🇩🇪 Mainz 2019 Convention: registration is open

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
After we finished all the extensive paperwork, you can finally sign up here:
https://bcmainz2019.wordpress.com/registration/

We are looking forward to meeting you in April! Thank you for your patience.

Registered and paid!

I registered and paid by bank transfer.

I’ve registered and paid

Registered and paid!

Not paid yet!

Any rewards for first day registrations...?;-)

Any rewards for first day registrations...?;-)

Paid yesterday

Registered. Will pay soon. Waiting for some Euros to arrive in my Paypal account so I can save on conversion fees :-)

wingLeseschafwing 4 mos ago
registered
and transfer ordered ;-)

Will pay later

For Mr_Browny and myself!

before my departure to the uncon ;-) I am happy

yesterday.

wingholle77wing 4 mos ago
just paid

Now I had to go to my bank for the payement.

will pay later :)

I have to do the payment this week

Same for me !

Payment done today

and am about to pay!

Edit: there, payment done.

wingdschinnywing 4 mos ago
Registered
Will pay by bank transfer tomorrow.

i registered a couple of days ago and today i paid.

By bank virement.

Skyring 4 mos ago
On the way
Thanks for putting this on! I'm now paid for flights, accommodation, and attendance. Just a matter of waiting now.

:-)))

Me too!

Please contact Azuki

No, but I'd be interested in a Telegram group. 😉

I had a Telegram account, but couldn't 'find' anyone there. So I recently deleted it.

We had one for Bordeaux and it was quite handy!

I think the Bordeaux one was renamed BC Convention or something like that so it could be re-used. azuki was the organiser, so maybe check with her whether she intends to continue it.

Yes I thought about this, but the attendees are different.

I'd like to book a hotel, but I don't know if we can attend (because of the 200 people limit).

I'd like to book a hotel, but I don't know if we can attend (because of the 200 people limit).

As far as I can tell we have about ten registrations that are not yet on the list.

Just wonder if there's anybody playing the game and planning to be in Mainz. I'd bring some Carnivore and Heracross for you guys. : ) But lmk so we can exchange codes and be friends for the trade.

Me but we are already friends.

One4worldpeace?

8019 1055 7648 for Skyring66

Just wonder if there's anybody playing the game and planning to be in Mainz. I'd bring some Carnivore and Heracross for you guys. : ) But lmk so we can exchange codes and be friends for the trade.

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it to Mainz and the convention this year. We'll have to exchange Pokemons at some other time in life.

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it to Mainz and the convention this year.

Oh, I am sorry to read, that you are not coming. We will miss you!

dito :-(

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it to Mainz and the convention this year.

Thank you! I will miss all of you too.

I am sorry to hear that too. :(

I am sorry to hear that too. :(

:-(
Yes, sometimes things just don't work out. I'll be thinking of you and stalking the forums.

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it to Mainz and the convention this year. We'll have to exchange Pokemons at some other time in life.
For those who have not yet booked their travel to Mainz, the option of making a stopover in Sweden is always on the cards. I made it back to Gothenburg and would willingly return again and again.

Will definitely miss you!

Oh, what a shame! We'll miss you. Love to you all xxx

Still lots of spots available!

registered and paid.

can't wait till April!

payed, booked a flight, rent a appartment -
I'm glad to see you all (again)

wingLiandraawing 2 mos ago
registered
registered and paid by bank transfer

'Just need to get air organized.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing you there (Brexit shambles allowing). The best thing about the TV coverage of UK politics in the last couple of days has been footage of Larry the cat going into Number 10.

Oh, no! The Brexit Schmozzle just CAN'T cause anyone to miss Mainz!

So glad to have you guys as the Canadian representatives!!

Hi Azuki: I am going solo. Is there another Canuck going? That would be fun. We are underrepresented at Conventions!

(I always do the touring after the convention on the assumption that my luggage will be lighter.)

Want to get some idea and inspiration from you guys.

We like food and wine but, no offense, just not a fan of riesling... can't handle that sipping wine at a gas(petrol) station feel. However, we'd heard about how beautiful Mosel valley is, and Rheingau too, so we want to see if there are some a day or two cruise we can take.

Come to Berlin! Distances over here are very un-Canadian, it's five hours by train. And I'm having a few days off after the Convention...

I would normally but not this year. Too much uncertainty with Brexit so kept everything cancellable. Hope you have fun - and Berlin is lovely. I want to go back.

(I always do the touring after the convention on the assumption that my luggage will be lighter.)

We like food and wine but, no offense, just not a fan of riesling... can't handle that sipping wine at a gas(petrol) station feel. However, we'd heard about how beautiful Mosel valley is, and Rheingau too, so we want to see if there are some a day or two cruise we can take.

You may want to have a look here: https://www.romantischer-rhein.de/---/unesco-world-heritage/ . Lots of vineyards, small towns and castles. The regional train connections are good. I did a lot of hiking in the area with trains from Mainz.

As far as the Riesling is concerned: I don't like it either, a bit sour for me. But, if you try the local ones, you'll probably find they don't taste like petrol station .... And we do grow a lot of different wines in the area, Pinot Gris for example, and also a lot of reds.

I am going to Bingen and Koblenz and willing to have a boat trip on the river Rhin

ApoloniaX, we thought about Berlin but when we looked at the map a few days ago and saw that it was quite far from Mainz, we had decided against it. But if you say 5 hours that sound doable! (Indeed, 5 hours will only get me halfway through from Miami to the state line of Florida/Georgia) We'll definitely look into it!

Currently, we are thinking of taking the train up river, stay a day in Boppard, maybe other stops along the river, and do a day or two up Mosel on a ship.

However, we just found out today that hubby's passport expires in May. We'll go submit a renewal next week and hopefully the government shut down won't delay it too long. Worst case scenario, I'll be coming solo... which is not that bad after all, he he...

ApoloniaX, we thought about Berlin but when we looked at the map a few days ago and saw that it was quite far from Mainz, we had decided against it. But if you say 5 hours that sound doable! We'll definitely look into it!

Berlin is a must-see in my book. So many interesting places to visit, always so much going on.

It looks like no specific tours/activities are posted yet. I don't want to miss anything!

and will pay today ...

If somebody want to visit Halle (Saale),Germany, ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halle_(Saale) ) just send me a message... for walking through the town with sightseeing and/or a meeting.

"...(The Rhine River)...there, the people take to heart the lyrics of their songs: that living on the Rhine confers a unique ability to enjoy life, as well as a good-natured, peaceful personality..."

is there an address I can send books to? I have quite a lot of German books that would like to go home to Germany.
(Sorry if this question has already been asked somewhere else and I didn't see the answer.)

is there an address I can send books to? I have quite a lot of German books that would like to go home to Germany.
(Sorry if this question has already been asked somewhere else and I didn't see the answer.)

Let's hope you can make it!

And no, there is no adress to send books to. I, for one, have not enough room to store bookboxes. Edit on 9th of Feb: In case of small emergencies, we will try and find a individual solution.

And no, there is no adress to send books to. I, for one, have not enough room to store bookboxes.

I see. Thanks.

And no, there is no adress to send books to. I, for one, have not enough room to store bookboxes.

shnedwards, feel free to send a parcel to me if you can't make it (but I really hope you can!), I have some space under my bed to store a box of books for a few days, as long as it isn't over 10kg I can easily bring it with me from Berlin.

Thank you, Apolonia. That's very kind. I've only got a few books ready to go at the moment but I'll read some more. At least two of them are books you gave me :D

I've already got a box full of RABCKs for attendees and there's no way I can bring them in luggage from the U.S.

May have to think again about attending. Isn't bringing gifts for others a big part of the fun?

We’ll drive to Mainz. So if none of the organizers can receive your parcel, you can send it to me. We’take it with us to Mainz.

Thank you so much, RazFaz, that is very kind of you!

I would be sending it around the end of March, so there is time to see if an organizer can do it.
Thanks again!

... for Raffle price.
A small or bigger one -if someone likes to join.

Finally I got myself organised and registered :) See you all soon.

Hallo Faizy - looking forward to meeting up with you again!

....getting it ready to bring to Mainz. Who will be the winner this time?

I'll bring one again.

I'll bring one from.... Lisbon.

but please keep in mind we all like a small abundance of books, but have to cope with it after the Convention.

And please, seriously, no "threats" ...

but have to cope with it after the Convention.

Any convention/unconvention I've been on we've taken all the books on a release walk on the Sunday so nothing was left for the committee to "cope with" as far as I'm aware. (And I don't understand the threats comment.)

I think d-vineland was referring to my earlier post saying I might reconsider attending the convention if I can't send the books I'd planned to give as RABCKs. I know it sounded childish, and I apologize to the Org Team. I was just shocked because personally I've sent books ahead to 5 conventions so far (of which I was attending 4) so I assumed it was standard practice. And I'll be traveling around for 2 weeks prior to the convention and that's a long time to haul books around even if they fit in the suitcase and don't exceed the airline's weight requirements...

Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: I'm also surprised there is no release walk planned.

feltre 1 mo ago
Release walk
If a release walk isn't planned, each one of us can take some of the remaining books and release them around. It'll be less work for the organizing team and more fun for us.

I think that's a good solution to the leftover books issue!

If a release walk isn't planned, each one of us can take some of the remaining books and release them around. It'll be less work for the organizing team and more fun for us.

Do we know a release walk isn't planned? As far as I can see nothing is planned yet. I'm sure I've usually booked tours and things by now. Not even any guest authors listed on the website. I try and read the books of the authors attending but it seems unlikely this year.

Do we know a release walk isn't planned? As far as I can see nothing is planned yet. I'm sure I've usually booked tours and things by now. Not even any guest authors listed on the website. I try and read the books of the authors attending but it seems unlikely this year.

I think it was mentioned somewhere around the forum that there won't be one, but I can't remember where? I'm planning to take a bunch of remaining books anyway and release them in Prague afterwards, so that's at least a dozen-or-so books off the committee's hands :)

I think it was mentioned somewhere around the forum that there won't be one, but I can't remember where?

Sakirmo, I'm almost certain I saw it somewhere as well, but can't remember where either!

I think it was mentioned somewhere around the forum that there won't be one, but I can't remember where?

Sakirmo, I'm almost certain I saw it somewhere as well, but can't remember where either!

It was mentioned in the first draft of the schedule that we would skip the release walk. We were worried about getting in trouble with city authorities due to "littering".
Releasing in smaller groups should be fine.

Great !

Sounds great!

Sounds like fun!

I was hoping for a boat Trip.
Sounds great!

That sounds perfect! Eine Kreuzfahrt auf dem Rhein. Das ist meine lieblingreise. A wine on the Rhine.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.