🇩🇪 Save the date: Convention 2019 in MAINZ 26.-28.04.2019

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
While looking forward to the Convention in Bordeaux, we proudly announce the date of the 2019 Convention in Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.

The convention will be held from the 26th -28th of April 2019 (with a thursday-trip on the 25th), at the "Haus der Jugend". This is located in the middle of town, a 5 minute walking distance from the marketplace and the Gutenberg-Museum.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Mainz.

The website is a work in progress, as is the planning:

https://bcmainz2019.wordpress.com/

wingRazFazwing 1 yr ago
:-)
Date saved !

See you in Bordeaux!

wingMoemwing 1 yr ago
That's too bad
I have a funeral on that day.

...April fool! Of course I'll be there. :-D

I have a funeral on that day.

...April fool! Of course I'll be there. :-D

If you plan to murder someone, don't announce the funeral beforehand. Even a really stupid TV-detective will find this suspicious.

If you plan to murder someone, don't announce the funeral beforehand.

NOW you tell me!

Exellent news, date saved.

wingLamillawing 1 yr ago
great news

I love it!

wingFifnawing 1 yr ago
Yes!
Duly noted, I'll be there.

Great news!

wingKrissa33wing 1 yr ago
Yes!
I'll be there!

Good news!

bei mir endlich einmal ausgehen 😊

Already a nice thing to look forward to in 2019. :) :) :)

As there are trains Paris / Strasbourg / Mainz at Gare de l'Est Station in Paris, I could come.. wait and see !!!

Just for the weekend though. This does not fall in my Easter hols. Hoping that there is a direct flight. Off to check now.

And then train to Mainz? How long is that train journey please?

average 26 min:
https://www.trainline.eu/---/mainz-hbf-to-frankfurt-m-flughafen-regionalbf

Frankfurt Airport is pretty much in-between Frankfurt and Mainz, you can even take the "S-Bahn" S8 towards Wiesbaden, some kind of a suburban train, cheaper than the fast ICE trains.

Frankfurt Airport is pretty much in-between Frankfurt and Mainz, you can even take the "S-Bahn" S8 towards Wiesbaden, some kind of a suburban train, cheaper than the fast ICE trains.

Frankfurt Main Airport
https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/---/transport.html

Public Transport Frankfurt/Main - Mainz
https://www.rmv.de/---/en
"Frankfurt (Main) Flughafen Regionalbahnhof" to "Mainz Hauptbahnhof" in 26 min with S-Bahn or RE (Regionalexpress)

and a smaller airport in Hunsrück, but called Frankfurt Hahn
http://www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx?...
with bus shuttle

Thank you to all providing travel info. I will be able to get there after work on the Fri eve. Count me in.

And how likely will there be a strike? ; P

Date saved

... I've updated my calendar accordingly.

So i'll be able to get the time off

I'll pencil that in to my calendar!

wingbibowing 1 yr ago
I'll be there

I’m so excited! I’m actually making a family vacation of it, as I’ve never been to Germany before.

I attended the German speaking convention in Frankfurt in 2007

Have to go after the fab time we had in Frankfurt!

Looking forward to it :)

I'm planning to be there

This will be my second convention, I have the dates written down and will book the time off of work :) This will be my first trip to Germany

I will come.

Date saved. I'm planning to be there too :)

wingSqueakyChuwing 1 yr ago
Hmmmm?!!
I'm actually thinking about it! :)

http://www.bbc.com/---/20180507-how-a-german-city-changed-how-we-read?...

First there was wine, than there were books- I got it :-)

kinedi 1 yr ago
Date saved !

The Mainz convention website:
https://bcmainz2019.wordpress.com

wow.

Looks very nice and lovely photographs. I did not know that you really do have Mainzelmännchen traffic lights :-)

Looks very nice and lovely photographs. I did not know that you really do have Mainzelmännchen traffic lights :-)

Only two. They did them last year when the German Unity Day was held here, and kept them afterwards. Despite the complaints from the ministry of traffic-or-something.

Tried to check the site out - it is marked as private. I want to see the place the convention is happening at...

Tried to check the site out - it is marked as private. I want to see the place the convention is happening at...

Re: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9126196 .

Sorry, we are still working on it, it's being holiday season and everything.
Probably next week.

Fingers crossed I will be able to attend. It all depends on my work shifts/school holidays

School holidays 2019 do not include the Convention weekend.

While looking forward to the Convention in Bordeaux, we proudly announce the date of the 2019 Convention in Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
I'll be there. A lovely part of the world.

due to new rules of datacollecting. Not that we want to collect your data ......

So, we have to add some information ( for which we will have to do some research first), then it will be online again.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And, by the way, we are really pleased that so many Bookcrossers are planning to come!

I have just had to do this with my website! It is so not fun! Even those of us not in the EU - but might have EU traffic - have had to comply too.

I have just had to do this with my website! It is so not fun! Even those of us not in the EU - but might have EU traffic - have had to comply too.

Could we use some parts of your privacy policy text?

Sure! I "borrowed" it in bits and piece from elsewhere :-) Just make sure you change it to be relevant to your website!

20-29/4
My husband is coming and we are planning to go around a little bit before the convention.

20-29/4
My husband is coming and we are planning to go around a little bit before the convention.

How lovely. Looking foward to seeing you again!

20-29/4

How lovely. Looking foward to seeing you again!

Great to meet again!

20-29/4

Great!

Saving the date. I sure do hope I can come. Had a great time at my first convention in Oslo.

Mr Romney's leave has been approved and my first lot of flights have been booked. Six weeks in Europe again - Yay :-)

Looking forward to more details so I can keep planning.

It will be lovely to meet and re-meet lots of my wonderful BookCrossing friends, some of whom might have participated in the "First International BC MeetUp" in Tuebingen, Germany, 2004, and its successors where I was, in Frankfurt, Basel/Switzerland or Dresden. And some whom I've written with but never met yet, including Skyring. ;-)

Komma 1 yr ago
Maybee :-)

wingdschinnywing 1 yr ago
Pencilled
into my calendar. Hope I'll make it.

hope for greate time

Can I just ask if any other British bookcrosser has wondered about travelling to Europe three weeks after we leave the EU? I'm sure there won't be any problems but we're now getting scare stories of visa requirements. One of my work colleagues has announced that he won't be travelling in the first 6 months until the Government get their act together (might take longer than that!).

I'm an Australian, so really have no idea on Brexit, but surely it would be just like the Schengen Visa for us (and many other countries?) Pretty much it's automatic we just have limited time in the zone. I'm actually quite curious how it's going to work out, because I know lots of dual AU/UK citizens who use their UK passports to have easier travel throughout Europe.

Can I just ask if any other British bookcrosser has wondered about travelling to Europe three weeks after we leave the EU? I'm sure there won't be any problems but we're now getting scare stories of visa requirements. One of my work colleagues has announced that he won't be travelling in the first 6 months until the Government get their act together (might take longer than that!).

I am worried. I could go into a big rant at this point but I will spare you!

No worries, if everything else fails, we will smuggle you in!

No worries, if everything else fails, we will smuggle you in!

I should have known I could rely on you. :-)

wingauweiawing 1 yr ago
Date saved

The convention will be held from the 26th -28th of April 2019

I was originally planning on going, but there's too much going on next year, so I will not be able to afford it. My mum turns 70, and wants to go to England, and there's WorldCon in Dublin that we already have memberships for.

Good luck!

After meeting Coco7 and her family again in Florida last month, our likelihood of attending has grown tremendously, as it reminds us how much fun it is to be with fellow BCers.

Not to mention now that Pokemon Go has trade feature, i am really hoping to get together with my BXing Pokemon catching friends to exchange some regional specials!! X D

I'm planning to go to the Convention in Mainz.

Me too with Lola66 ! :-)

Me too with Lola66 ! :-)

+1. And I hope Neige78 could come too !

the website is online again.

Yay! :-)
Could you post it on the main message of the thread, please, so it is easier to find?

When does the sing up start?

Yay! :-)
Could you post it on the main message of the thread, please, so it is easier to find?

When does the sing up start?

It will take a little while till the singing starts, we will keep you informed.

and hopefully i will be there :-)

Can’t seem to find a link to registration on the website

Registration is not open yet.

do you have any idea when the registration will be open?

As soon as we have a bank account.

As soon as we have a bank account.

and when will that be?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

So I better renew my passport.

eligi 1 yr ago
Date saved
i hope i will be able to come

Looking forward!!!

My first Convention ;-)))

My first Convention ;-)))
Enjoy! They are addictive.

Pete, who lost count around twenty

Habe mich eben angemeldet :)
Meine erste Convention. Juhuuu!
Merci und Vielen Dank an das Organisationsteam ♥
Liebe Grüße aus Plön

Stumbled upon the now possible registration yesterday and immediately signed up and paid. Accomodation is booked.

Hooray!

date saved!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.