I have plenty of books to choose from

Please include me😀

Remember to dress your book up well and it might win a prize!!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.